230Re: [PeaceCorpsEEandCA] Re:Avian Flu...

  • meggan thompson
    Nov 1, 2005

      Ukraine is on the migration route from Asia to Europe , scientist figure it is only a matter of time until Ukraine reports a case.

      Fortunately there are still no cases of human/human contact.  The people who got sick in Thailand , etc directly handled and in some cases ate infected birds, which is why it was passed on to them.

      I think I read in a memo, can’t remember now, that the PC is giving all of us flu shots this year is that we would have a higher survival rate is we were immunized against the regular flu…

      When is flu season over?  Hopefully this will have all been hype.

      Though most major viruses spread from animal to human… So I suppose it is only a matter of time.

      meggan

      Virginia <vjpulver@...> wrote:

      The PCMO in Ukraine made an actual house call to administer the avian
      flu vaccine to my spouse and another volunteer in our community. He
      flew from Kiev to Siferopol, Crimea and gave shots to a large group
      there and then took the bus (4-plus hours EACH way) to give those two
      on the eastern tip of the peninsula their shots. That is soooome
      urgency I would say!

      Ginny
      On the Eastern Tip of Crimea
      www.pulverpages.com

      At 01:01 PM 10/28/2005, you wrote:

      > Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 15:19:48 -0500
      > From: Melody Jones
      >Subject: Re: Romania si gripa aviara
      >
      >I also am curious about what the PCMO's are saying. Not only in Romania, but
      >in all of the region. In Bulgaria, they havent said anything which I find to
      >be odd b/c all of our neighbors have avian flu except one.
      >
      >Melody
      >Bulgaria

      Help save the life of a child. Support St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.
      http://us.click.yahoo.com/ons1pC/lbOLAA/E2hLAA/q20olB/TM

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      "Mankind must put an end to war or war will put an end to mankind."
      John F. Kennedy, Speech to UN General Assembly, Sept. 25, 1961