Romanian Independence Day celebration in Washington, DC

  • Rebeka Fergusson-Lutz
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 11, 2005
      The board of the American-Romanian Partnership for Gender Equality would like to invite you to its first annual Romanian Independence Day celebration on Saturday, December 3 from 4 to 8 p.m.! Come out to Mary's Center at 2355 Ontario Road, NW in the Adams Morgan/Columbia Heights neighborhood of Washington, D.C., to fete the best of Romania. With music and dancing, photos and food, it's a night you won't want to miss!

      * Just can't get enough of the "Numa, numa" song? Don't worry: it's on our playlist!

      * Have you always wanted to learn how to do the hora, the traditional Romanian circle dance? Our native-born volunteer dance instructors will show you how!

      * Be sure to sample the authentic Transylvanian desserts!

      Food will be provided by award-winning chef Jeff Heineman, owner of Grapeseed Bistro in Bethesda (www.grapeseedbistro.com), one of Washington's premiere fine dining establishments. Wine and beer will also be available for an additional donation.

      This event is also a fundraiser for the American-Romanian Partnership for Gender Equality. Help us reach our goal of $50,000 to create the first shelter for domestic violence victims in Sibiu County! For more information about ARPGE, its mission, or its founding members, please visit www.equality-romania.org.

      There will be an admission charge of $25 at the door. Purchase your tickets now at www.equality-romania.org and pay only $20.

      Any questions? Call Becka Fergusson-Lutz, president of ARPGE, at (202) 841-2428 or email info@....