2007 NE vs IND Preview!

  • Ron Pisarz, Jr.
    Message 1 of 28 , Nov 2, 2007
      Here is a free preview of the '07 Colts and Patriots charts just in time for Sunday's game!
      http://www.datadrivenfootball.com/downloads/07preview.zip

      Post your results!
      The Colts pass defense is stingy!  Hopefully the game will live up to the hype.
      Keep in mind certain chart plays have limited statistical base of data and may appear a bit strange.

      Ron
    • David Fado
      Message 2 of 28 , Nov 2, 2007
        Hi Ron

        I just picked up the game along with four seasons.  The seasons I want are

        1992
        1988
        1980
        1970

        Thanks!

        David Fado

        "Ron Pisarz, Jr." <RPisarzjr@...> wrote:
        Here is a free preview of the '07 Colts and Patriots charts just in time for Sunday's game!
        http://www.datadriv enfootball. com/downloads/ 07preview. zip

        Post your results!
        The Colts pass defense is stingy!  Hopefully the game will live up to the hype.
        Keep in mind certain chart plays have limited statistical base of data and may appear a bit strange.

        Ron

      • werderwayne
        Message 3 of 28 , Nov 2, 2007
          Hi Ron,

          Have you simulated any games with these two charts? Who won the most?

          -WW

          --- In Paydirt@yahoogroups.com, "Ron Pisarz, Jr." <RPisarzjr@...>
          wrote:

          > Here is a free preview of the '07 Colts and Patriots charts just in
          time
          > for Sunday's game!
          > http://www.datadrivenfootball.com/downloads/07preview.zip
          > <http://www.datadrivenfootball.com/downloads/07preview.zip>
          >
          > Post your results!
          > The Colts pass defense is stingy! Hopefully the game will live up to
          > the hype.
          > Keep in mind certain chart plays have limited statistical base of
          data
          > and may appear a bit strange.
          >
          > Ron

        • bart baker
          Message 4 of 28 , Nov 2, 2007
            Very nice Ron,is there a way to put them into the game and play or are they just preview charts?  Thanks also for the game log,i'll try to hold onto the ball next time-lol.

            "Ron Pisarz, Jr." <RPisarzjr@...> wrote:
            Here is a free preview of the '07 Colts and Patriots charts just in time for Sunday's game!
            http://www.datadriv enfootball. com/downloads/ 07preview. zip

            Post your results!
            The Colts pass defense is stingy!  Hopefully the game will live up to the hype.
            Keep in mind certain chart plays have limited statistical base of data and may appear a bit strange.

            Ron

            http://mail.yahoo.com

          • Ron Pisarz, Jr.
            Message 5 of 28 , Nov 2, 2007
              Hi Bart,

              I have them loaded on the PC platform... I may be able to create a "demo" import of the files if there is enough interest.

              Ron

              Message 6 of 28 , Nov 2, 2007
                Ron,

                I just had some more time to review your defensive charts on the Colts and Pats. They look so nice and I love that "classic" look to them. You have done a great job in its creation and with the evolvement of the game. I can get a good "feel" from looking at them in regard to the defensive strengths and weaknesses. I would suggest that you get some feedback from others that have purchased your game over the past year and see what others think as well. I would be curious if others would also prefer the classic look as well. Did you do any other charts for any other teams? I just know that the niners are a statistical disaster and would venture to say that they would be one of the worst teams along with the rams. I wonder how bad those charts would look. In any case, great job with the charts. It could not be as good as they are if you did not have the passion and energy in the fun it must be to create them.

                Also, great game today. Looking forward to playing next week.

                Scott

              • Roger Antonini
                Message 7 of 28 , Nov 2, 2007

                  Message 8 of 28 , Nov 6, 2007
                    Ron, I played 3 games with your charts over the weekend.

                    Game 1 was won by the Pats 42-35 in a real shoot out! Neither defense
                    could stop the other team and in true fashion, the team that had the
                    ball last won. Both team racked up 400+ yards (I think the shortest
                    gain was 2 yards). The Colts had 1 offensive penalty (which was the
                    only time they had to move the ball back). The key to the game was when
                    the Colts ran out of time at the end of the 2nd quarter and didn't
                    score. Both teams had 4 80 yard + drives, and the Pats ended up 18/20
                    in passing and the Colts were 27/32.

                    Game 2 looked like I used totally different charts. The Pats destoyed
                    the Colts 52-10. I knew things were going to be different when the Pats
                    first play from scrimmage resulted in a 20 roll on the long pass for the
                    TD. The Colts first 6 plays from scrimmage resulted in a -6 yard end
                    run, 2 incompletes, an Off5 on the punt, then a 31 yd punt which the
                    Pats ran back 29 yds. First play from scrimmage, the Pats roll a 32 on
                    the end run and boom, a 49 yd gain (they only needed 11 yds). Next
                    series, from the Colts 20, Colts gain 9 yds on a short pass, then a draw
                    play, for -1 (the only loss on the chart). So at 3rd and 2 a short pass
                    is called and the Pats roll a 5 with their A defense, INT and run the
                    ball back for a TD! It's 21-0 and only 6 minutes have been played.

                    The Pats defense reverted to rotating A, D, E the rest of the game and
                    they just kept scoring. Their 3 pointer came with 10 seconds left in
                    the half, the rest of the TDS were spread out throughout the game. The
                    Colts had 2 long drives stopped by penalties (I think they rolled 13 3
                    times when using the medium pass).

                    So game 3 comes down to getting the Colts back some of their pride. The
                    Pats receive the kick and actually don't score. After the punt, the
                    Colts drive down using 6 minutes of the clock and score (their first
                    lead in the series). The Pats drive back down the field when on a first
                    and ten from the Colts 32, the Pats get sacked (Colts A Defense rolls a
                    4 against the long pass), the results are a F-6 and the Colts recover.
                    They drive back down the field and score another TD. They go for the 2
                    pt conversion and get it. By half time the Pats come back and get 2 TDs
                    so it's 15-14. The Colts get the kick off and drive 80 yards using 8:45
                    minutes converting 4 third downs tries and lead 22-14. The Pats come
                    back and get it to 22-21 at the end of the 3rd quarter. The Colts get
                    stopped and had to punt. With the Pats on their own 18 yd line they
                    throw 3 incompletes in row (I think the first time in all 3 games this
                    happened). So they punt and the Colts move down the filed and score
                    another TD (and grind out another 6 minutes off the clock). So it's
                    29-21 with 4 minutes to go. The Pats score another quick strike and go
                    for the 2 point conversion -and don't make it. Colts lead 29-27 and use
                    up the rest of the time to win the last game.

                    All in all a pretty good week end. The Pats look pretty tough with
                    these charts.

                    --- In Paydirt@yahoogroups.com, "Ron Pisarz, Jr." <RPisarzjr@...> wrote:

                    > Here is a free preview of the '07 Colts and Patriots charts just in
                    time
                    > for Sunday's game!
                    > http://www.datadrivenfootball.com/downloads/07preview.zip
                    > <http://www.datadrivenfootball.com/downloads/07preview.zip>
                    >
                    > Post your results!
                    > The Colts pass defense is stingy! Hopefully the game will live up to
                    > the hype.
                    > Keep in mind certain chart plays have limited statistical base of data
                    > and may appear a bit strange.
                    >
                    > Ron

                  • kent conlan
                    Message 9 of 28 , Nov 6, 2007
                      Did you play Solitare???...if so, what chart did you use???...I take it you would call the Offensive Play...

                      Please advise

                    • John
                      Message 10 of 28 , Nov 6, 2007
                        I played the Colts against my brother.  We do not keep game stats.  NE won by 14.  The score was (approx) 49-35.  On defense I kept rolling threes in a vain attempt to stop NE's medium passes.  My brther barely ranthe ball while i used some draw plays with success.  We plan on switching sides later this week.

                        http://mail.yahoo.com

                      • Ron Pisarz, Jr.
                        Message 11 of 28 , Nov 6, 2007
                          Thanks for posting results!

                          Based on the simulations and head to head games I've played the two teams
                          are more closely matched than you might think. IND can exploit NE's rush
                          defense, and if IND's pass defense can slow down Brady the game will be very
                          competitive. I probably ran 50+ simulations and it was fairly even.

                          I had the opportunity to play one head to head game, and here is the result:
                          2007 INDIANAPOLIS COLTS 33 2007 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 17

                          Team 1 2 3 4 F
                          2007 IND 3 10 7 13 33
                          2007 NE 0 7 10 0 17

                          IND NE
                          Total Net Yds 367 245
                          Total Plays 68 58
                          Avg. Gain 5.4 4.2

                          Net Yards Rushing 169 51
                          Rushes 42 17
                          Avg. Gain 4.0 3.0
                          Long 19 12
                          TDs 0 0

                          Net Yards Passing 198 194
                          Comp-Att-Int 14-25-0 24-39-1
                          Avg. Gain 7.6 4.7
                          Long 54 24
                          TDs 3 1
                          Sacked-Yards Lost 1-8 2-6

                          First Downs 18 12
                          Rushing 8 3
                          Passing 10 9
                          Penalty 0 0

                          Punts-Avg. 3-30.7 5-36.0
                          Inside 20 2 1

                          Return Yards 67 185
                          Punt Rets-Yards 3-33 0-0
                          Kick Rets-Yards 2-28 5-185
                          INT Rets - Yards 1-6 0-0
                          TDs 0 1

                          Field Goals Made-Att 4-4 1-1

                          Third Down Eff 3-13 3-13
                          Fourth Down Eff 1-2 0-2

                          Penalties-Yards 3-30 8-58
                          Fumbles-Lost 1-1 2-2
                          Time of Possession 34:50 25:10

                          SCORING SUMMARY
                          ---------------- Quarter 1 ----------------
                          03:30 IND 36 yd. attempt FG 3 - 0

                          ---------------- Quarter 2 ----------------
                          02:20 NE 7 yd. pass TD 3 - 7

                          07:30 IND 30 yd. attempt FG 6 - 7

                          13:40 IND 21 yd. pass TD 13 - 7

                          ---------------- Quarter 3 ----------------
                          01:30 IND 54 yd. pass TD 20 - 7

                          01:40 NE 99 yd. kick ret TD 20 - 14

                          09:20 NE 43 yd. attempt FG 20 - 17

                          ---------------- Quarter 4 ----------------
                          00:20 IND 8 yd. pass TD 27 - 17

                          09:30 IND 31 yd. attempt FG 30 - 17

                          13:10 IND 27 yd. attempt FG 33 - 17

                          I also simulated some games... here are three I randomly picked to share:
                          Game #1
                          2007 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 23 2007 INDIANAPOLIS COLTS 17

                          Team 1 2 3 4 OT F
                          2007 NE 0 3 7 7 6 23
                          2007 IND 3 7 0 7 0 17

                          NE IND
                          Total Net Yds 320 288
                          Total Plays 59 53
                          Avg. Gain 5.4 5.4

                          Net Yards Rushing 140 106
                          Rushes 32 23
                          Avg. Gain 4.4 4.6
                          Long 15 17
                          TDs 0 1

                          Net Yards Passing 180 182
                          Comp-Att-Int 21-26-2 19-29-0
                          Avg. Gain 6.7 6.1
                          Long 24 23
                          TDs 2 1
                          Sacked-Yards Lost 1-6 1-8

                          First Downs 23 18
                          Rushing 10 8
                          Passing 11 10
                          Penalty 2 0

                          Punts-Avg. 2-36.0 4-42.8
                          Inside 20 1 0

                          Return Yards 219 98
                          Punt Rets-Yards 3-25 1-4
                          Kick Rets-Yards 5-194 4-77
                          INT Rets - Yards 0-0 2-17
                          TDs 1 0

                          Field Goals Made-Att 1-1 1-1

                          Third Down Eff 4-7 3-9
                          Fourth Down Eff 0-0 0-0

                          Penalties-Yards 4-21 3-15
                          Fumbles-Lost 2-1 0-0
                          Time of Possession 33:50 26:20

                          SCORING SUMMARY
                          ---------------- Quarter 1 ----------------
                          08:20 IND 37 yd. attempt FG 0 - 3

                          ---------------- Quarter 2 ----------------
                          03:20 IND 13 yd. pass TD 0 - 10

                          13:20 NE 38 yd. attempt FG 3 - 10

                          ---------------- Quarter 3 ----------------
                          09:50 NE 1 yd. pass TD 10 - 10

                          ---------------- Quarter 4 ----------------
                          00:50 NE 6 yd. pass TD 17 - 10

                          08:30 IND 2 yd. run TD 17 - 17

                          ---------------- Quarter OT ----------------
                          00:10 NE 104 yd. kick re TD 23 - 17

                          Game #2
                          2007 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 20 2007 INDIANAPOLIS COLTS 27

                          Team 1 2 3 4 F
                          2007 NE 3 7 0 10 20
                          2007 IND 0 10 3 14 27

                          NE IND
                          Total Net Yds 330 333
                          Total Plays 53 65
                          Avg. Gain 6.2 5.1

                          Net Yards Rushing 34 114
                          Rushes 21 31
                          Avg. Gain 1.6 3.7
                          Long 7 13
                          TDs 2 1

                          Net Yards Passing 296 219
                          Comp-Att-Int 24-32-0 21-31-1
                          Avg. Gain 9.3 6.4
                          Long 64 30
                          TDs 0 2
                          Sacked-Yards Lost 0-0 3-15

                          First Downs 16 24
                          Rushing 3 7
                          Passing 13 16
                          Penalty 0 1

                          Punts-Avg. 6-40.5 5-40.2
                          Inside 20 0 4

                          Return Yards 152 138
                          Punt Rets-Yards 2-28 1-0
                          Kick Rets-Yards 6-124 4-138
                          INT Rets - Yards 1-0 0-0
                          TDs 0 0

                          Field Goals Made-Att 2-2 2-2

                          Third Down Eff 4-12 4-12
                          Fourth Down Eff 0-0 0-0

                          Penalties-Yards 6-36 2-20
                          Fumbles-Lost 1-0 0-0
                          Time of Possession 29:10 30:50

                          SCORING SUMMARY
                          ---------------- Quarter 1 ----------------
                          06:40 NE 22 yd. attempt FG 3 - 0

                          ---------------- Quarter 2 ----------------
                          02:40 IND 10 yd. pass TD 3 - 7

                          04:10 NE 1 yd. run TD 10 - 7

                          14:50 IND 38 yd. attempt FG 10 - 10

                          ---------------- Quarter 3 ----------------
                          11:50 IND 32 yd. attempt FG 10 - 13

                          ---------------- Quarter 4 ----------------
                          00:20 NE 42 yd. attempt FG 13 - 13

                          09:40 NE 5 yd. run TD 20 - 13

                          12:40 IND 5 yd. run TD 20 - 20

                          14:30 IND 5 yd. pass TD 20 - 27

                          Game #3
                          2007 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 27 2007 INDIANAPOLIS COLTS 49

                          Team 1 2 3 4 F
                          2007 NE 7 6 7 7 27
                          2007 IND 21 7 7 14 49

                          NE IND
                          Total Net Yds 442 394
                          Total Plays 64 57
                          Avg. Gain 6.9 6.9

                          Net Yards Rushing 130 142
                          Rushes 22 32
                          Avg. Gain 5.9 4.4
                          Long 18 22
                          TDs 1 2

                          Net Yards Passing 312 252
                          Comp-Att-Int 25-40-1 17-24-0
                          Avg. Gain 7.4 10.1
                          Long 36 66
                          TDs 2 4
                          Sacked-Yards Lost 2-6 1-8

                          First Downs 22 22
                          Rushing 7 9
                          Passing 15 11
                          Penalty 0 2

                          Punts-Avg. 3-34.0 4-45.3
                          Inside 20 1 0

                          Return Yards 183 181
                          Punt Rets-Yards 1-29 0-0
                          Kick Rets-Yards 6-154 5-116
                          INT Rets - Yards 0-0 1-65
                          TDs 0 1

                          Field Goals Made-Att 2-2 0-0

                          Third Down Eff 3-10 4-8
                          Fourth Down Eff 0-1 0-0

                          Penalties-Yards 7-55 0-0
                          Fumbles-Lost 4-2 1-0
                          Time of Possession 29:40 30:20

                          SCORING SUMMARY
                          ---------------- Quarter 1 ----------------
                          04:30 IND 25 yd. pass TD 0 - 7

                          05:20 IND 22 yd. run TD 0 - 14

                          09:50 NE 7 yd. pass TD 7 - 14

                          13:20 IND 5 yd. pass TD 7 - 21

                          ---------------- Quarter 2 ----------------
                          03:40 IND 66 yd. pass TD 7 - 28

                          12:20 NE 44 yd. attempt FG 10 - 28

                          15:00 NE 43 yd. attempt FG 13 - 28

                          ---------------- Quarter 3 ----------------
                          06:10 NE 30 yd. pass TD 20 - 28

                          11:20 IND 3 yd. run TD 20 - 35

                          ---------------- Quarter 4 ----------------
                          04:40 NE 18 yd. run TD 27 - 35

                          12:40 IND 9 yd. pass TD 27 - 42

                          13:10 IND 65 yd. int ret TD 27 - 49
                        • Albus Dumbledore
                          Message 12 of 28 , Nov 6, 2007
                            I use the "Ultimate Paydirt! Solitaire System (John Houston) that can be found in the file section.  I have some modifications.  I always script the first 20 plays (ala the legendary Mr Walsh) for both teams.  Using the situation charts (field position, time on the clock and success of a certain play) let's teams exploit others weaknesses.  These 2 teams have so much offensive firepower, it would seem that whoever was luckiest would over power the other, but based on my results the Pats would win the majority of the games.  I'm toying with playing another 3 games this weekend to see if there would be any difference.

                            digger_1959 <digger_1959@ yahoo.com> wrote:

> [...]

                            29-21 with 4 minutes to go. The Pats score another quick strike and go
                            for the 2 point conversion -and don't make it. Colts lead 29-27 and use
                            up the rest of the time to win the last game.

                            All in all a pretty good week end. The Pats look pretty tough with
                            these charts.

                            --- In Paydirt@yahoogroups .com, "Ron Pisarz, Jr." <RPisarzjr@. ..> wrote:

                            > Here is a free preview of the '07 Colts and Patriots charts just in
                            time
                            > for Sunday's game!
                            > http://www.datadriv enfootball. com/downloads/ 07preview. zip
                            > <http://www.datadriv enfootball. com/downloads/ 07preview. zip>
                            >
                            > Post your results!
                            > The Colts pass defense is stingy! Hopefully the game will live up to
                            > the hype.
                            > Keep in mind certain chart plays have limited statistical base of data

                            http://mail.yahoo.com

                          • Jim
                            Message 13 of 28 , Nov 6, 2007
                              How do feel about being outed, Albus?

                              kent conlan <mrclean4456@ yahoo.com> wrote:
> [...]

                              29-21 with 4 minutes to go. The Pats score another quick strike and go
                              for the 2 point conversion -and don't make it. Colts lead 29-27 and use
                              up the rest of the time to win the last game.

                              All in all a pretty good week end. The Pats look pretty tough with
                              these charts.

                              --- In Paydirt@yahoogroups .com, "Ron Pisarz, Jr." <RPisarzjr@. ..> wrote:

                              > Here is a free preview of the '07 Colts and Patriots charts just in
                              time
                              > for Sunday's game!
                              > http://www.datadriv enfootball. com/downloads/ 07preview. zip
                              > <http://www.datadriv enfootball. com/downloads/ 07preview. zip>
                              >
                              > Post your results!
                              > The Colts pass defense is stingy! Hopefully the game will live up to
                              > the hype.
                              > Keep in mind certain chart plays have limited statistical base of data

                              Do You Yahoo!?
                              http://mail. yahoo.com

                              http://mail.yahoo.com

                            • Albus Dumbledore
                              Message 14 of 28 , Nov 6, 2007
                                I was outed before I knew I was in!

                                Albus Dumbledore <digger_1959@ yahoo.com> wrote:
> [...]

                                29-21 with 4 minutes to go. The Pats score another quick strike and go
                                for the 2 point conversion -and don't make it. Colts lead 29-27 and use
                                up the rest of the time to win the last game.

                                All in all a pretty good week end. The Pats look pretty tough with
                                these charts.

                                --- In Paydirt@yahoogroups .com, "Ron Pisarz, Jr." <RPisarzjr@. ..> wrote:

                                > Here is a free preview of the '07 Colts and Patriots charts just in
                                time
                                > for Sunday's game!
                                > http://www.datadriv enfootball. com/downloads/ 07preview. zip
                                > <http://www.datadriv enfootball. com/downloads/ 07preview. zip>
                                >
                                > Post your results!
                                > The Colts pass defense is stingy! Hopefully the game will live up to
                                > the hype.
                                > Keep in mind certain chart plays have limited statistical base of data

                                Do You Yahoo!?
                                http://mail. yahoo.com

                                Do You Yahoo!?
                                http://mail. yahoo.com

                                http://mail.yahoo.com

                              • Jim
                                Message 15 of 28 , Nov 7, 2007
                                  :)

                                  Jim <usfivejs@yahoo. com> wrote:
> [...]

                                  29-21 with 4 minutes to go. The Pats score another quick strike and go
                                  for the 2 point conversion -and don't make it. Colts lead 29-27 and use
                                  up the rest of the time to win the last game.

                                  All in all a pretty good week end. The Pats look pretty tough with
                                  these charts.

                                  --- In Paydirt@yahoogroups .com, "Ron Pisarz, Jr." <RPisarzjr@. ..> wrote:

                                  > Here is a free preview of the '07 Colts and Patriots charts just in
                                  time
                                  > for Sunday's game!
                                  > http://www.datadriv enfootball. com/downloads/ 07preview. zip
                                  > <http://www.datadriv enfootball. com/downloads/ 07preview. zip>
                                  >
                                  > Post your results!
                                  > The Colts pass defense is stingy! Hopefully the game will live up to
                                  > the hype.
                                  > Keep in mind certain chart plays have limited statistical base of data

                                  Do You Yahoo!?
                                  http://mail. yahoo.com

                                  Do You Yahoo!?
                                  http://mail. yahoo.com