Re: We've cleared medical!!!

  • austingrrrl
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 5, 2005
      So...pray tell - what is the Central Asia option? My husband and I
      are also nominated for TEFL in CA and were cleared for medical two
      weeks ago. Our PO told us we'd probably hear from her in 1-3 weeks so
      we're hoping for some news in the next couple of weeks. I thought
      that both Turkmenistan and Kyrgyzstan were possibilities - am I wrong?

      --- In PeaceCorpsEEandCA@yahoogroups.com, meggan thompson
      <megg9821@y...> wrote:
      > Congrats Trent!
      >
      > 6 weeks is very short! (I was cleared in less than 2 weeks - however
      i wound up waiting nearly 4 months for my invite - staging was set for
      June, so that was normal.)

      > With TEFL leaving in September you pretty much have 3 options, if
      your nom is central asia/eastern europe. If it is ONLY Central asia
      you have one option if it is only EE, you have.. yup two.

      > Where would you guys like to go? Or are you up for anything?
      >
      > Have you checked out the Unofficial Directory? It's fun...
      >
      > Good luck!
      >
      > meggan
      >

      > Trent <studiomilam@y...> wrote:
      > It only took 6 weeks for us to clear medical! Is this a record?
      >
      > Right now we are scheduled to leave in Sept. What that entails I
      > have no idea! Do we leave in Sept? Or do we go to staging in late
      > August? Not a clue.
      >
      > I will be teaching English in Secondary Education and my wife will
      > be teaching Secondary Education Teachers.
      >

      > --- In PeaceCorpsEEandCA@yahoogroups.com, meggan thompson
      > <megg9821@y...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Congrats!!!!!! The biggest hurdle imho.
      > >

      > > When are you supposed to head out? What program areas?
      > >

      > > ~ meggan
      > >

      > > Trent <studiomilam@y...> wrote:Yea!!! All the lil red checkmarks
      > are gone! Now we wait for invite. <:O
      > >

      > > Yahoo! Groups Links
      > >

      > > "Mankind must put an end to war or war will put an end to mankind."
      > > John F. Kennedy, Speech to UN General Assembly, Sept. 25, 1961

      > "Mankind must put an end to war or war will put an end to mankind."
      > John F. Kennedy, Speech to UN General Assembly, Sept. 25, 1961
      >

      > ---------------------------------
      > Discover Yahoo!
      > Stay in touch with email, IM, photo sharing & more. Check it out!
    • meggan thompson
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 5, 2005
        It is always possible that the Unofficial Program directory needs to be updated!  If you do wind up going to Turkmenistan and Kyrgyzstan you should e-mail dagny8t@... with the updated information.

        meggan

        <megg9821@y...> wrote:
        > Congrats Trent!

        > 6 weeks is very short! (I was cleared in less than 2 weeks - however
        i wound up waiting nearly 4 months for my invite - staging was set for
        June, so that was normal.)

        > With TEFL leaving in September you pretty much have 3 options, if
        your nom is central asia/eastern europe.  If it is ONLY Central asia
        you have one option if it is only EE, you have.. yup two.

        > Where would you guys like to go? Or are you up for anything?

        > Have you checked out the Unofficial Directory? It's fun...

        > Good luck!

        > meggan

        > Trent <studiomilam@y...> wrote:
        > It only took 6 weeks for us to clear medical! Is this a record?
        >
        > Right now we are scheduled to leave in Sept. What that entails I
        > have no idea! Do we leave in Sept? Or do we go to staging in late
        > August? Not a clue.
        >
        > I will be teaching English in Secondary Education and my wife will
        > be teaching Secondary Education Teachers.
        >

        > --- In PeaceCorpsEEandCA@yahoogroups.com, meggan thompson
        > <megg9821@y...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Congrats!!!!!! The biggest hurdle imho.
        > >

        > > When are you supposed to head out?  What program areas?
        > >

        > > ~ meggan
        > >

        > > Trent <studiomilam@y...> wrote:Yea!!! All the lil red checkmarks
        > are gone! Now we wait for invite. <:O
        > >

        > > Yahoo! Groups Links
        > >

        > > "Mankind must put an end to war or war will put an end to mankind."
        > > John F. Kennedy, Speech to UN General Assembly, Sept. 25, 1961

        > "Mankind must put an end to war or war will put an end to mankind."
        > John F. Kennedy, Speech to UN General Assembly, Sept. 25, 1961

        > ---------------------------------
        > Discover Yahoo!
        >  Stay in touch with email, IM, photo sharing & more. Check it out!

        "Mankind must put an end to war or war will put an end to mankind."
        John F. Kennedy, Speech to UN General Assembly, Sept. 25, 1961

        http://mail.yahoo.com

      • moriah_moore
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 6, 2005
          Congrats, Trent!

          --- In PeaceCorpsEEandCA@yahoogroups.com, "Trent" <studiomilam@y...>
          wrote:
          > Yea!!! All the lil red checkmarks are gone! Now we wait for invite.
          <:O
        • Melody Jones
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 6, 2005
            Congrats Trent!  I'm so excited for you.  When is your nomination for?

            Melody
            Bulgaria

            --
            Service is the rent we pay for the privilege of living on this earth.  Shirley Chisholm
            http://harm1020.livejournal.com