327RE: [PeaceCorpsEEandCA] Luggage/Backpacks

  • Allan Henderson
    Mar 2, 2006
      You are allowed two bags to check in and one carry-on, but definitely think
      mobility. I can only speak from my experience here in Romania, but for the
      first few days we were constantly on the move and it becomes challenging to
      constantly lug heavy bags around. In addition, we do a lot of train
      traveling through-out the country and the storage on the trains is not
      conducive to large duffel bags. My advice would be:
      � Mobility} rolling suitcases/duffels
      � Think} about the kind of trips you will be taking in country and have
      appropriate luggage to fit those needs, variety of sizes
      � Large rolling duffel, large backpack, smaller backpack

      Hope this helps.

      Allan Henderson
      CED Volunteer
      Group 20