In Chicago? Join us!

  • Suzanne Wagner Budak
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 15, 2007
      Do you miss that heavy, stick to your ribs Ukrainian home-cooking?
      Looking for someone to share a few stories with over a few Obolon or
      Slavutich?

      "Laskavo Procimo" -- You are warmly invited to our place for vareniky,
      salads and a few Ukrainian beers in celebration of Ukrainian Independence
      Day (August 24th). This gathering is informal and open to everyone (RPCVs,
      staff, friends, family and people planning to go to Ukraine). You are
      welcome to bring your favorite dish or drink to share, but there should be
      plenty to go around.

      Disclaimer: Sorry to disappoint you, but there will be no "holodetz" (that
      mysterious grey jellied meat, hmm... no I don't miss that!).

      Where: Budak Family Condo, 4951 N Wolcott Ave #2a, Chicago IL 60640
      (Just a few minutes walk from the Brown Line Damen L stop or the UP
      Northline Metra Ravenswood at the corner of Argyle & Wolcott)

      When: Friday, August 24th 6pm-8pm
      (group may head out later to Ukrainian village or nearby to
      Andersonville or Lincoln Square)

      This gathering is informal and open to all, but please e-mail Suzanne if you
      plan to attend at:
      malenkasue@...

      Pochikayamo -- We're waiting for you!
      Suzanne Wagner Budak, RPCV Group 13 Vinnytska Oblast -Ladyzhin
      *******************************
      Also, don't miss out....

      If you are in Chicago this weekend (18th-19th), be sure to check out the
      Ukrainian Days Festival:

      When: Saturday, August 18 noon - 10 p.m. Sunday, August 19th: noon- 10pm
      Where: Smith Park, 2526 W. Grand Ave. , Chicago , IL 60602 (Near Chicago &
      Western Ave)

      Large community event drawing Ukrainian diaspora from neighborhood &
      suburbs. Features live music, folk dancers, ethnic food, a beer garden,
      arts and crafts, kids' activities and more.

      Price: Suggested donation $5 benefits the Ukrainian Congress Committee of
      America

      Puzzles, trivia teasers, word scrambles and more. Play for your chance to
      win! http://club.live.com/home.aspx?icid=CLUB_hotmailtextlink