Surge Protector Grief

  • Sarah
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 17, 2006
      Hi everyone, I would appreciate any help I could get with this
      problem. I have a dell inspiron 700m notebook. I am trying to purchase
      a surge protector for it but unfortunately I cannot find an in-line
      surge protector that is compatible with my adaptor (it just does not
      exist, I promise). So instead, I am looking for a direct surge
      protector (a box you just plug in to the wall). However, I can't seem
      to find any that are for 240V. I know everyone recommends the APC in-
      line protector, but it doesn't fit my notebook plug. If anyone has any
      advice pleeeease help!

      -Sarah

      (x posted everywhere)
    • Kathryn Kuebler
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 18, 2006
        Hey Sarah,

        I know that with our country we were told to wait until we got into the country before we purchased the surge protector. Depending on where you go, current volunteers will be able to help you with that purchase. Also, the ones here are bulky and heavy, and trust me when I tell you that you will want the space in your luggage for something else.

        Unless I'm totally mistaken and you already are in country ... in that case, I recommend GoldSource, which has both 110 and 220 outputs.

        Let me know if anything is unclear or if I can help in any other way. Have a great day,

        Kat
        az4