Re: invited!

  • Adrianne
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 1, 2005
      Hey Rejoyce and all!

      Sorry, I'm secondary...I'm totally stoked for that. I found the
      pckyrgyz2 group, so maybe I'll try migrating this conversation
      there, but 'til then...
      The biggest thing for me is dealing with leaving 2 weeks earlier
      than anticipated. I'm in Denver 'til August 18th and most my friends
      and family are in Washington, Montana and Oregon, so it's gonna be a
      crunch to say good bye.
      At this point I'm getting intimidated by the admiration. What's
      really getting to me is the "I could never do that" type comments.
      I know PC is very difficult, but sometimes I think I'm
      underestimating how difficult it's gonna be.
      Look forward to seeing you in a few weeks!

      Adrianne
      K13

      --- In PeaceCorpsEEandCA@yahoogroups.com, "mingatwa" <mingatwa@y...>

    • Melody Jones
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 1, 2005
        Dont worry about those comments. It will be more difficult than you
        are expecting but probably in different ways than you think. Also in
        some respects it'll be easier than you thought it would be. But just
        go with the flow and stay upbeat!

        Packing tip: bring your own towel.

        --
        Service is the rent we pay for the privilege of living on this earth.
        Shirley Chisholm
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 2, 2005
          I just tell strangers i am a teacher and i am moving overseas to
          teach. they never know Kr so i say near china. If someone shows
          interest, i may go into detail.

          Trent and I are on a two to four week from Georgia to Deleware
          visiting fam and friends as we speak- and we are trying to figure
          out how to get to boston b4 we go. And We have to do so much- hope
          to send off the last car payment today- Yipee!! and when i am done
          with reading up on my groups, i have to go to sierra trading post
          and order us some smartwool socks and long underwear- still trying
          to decide if we can make it with our three season sleeping bags or
          if we need to upgrade to 0 degree. that will come another day. Any
          advice from KR PCVs appreciated.

          rejoyce- to be k13

          -- In PeaceCorpsEEandCA@yahoogroups.com, Melody Jones
          <melody.jones@g...> wrote:
          > Dont worry about those comments. It will be more difficult than
          you
          > are expecting but probably in different ways than you think. Also
          in
          > some respects it'll be easier than you thought it would be. But
          just
          > go with the flow and stay upbeat!
          >
          > Packing tip: bring your own towel.
          >
          > On 8/1/05, Adrianne <ajparks81@y...> wrote:
          > > Hey Rejoyce and all!
          > >
          > > Sorry, I'm secondary...I'm totally stoked for that. I found
          the
          > > pckyrgyz2 group, so maybe I'll try migrating this conversation
          > > there, but 'til then...
          > > The biggest thing for me is dealing with leaving 2 weeks
          earlier
          > > than anticipated. I'm in Denver 'til August 18th and most my
          friends
          > > and family are in Washington, Montana and Oregon, so it's gonna
          be a
          > > crunch to say good bye.
          > > At this point I'm getting intimidated by the admiration.
          What's
          > > really getting to me is the "I could never do that" type
          comments.
          > > I know PC is very difficult, but sometimes I think I'm
          > > underestimating how difficult it's gonna be.
          > > Look forward to seeing you in a few weeks!
          > >
          > > Adrianne
          > > K13
          > >

          > > --- In PeaceCorpsEEandCA@yahoogroups.com, "mingatwa"
          > > <mingatwa@y...>
          > > wrote:
          > > > Yes, welcome Adrianne, I look forward to meeting you in 6
          weeks. I
          > > > am also interested in meeting you and hearingwhat you are
          doing,
          > > esp
          > > > if it is primary tefl- i heard there are only four people so
          i am
          > > > hoping ot talk to the other three. WHat is you biggest thing
          going
          > > > on now?
          > > >
          > > > rejoyce- also k13
          > > >
          > > > -- In PeaceCorpsEEandCA@yahoogroups.com, "juliesince78"