RE: [Paydirt] Online Paydirt, Bowlbound

  • Matt Floray
    Message 1 of 19 , Apr 1 3:01 PM

      I apologize in advance if this email is too big!

      Here are numerous screen shots from the game that I already have programmed.  They show most of the stuff you will see while playing a game.  This is the Bowlbound version, but the Paydirt version looks the same.

      At the end is a partial play-by-play of a game and a complete list of the stats for both teams at the very end.  The program generates all this for you.  In addition, it also allows you to play against the cpu.

      The play-by-play shown at the end is not from the same game as the screen shots, so that’s why the stats are way off.  The play-by-play below was from a game with 2 minute quarters, so the totals are very low.

      You can turn the yardage factors on/off, play at a neutral site, hide you play selection from your opponent, set the length of the quarters, set the base level, etc.  All plays are included.

      It’s not perfect in any way, and still has the occasional bug, but I am working on it.  I think it could be played via the net, using netmeeting or something similar.  Bart sent me instructions on how to play it via the net, if I can still find them.

      Take a look and let me know what you think.

      Matt

      AUB’57MICH’85.DAT

      HOME: aub57 VISITOR: mi85

      YFC 100.0

      KO:  AUB '57

      Ball At: 35

      Kickoff: 25  OFF 5

               20  47

      KickRet: 23  9

      Ball At: 30null

      Penalty Accepted

      Kickoff: 23  64

      KickRet: 36  25

      POSS: MICH '85

      Ball At: 31

      OFF:  7  25  QR

               38  6

      DEF:  2  -5

      PLAY RES: 1

      Ball At: 32

      OFF:  7  36  INC

      DEF:  1  0

      PLAY RES: 0

      Ball At: 32

      OFF:  7  23  QR

               24  7

      DEF:  1  0

      PLAY RES: 7

      Ball At: 32

      << I chopped the bulk of the pbp here >>

      ---

        PLAY RES: 11

      Ball At: 39    25  INT 24

               14  INT 14

      DEF:  3  INT T1

      Int Ret: 35  OFF R

               13  OFF 5

               35  OFF R

               35  OFF 10

               36  6

      END OF GAME

      HOME: 0

      VIS: 3

      ---

                   AUB '57

      First Downs,       2

      Rush Attempts,     7

      Rush Yards,        7

      Pass Attempts,     3

      Pass Complete,     2

      Pass Int,          1

      Pass Yards,        7

      QB Run Attempts,   2

      QB Run Yards,      27

      Sacked,            1

      Sacked Yards,      -4

      Field Goal Attempt,0

      Field Goal Good,   0

      Field Goal NG,     0

      Field Goal Blocked,0

      Opp. Blocked FG,   0

      Punts,             1

      Punt Yards,        48

      Blocked Punt,      0

      Opp. Blocked Punt, 0

      Punt Ret Yards,    0

      Int Ret Yards,     0

      Fumbles,           0

      Fumbles Lost,      0

      Penalties,         5

      Penalty Yards,     56

      Line Plunge,       1-4

      Counter,           3-8

      End Reverse,       3--5

      Draw,              0-0

      Option,            2-7

      Screen,            0-0

      Sprint Out,        2-27

      Boot Leg,          0-0

      Drop Back,         2--4

      Time Possession,   3:10

      Kick Off Yards,    64

      Kick Ret Yards,    20

      ---

                   MICH '85

      First Downs,       4

      Rush Attempts,     6

      Rush Yards,        11

      Pass Attempts,     10

      Pass Complete,     4

      Pass Int,          1

      Pass Yards,        57

      QB Run Attempts,   1

      QB Run Yards,      1

      Sacked,            0

      Sacked Yards,      0

      Field Goal Attempt,2

      Field Goal Good,   1

      Field Goal NG,     1

      Field Goal Blocked,0

      Opp. Blocked FG,   0

      Punts,             0

      Punt Yards,        0

      Blocked Punt,      0

      Opp. Blocked Punt, 0

      Punt Ret Yards,    33

      Int Ret Yards,     0

      Fumbles,           1

      Fumbles Lost,      0

      Penalties,         2

      Penalty Yards,     25

      Line Plunge,       6-11

      Counter,           0-0

      End Reverse,       0-0

      Draw,              0-0

      Option,            3-43

      Screen,            0-0

      Sprint Out,        4-1

      Boot Leg,          2-14

      Drop Back,         2-0

      Time Possession,   4:20

      Kick Off Yards,    65

      Kick Ret Yards,    25

      Field Goal,        56, No Good

      Field Goal,        32, Good

    • Darrin Hunter
      Message 2 of 19 , Apr 1 8:07 PM
        I don,t think this will work does not look flexable enough
        We need to keep things more simple
        I have made a football game tracker (it works real nice)it might not
        take much to get it up and running on the net if the cost is to high
        I won,t be able to do it if the cost is little high I should be able
        to get up and running in next few months.
        I feel i have payed the bulk of the cost already maybe I am wrong

        --- In Paydirt@yahoogroups.com, "Darrin Hunter" <hunte0062000@y...>
        wrote:
        > I need to know how many people would be interested in online play
        if I
        > could get a program writing and rent a server. We could play
        online,
        > make leagues. A small fee of 3-5$ month would be required to cover
        > cost. If I get a good raise of hands I will look into this.
        >
        > Please leave message if interested on this board or @
        > hunte0062000@y...
      • Kevin Meskew
        Message 3 of 19 , Apr 1 8:50 PM
          Hey Darrin, are you a serious weightlifter, or one who just works out to
          stay in shape??

          Kevin

          Message 4 of 19 , Apr 1 9:10 PM
            Ok, just thought I would offer to help. Best of luck to you!

            Matt

            wrote:
            > I need to know how many people would be interested in online play
            if I
            > could get a program writing and rent a server. We could play
            online,
            > make leagues. A small fee of 3-5$ month would be required to cover
            > cost. If I get a good raise of hands I will look into this.
            >
            > Please leave message if interested on this board or @
            > hunte0062000@y...

            Yahoo! Groups Links
          • Darrin Hunter
            Message 5 of 19 , Apr 1 9:20 PM
              -I work out to stay in shape but i have been lifting for 15 years
              have not tried to make gains the last few years because of to many
              injuries (knees,feet)and i have small kids, so i don,t sleep enough.
              My weight is 165lbs i can bench about 290lbs squat 350-400 deadlift
              450-500 i would never try max on deadlift or squat at my age (back
              injuries suck).

            • Darrin Hunter
              Message 6 of 19 , Apr 1 9:31 PM
                -your program looks real nice for quick, solitiare play.

                if you need to know how to fix the field goals email me off group and
                i will tell you how.

                -- In Paydirt@yahoogroups.com, "Matt Floray" <butchcassidy@e...> wrote:
                > Ok, just thought I would offer to help. Best of luck to you!
                >
                > Matt

              • Kevin Meskew
                Message 7 of 19 , Apr 1 10:52 PM
                  that's not bad lifting for a middleweight; heck, with some SERIOUS training
                  as well as wraps, suit, shirt, and power belt, you'd see 500-350-550 or
                  6...1400 total @ 165 would be impressive, but I do understand about
                  priorities and injuries (prevention anyway), rest and recovery, and such.
                  By the way, at 38 you're still a young man!

                  I direct the powerlifting contests at Venice Beach and it's good to see
                  someone else on this gaming forum involved in (or familiar with) the
                  powerlifts.

                  My best lifts are 314-192-424 @ 114 and 352-225-446 @ 123

                  I'm currently working on a Powerlifting dice game, one version using
                  real-life strength athletes, and the other version a generic one.

                  > -I work out to stay in shape but i have been lifting for 15 years
                  > have not tried to make gains the last few years because of to many
                  > injuries (knees,feet)and i have small kids, so i don,t sleep enough.
                  > My weight is 165lbs i can bench about 290lbs squat 350-400 deadlift
                  > 450-500 i would never try max on deadlift or squat at my age (back
                  > injuries suck).
                  >

                  > -- In Paydirt@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin Meskew" <warrior01@e...> wrote:
                  > > Hey Darrin, are you a serious weightlifter, or one who just works out to
                  > > stay in shape??
                  > >
                  > > Kevin

                • bldvl00
                  Message 8 of 19 , Apr 2 4:27 PM