Re: [Paydirt] Ditka

  • Bernard Brinker
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 30, 2009
      As a last gasp I will make an appeal to authority.  Was looking for a specific quote from Bill Walsh, I could not find it, but I did find Walsh's criticism of "coaches who are quite prominent early in their careers, only to disappear when they should be at their best.  These are the coaches who depended so much on rhetoric...instead of developing their knowledge, expertise, and skills."

      This seems to me aimed specifically at the Ditka's of the football world rather than the Parcells, because in addition to being a great motivator Parcells (like Lombardi) was also a great teacher possessing a wealth of knowledge and skills.

      Bernard