FW: IGNORANT ANALYSIS OF BOWLBOUND CHARTS.

  • Joe Schmitt
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 1, 2008
      PLEASE FORWARD THIS TO THE BOWL BOUND SITE. I AM NOT A MEMBER SO I HAVE NO ACCESS. THANKS.

      When researching a bowl bound charts it is important to have an unbiased researcher. An honest and sincere researcher. When playing bowlbound you are not playing against a blank sheet of paper. Your offensive statistics and results will be greatly altered by the defensive chart. The idea that a person would attempt to make a statistical evaluation of a chart based solely on the chart of the offense only is rididculous and shows a limited understanding of the mathmatical science involved in creating a chart. A great team such as 1979 ALABAMA or 2001 MIAMI played games against very week defenses that would frequently give the offense pass completions in parenthesis and add yards to rushing attempts. Thus increasing the number of passes completed and attempted and yards gained rushing. It also increased the number of yards gained rushing.  The recent attempt by a certain individual to insult my bowl bound charts is like a 6 year old child arguing with his math teacher about how to do a math equation. If the fellow had questions, he should have contacted me so i could explain the math science used to create the charts.  NOTE: IN 1996 FLORIDA STATE BEAT FLORIDA 24 - 21 IN THE LAST GAME OF THE SEASON THEN LOST TO FLORIDA IN THE BOWL GAME A FEW WEEKS LATER 52-21. In football anything can happen. Bad breaks, an injury to a key player, bad coaching and poor play calling all ill cause variable results to a game.  SEE YA :)  :)    :)
    • Joe Schmitt
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 1, 2008

      • sundancekid63@sbcglobal.net
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 1, 2008
          Your statistics and analysis are as poor as your grammar.

          Matt

[...]

        • Bernard Brinker
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 1, 2008
            Your calling Matt IGNORANT is rich with irony; it says nothing about Matt and speaks volumes about yourself.

            Bernard

            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 2, 2008
              Hi

              Matt has access to Dr. Nicely's original formulas.  so no matter how you feel about him if he is using that as his his basis it's pretty hard to dispute what he says.  Of course, he is using his interpretations of those formulas.

              The problem is everyone has their own sets of formulas, metrics, and design standards for charts.  Therefore there are many differnet kinds of charts- some are very goods and some are not.

              I've always advocated everyone come to some consensus- along the lines of Teams set II- and make charts that are similar and can be played against each other.

              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 2, 2008
                Thank you, Bernard & Travis.  The facts speak for themselves in this case.

                Matt