Re: Best Hands Ever

  • werderwayne
    Message 1 of 20 , Dec 1, 2007
      --- In Paydirt@yahoogroups.com, "jffryadam" <jffryadam@...> wrote:

      > No that was Lance Rentzel.

      No. It was Lance Alworth.

      -WW
    • Darrin Hunter
      Message 2 of 20 , Oct 3, 2011
        Just watched a show on best hands ever on NFL network

        1. Cris Carter
        2. Ray Berry
        3. Steve Largent
        4. Larry Fitzgerald

        --- In Paydirt@yahoogroups.com, "Darrin Hunter" <hunte0062000@...> wrote:

        > OK best hand ever chris Carter since he could catch it with only one
        > hand..
        >

        > --- In Paydirt@yahoogroups.com, Joe Blade <dadochipper@> wrote:
        > >
        > > beg to differ....Steve Largent best hands ever
        > >
        > > Darrin Hunter <hunte0062000@> wrote: That is Owens
        > weakness he has hands of stone and he is not a team
        > > player. Moss has great hands but he is afraid to go over the middle
        > > and he is not a team player.
        > >
        > > Best hands ever Chris Carter
        > >
        > > I have not seen the game yet, but will get the dvd tonight and go
        > over it.
        > >
        > > --- In Paydirt@yahoogroups.com, "werderwayne" <ismith@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Romo throws a perfect strike to T.O. in the endzone. T.O. not only
        > > > drops the ball, he drops it UP so that the Packers pick it off. T.O.
        > > > deserves to have a TD taken away from his stats and should have a
        > > > fumble added, along with Romo not being credited with an INT. Oh
        > > > well, I can dream. I think that that T.O. drop is one of the worst
        > > > plays I've ever seen. He took a TD and turned it into a turnover.
        > > > HEY! Maybe that's what T.O. stands for. I once saw a guy spike the
        > > > ball before he got into the endzone...that was actually way worse.
        > > >
        > > > Actually, he went 7-156, 1 TD...which is really good. Now subtract a
        > > > TD and take away a catch and say 60 yards (for the TO) and you still
        > > > have a good game.
        > > >
        > > > -WW
        > > >

        > > ---------------------------------

      • JOEBOD
        Message 3 of 20 , Oct 4, 2011
          Danny Abramowicz??? How else could this slow-foot last long enough to hold the record (at the time) for 105 games straight with a pass catch?!?!?!

          JoeBod

          --- In Paydirt@yahoogroups.com, "Darrin Hunter" <hunte0062000@...> wrote:

          > Just watched a show on best hands ever on NFL network
          >
          > 1. Cris Carter
          > 2. Ray Berry
          > 3. Steve Largent
          > 4. Larry Fitzgerald
          >

          > --- In Paydirt@yahoogroups.com, "Darrin Hunter" <hunte0062000@> wrote:
          > >
          > > OK best hand ever chris Carter since he could catch it with only one
          > > hand..
          > >

          > > --- In Paydirt@yahoogroups.com, Joe Blade <dadochipper@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > beg to differ....Steve Largent best hands ever
          > > >
          > > > Darrin Hunter <hunte0062000@> wrote: That is Owens
          > > weakness he has hands of stone and he is not a team
          > > > player. Moss has great hands but he is afraid to go over the middle
          > > > and he is not a team player.
          > > >
          > > > Best hands ever Chris Carter
          > > >
          > > > I have not seen the game yet, but will get the dvd tonight and go
          > > over it.

          > > > ---------------------------------
          > > > Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

        • jballgameca
          Message 4 of 20 , Oct 5, 2011
            No, it was Lance Rentzel. He discusses his two flashing incidents, one in Minnesota and one in Dallas, in his autobiography "When All the Laughter Died in Sorrow".

            --- In Paydirt@yahoogroups.com, "werderwayne" <ismith@...> wrote:

            > --- In Paydirt@yahoogroups.com, "jffryadam" <jffryadam@> wrote:
            > >
            > > No that was Lance Rentzel.
            > >

            > No. It was Lance Alworth.
            >
            > -WW

          • jballgameca
            Message 5 of 20 , Oct 5, 2011
              Abramowicz wasn't fast but he was quick, ran terrific routes and never dropped a ball. He caught 73 balls in 1969 to lead the NFL.

              --- In Paydirt@yahoogroups.com, "JOEBOD" <joebod@...> wrote:

              > Danny Abramowicz??? How else could this slow-foot last long enough to hold the record (at the time) for 105 games straight with a pass catch?!?!?!
              >
              > JoeBod

            • Josph C
              Message 6 of 20 , Oct 6, 2011
                --- In Paydirt@yahoogroups.com, Joe Clark <joe3l1rk@...> wrote:
                > How about that "speedster" from Lombardi's Packers Boyd Dowler?
                >
                > Or from the Eagles of the 40's and 50's Pete Phios?
                > And how about Mike Ditka?

                --- In Paydirt@yahoogroups.com, "JOEBOD" <joebod@...> wrote:

                > Danny Abramowicz??? How else could this slow-foot last long enough to hold the record (at the time) for 105 games straight with a pass catch?!?!?!
                >
                > JoeBod
                >
                > --- In Paydirt@yahoogroups.com, "Darrin Hunter" <hunte0062000@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Just watched a show on best hands ever on NFL network
                > >
                > > 1. Cris Carter
                > > 2. Ray Berry
                > > 3. Steve Largent
                > > 4. Larry Fitzgerald
                > >

                > > --- In Paydirt@yahoogroups.com, "Darrin Hunter" <hunte0062000@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > OK best hand ever chris Carter since he could catch it with only one
                > > > hand..

                > > > weakness he has hands of stone and he is not a team

                > > > over it.

              • WerderWayne
                Message 7 of 20 , Oct 9, 2011
                  You're right...I was wrong. BTW...when did I write that? Must have been years ago. I remember finding out it was Rentzel a few years ago.

                  -WW

                  --- In Paydirt@yahoogroups.com, "jballgameca" <j.r.horn1@...> wrote:

                  > No, it was Lance Rentzel. He discusses his two flashing incidents, one in Minnesota and one in Dallas, in his autobiography "When All the Laughter Died in Sorrow".
                  >
                  > --- In Paydirt@yahoogroups.com, "werderwayne" <ismith@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > --- In Paydirt@yahoogroups.com, "jffryadam" <jffryadam@> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > No that was Lance Rentzel.
                  > > >

                  > > No. It was Lance Alworth.
                  > >
                  > > -WW

                • classicpaydirt
                  Message 8 of 20 , Nov 8, 2011
                    Did they rate the best tight end, runningback etc....?