biking in bulgaria / ee

  • kellygdj
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 21, 2005
      any other road biker pcvs in this part of the world? if youve come
      across listings of amateur races or ld rides, please let me know. -
      greg kelly, bulgaria 18, training in hissarya
    • Michael Regimbal
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 17, 2005
        Greg,

        I am a roadie and will be starting my PST in Macedonia in one week.
        Depending on which part of the country I am assigned there may be some
        possibilities. I was actually going to purchase a mountain bike
        though not a road bike once I'm at my site since it seemed that a mtn
        bike would be more useful overall. A couple questions: Did you bring
        a road bike with you or buy one? How much are they approx?
        thanks, Mike

        --- In PeaceCorpsEEandCA@yahoogroups.com, "kellygdj" <kellygdj@y...>
        wrote:
        > any other road biker pcvs in this part of the world? if youve come
        > across listings of amateur races or ld rides, please let me know. -
        > greg kelly, bulgaria 18, training in hissarya
      • Greg Kelly
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 20, 2005
          hey man, great to hear youre coming on over. i
          brought my bike, and would encourage you to look into
          how much it would cost you to bring yours. the
          selection is OK in sofia, but not great (so i hear) or
          cheap. i will also hook you up with another dude who
          is based in south-western bulgaria when you get out
          here. gk

          gk

          http://mail.yahoo.com