439Re: [PeaceCorpsEEandCA] Kyrgyz Republic Health Promotion Project staging 7/5/07

  • Melody Jones
    May 11, 2007
      I could be wrong on this, but I'm nearly certain that a lot of people there speak russian at least as a second langauge if not a first.  The russian alphabet is pretty easy to learn.  You know need someone to tell you what the letters sound like and then makes some flashcards and memorize them.  Once you do, you'll be able to read in cyrillic language countries.  Every country does have a few extra letters here or there, but I say if you have time, learn it.  It can only be useful.

      Melody
      Bulgaria

      On 5/11/07, soneroner21 <soneroner21@...> wrote:

      Hi
      I just accepted a PC invitation for Kyrgyz Republic Health promotion
      Project. Im pretty excited about the whole thing. I was wondering if
      there is anyone out their currently in the country or leaving soon
      that could offer some advise in some questions I have. So far I have
      not been able to find any Kyrgyzi language books. I dont leave for a
      couple months and I was wondering if it is even worth trying to learn
      elementary Russian (at least the alphabet)? I assume they are
      similar.
      Thanks

      --
      Service is the rent we pay for the privilege of living on this earth.  Shirley Chisholm

      Address:
      Mihail Delev
      (for Melody Jones)
      Georgi Dimitrov Str. block 65