Re: [Paydirt] 2007 NE vs IND Preview!

  • Quinton Roland
    Message 1 of 28 , Oct 24, 2007
      It is comforting to know my Rams still excel in some
      catatories. They lead the league in least points
      scored and are second in most points allowed.
      Averaging a 27-11 loss, I think their point
      differential is unparalleled!

      Quinton

      --- Matt Floray <sundancekid63@...> wrote:

      > Hey, the dirty birds lead the league in "dogs
      > killed", so at least you got that going for you.
      >
      > Floray
      >

      > GABACF@... wrote:
      > try being a Falcon fan.........this is
      > just another year in a cursed franchise. I have seen
      > it all over the past 30 years..........a "good"
      > season is one that has the Falcons mathematically
      > alive at Thanksgiving.
      >

      > ---------------------------------
      > See what's new at AOL.com and Make AOL Your
      > Homepage.

      This communication and any accompanying material (images, documents, etc.) is confidential and intended for the sole use of the addressee(s). If you receive this transmission in error, you are advised that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any action in reliance upon the communication is strictly prohibited; and please notify the sender immediately. Thank you.
    • Ron Pisarz, Jr.
      Message 2 of 28 , Nov 2, 2007
        Here is a free preview of the '07 Colts and Patriots charts just in time for Sunday's game!
        http://www.datadrivenfootball.com/downloads/07preview.zip

        Post your results!
        The Colts pass defense is stingy!  Hopefully the game will live up to the hype.
        Keep in mind certain chart plays have limited statistical base of data and may appear a bit strange.

        Ron
      • David Fado
        Message 3 of 28 , Nov 2, 2007
          Hi Ron

          I just picked up the game along with four seasons.  The seasons I want are

          1992
          1988
          1980
          1970

          Thanks!

          David Fado

          "Ron Pisarz, Jr." <RPisarzjr@...> wrote:
          Here is a free preview of the '07 Colts and Patriots charts just in time for Sunday's game!
          http://www.datadriv enfootball. com/downloads/ 07preview. zip

          Post your results!
          The Colts pass defense is stingy!  Hopefully the game will live up to the hype.
          Keep in mind certain chart plays have limited statistical base of data and may appear a bit strange.

          Ron

        • werderwayne
          Message 4 of 28 , Nov 2, 2007
            Hi Ron,

            Have you simulated any games with these two charts? Who won the most?

            -WW

            --- In Paydirt@yahoogroups.com, "Ron Pisarz, Jr." <RPisarzjr@...>
            wrote:

            > Here is a free preview of the '07 Colts and Patriots charts just in
            time
            > for Sunday's game!
            > http://www.datadrivenfootball.com/downloads/07preview.zip
            > <http://www.datadrivenfootball.com/downloads/07preview.zip>
            >
            > Post your results!
            > The Colts pass defense is stingy! Hopefully the game will live up to
            > the hype.
            > Keep in mind certain chart plays have limited statistical base of
            data
            > and may appear a bit strange.
            >
            > Ron

          • bart baker
            Message 5 of 28 , Nov 2, 2007
              Very nice Ron,is there a way to put them into the game and play or are they just preview charts?  Thanks also for the game log,i'll try to hold onto the ball next time-lol.

              "Ron Pisarz, Jr." <RPisarzjr@...> wrote:
              Here is a free preview of the '07 Colts and Patriots charts just in time for Sunday's game!
              http://www.datadriv enfootball. com/downloads/ 07preview. zip

              Post your results!
              The Colts pass defense is stingy!  Hopefully the game will live up to the hype.
              Keep in mind certain chart plays have limited statistical base of data and may appear a bit strange.

              Ron

              http://mail.yahoo.com

            • Ron Pisarz, Jr.
              Message 6 of 28 , Nov 2, 2007
                Hi Bart,

                I have them loaded on the PC platform... I may be able to create a "demo" import of the files if there is enough interest.

                Ron

                Message 7 of 28 , Nov 2, 2007
                  Ron,

                  I just had some more time to review your defensive charts on the Colts and Pats. They look so nice and I love that "classic" look to them. You have done a great job in its creation and with the evolvement of the game. I can get a good "feel" from looking at them in regard to the defensive strengths and weaknesses. I would suggest that you get some feedback from others that have purchased your game over the past year and see what others think as well. I would be curious if others would also prefer the classic look as well. Did you do any other charts for any other teams? I just know that the niners are a statistical disaster and would venture to say that they would be one of the worst teams along with the rams. I wonder how bad those charts would look. In any case, great job with the charts. It could not be as good as they are if you did not have the passion and energy in the fun it must be to create them.

                  Also, great game today. Looking forward to playing next week.

                  Scott

                • Roger Antonini
                  Message 8 of 28 , Nov 2, 2007

                    Message 9 of 28 , Nov 6, 2007
                      Ron, I played 3 games with your charts over the weekend.

                      Game 1 was won by the Pats 42-35 in a real shoot out! Neither defense
                      could stop the other team and in true fashion, the team that had the
                      ball last won. Both team racked up 400+ yards (I think the shortest
                      gain was 2 yards). The Colts had 1 offensive penalty (which was the
                      only time they had to move the ball back). The key to the game was when
                      the Colts ran out of time at the end of the 2nd quarter and didn't
                      score. Both teams had 4 80 yard + drives, and the Pats ended up 18/20
                      in passing and the Colts were 27/32.

                      Game 2 looked like I used totally different charts. The Pats destoyed
                      the Colts 52-10. I knew things were going to be different when the Pats
                      first play from scrimmage resulted in a 20 roll on the long pass for the
                      TD. The Colts first 6 plays from scrimmage resulted in a -6 yard end
                      run, 2 incompletes, an Off5 on the punt, then a 31 yd punt which the
                      Pats ran back 29 yds. First play from scrimmage, the Pats roll a 32 on
                      the end run and boom, a 49 yd gain (they only needed 11 yds). Next
                      series, from the Colts 20, Colts gain 9 yds on a short pass, then a draw
                      play, for -1 (the only loss on the chart). So at 3rd and 2 a short pass
                      is called and the Pats roll a 5 with their A defense, INT and run the
                      ball back for a TD! It's 21-0 and only 6 minutes have been played.

                      The Pats defense reverted to rotating A, D, E the rest of the game and
                      they just kept scoring. Their 3 pointer came with 10 seconds left in
                      the half, the rest of the TDS were spread out throughout the game. The
                      Colts had 2 long drives stopped by penalties (I think they rolled 13 3
                      times when using the medium pass).

                      So game 3 comes down to getting the Colts back some of their pride. The
                      Pats receive the kick and actually don't score. After the punt, the
                      Colts drive down using 6 minutes of the clock and score (their first
                      lead in the series). The Pats drive back down the field when on a first
                      and ten from the Colts 32, the Pats get sacked (Colts A Defense rolls a
                      4 against the long pass), the results are a F-6 and the Colts recover.
                      They drive back down the field and score another TD. They go for the 2
                      pt conversion and get it. By half time the Pats come back and get 2 TDs
                      so it's 15-14. The Colts get the kick off and drive 80 yards using 8:45
                      minutes converting 4 third downs tries and lead 22-14. The Pats come
                      back and get it to 22-21 at the end of the 3rd quarter. The Colts get
                      stopped and had to punt. With the Pats on their own 18 yd line they
                      throw 3 incompletes in row (I think the first time in all 3 games this
                      happened). So they punt and the Colts move down the filed and score
                      another TD (and grind out another 6 minutes off the clock). So it's
                      29-21 with 4 minutes to go. The Pats score another quick strike and go
                      for the 2 point conversion -and don't make it. Colts lead 29-27 and use
                      up the rest of the time to win the last game.

                      All in all a pretty good week end. The Pats look pretty tough with
                      these charts.

                      --- In Paydirt@yahoogroups.com, "Ron Pisarz, Jr." <RPisarzjr@...> wrote:

                      > Here is a free preview of the '07 Colts and Patriots charts just in
                      time
                      > for Sunday's game!
                      > http://www.datadrivenfootball.com/downloads/07preview.zip
                      > <http://www.datadrivenfootball.com/downloads/07preview.zip>
                      >
                      > Post your results!
                      > The Colts pass defense is stingy! Hopefully the game will live up to
                      > the hype.
                      > Keep in mind certain chart plays have limited statistical base of data
                      > and may appear a bit strange.
                      >
                      > Ron

                    • kent conlan
                      Message 10 of 28 , Nov 6, 2007
                        Did you play Solitare???...if so, what chart did you use???...I take it you would call the Offensive Play...

                        Please advise

                      • John
                        Message 11 of 28 , Nov 6, 2007
                          I played the Colts against my brother.  We do not keep game stats.  NE won by 14.  The score was (approx) 49-35.  On defense I kept rolling threes in a vain attempt to stop NE's medium passes.  My brther barely ranthe ball while i used some draw plays with success.  We plan on switching sides later this week.

                          http://mail.yahoo.com

                        • Ron Pisarz, Jr.
                          Message 12 of 28 , Nov 6, 2007
                            Thanks for posting results!

                            Based on the simulations and head to head games I've played the two teams
                            are more closely matched than you might think. IND can exploit NE's rush
                            defense, and if IND's pass defense can slow down Brady the game will be very
                            competitive. I probably ran 50+ simulations and it was fairly even.

                            I had the opportunity to play one head to head game, and here is the result:
                            2007 INDIANAPOLIS COLTS 33 2007 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 17

                            Team 1 2 3 4 F
                            2007 IND 3 10 7 13 33
                            2007 NE 0 7 10 0 17

                            IND NE
                            Total Net Yds 367 245
                            Total Plays 68 58
                            Avg. Gain 5.4 4.2

                            Net Yards Rushing 169 51
                            Rushes 42 17
                            Avg. Gain 4.0 3.0
                            Long 19 12
                            TDs 0 0

                            Net Yards Passing 198 194
                            Comp-Att-Int 14-25-0 24-39-1
                            Avg. Gain 7.6 4.7
                            Long 54 24
                            TDs 3 1
                            Sacked-Yards Lost 1-8 2-6

                            First Downs 18 12
                            Rushing 8 3
                            Passing 10 9
                            Penalty 0 0

                            Punts-Avg. 3-30.7 5-36.0
                            Inside 20 2 1

                            Return Yards 67 185
                            Punt Rets-Yards 3-33 0-0
                            Kick Rets-Yards 2-28 5-185
                            INT Rets - Yards 1-6 0-0
                            TDs 0 1

                            Field Goals Made-Att 4-4 1-1

                            Third Down Eff 3-13 3-13
                            Fourth Down Eff 1-2 0-2

                            Penalties-Yards 3-30 8-58
                            Fumbles-Lost 1-1 2-2
                            Time of Possession 34:50 25:10

                            SCORING SUMMARY
                            ---------------- Quarter 1 ----------------
                            03:30 IND 36 yd. attempt FG 3 - 0

                            ---------------- Quarter 2 ----------------
                            02:20 NE 7 yd. pass TD 3 - 7

                            07:30 IND 30 yd. attempt FG 6 - 7

                            13:40 IND 21 yd. pass TD 13 - 7

                            ---------------- Quarter 3 ----------------
                            01:30 IND 54 yd. pass TD 20 - 7

                            01:40 NE 99 yd. kick ret TD 20 - 14

                            09:20 NE 43 yd. attempt FG 20 - 17

                            ---------------- Quarter 4 ----------------
                            00:20 IND 8 yd. pass TD 27 - 17

                            09:30 IND 31 yd. attempt FG 30 - 17

                            13:10 IND 27 yd. attempt FG 33 - 17

                            I also simulated some games... here are three I randomly picked to share:
                            Game #1
                            2007 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 23 2007 INDIANAPOLIS COLTS 17

                            Team 1 2 3 4 OT F
                            2007 NE 0 3 7 7 6 23
                            2007 IND 3 7 0 7 0 17

                            NE IND
                            Total Net Yds 320 288
                            Total Plays 59 53
                            Avg. Gain 5.4 5.4

                            Net Yards Rushing 140 106
                            Rushes 32 23
                            Avg. Gain 4.4 4.6
                            Long 15 17
                            TDs 0 1

                            Net Yards Passing 180 182
                            Comp-Att-Int 21-26-2 19-29-0
                            Avg. Gain 6.7 6.1
                            Long 24 23
                            TDs 2 1
                            Sacked-Yards Lost 1-6 1-8

                            First Downs 23 18
                            Rushing 10 8
                            Passing 11 10
                            Penalty 2 0

                            Punts-Avg. 2-36.0 4-42.8
                            Inside 20 1 0

                            Return Yards 219 98
                            Punt Rets-Yards 3-25 1-4
                            Kick Rets-Yards 5-194 4-77
                            INT Rets - Yards 0-0 2-17
                            TDs 1 0

                            Field Goals Made-Att 1-1 1-1

                            Third Down Eff 4-7 3-9
                            Fourth Down Eff 0-0 0-0

                            Penalties-Yards 4-21 3-15
                            Fumbles-Lost 2-1 0-0
                            Time of Possession 33:50 26:20

                            SCORING SUMMARY
                            ---------------- Quarter 1 ----------------
                            08:20 IND 37 yd. attempt FG 0 - 3

                            ---------------- Quarter 2 ----------------
                            03:20 IND 13 yd. pass TD 0 - 10

                            13:20 NE 38 yd. attempt FG 3 - 10

                            ---------------- Quarter 3 ----------------
                            09:50 NE 1 yd. pass TD 10 - 10

                            ---------------- Quarter 4 ----------------
                            00:50 NE 6 yd. pass TD 17 - 10

                            08:30 IND 2 yd. run TD 17 - 17

                            ---------------- Quarter OT ----------------
                            00:10 NE 104 yd. kick re TD 23 - 17

                            Game #2
                            2007 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 20 2007 INDIANAPOLIS COLTS 27

                            Team 1 2 3 4 F
                            2007 NE 3 7 0 10 20
                            2007 IND 0 10 3 14 27

                            NE IND
                            Total Net Yds 330 333
                            Total Plays 53 65
                            Avg. Gain 6.2 5.1

                            Net Yards Rushing 34 114
                            Rushes 21 31
                            Avg. Gain 1.6 3.7
                            Long 7 13
                            TDs 2 1

                            Net Yards Passing 296 219
                            Comp-Att-Int 24-32-0 21-31-1
                            Avg. Gain 9.3 6.4
                            Long 64 30
                            TDs 0 2
                            Sacked-Yards Lost 0-0 3-15

                            First Downs 16 24
                            Rushing 3 7
                            Passing 13 16
                            Penalty 0 1

                            Punts-Avg. 6-40.5 5-40.2
                            Inside 20 0 4

                            Return Yards 152 138
                            Punt Rets-Yards 2-28 1-0
                            Kick Rets-Yards 6-124 4-138
                            INT Rets - Yards 1-0 0-0
                            TDs 0 0

                            Field Goals Made-Att 2-2 2-2

                            Third Down Eff 4-12 4-12
                            Fourth Down Eff 0-0 0-0

                            Penalties-Yards 6-36 2-20
                            Fumbles-Lost 1-0 0-0
                            Time of Possession 29:10 30:50

                            SCORING SUMMARY
                            ---------------- Quarter 1 ----------------
                            06:40 NE 22 yd. attempt FG 3 - 0

                            ---------------- Quarter 2 ----------------
                            02:40 IND 10 yd. pass TD 3 - 7

                            04:10 NE 1 yd. run TD 10 - 7

                            14:50 IND 38 yd. attempt FG 10 - 10

                            ---------------- Quarter 3 ----------------
                            11:50 IND 32 yd. attempt FG 10 - 13

                            ---------------- Quarter 4 ----------------
                            00:20 NE 42 yd. attempt FG 13 - 13

                            09:40 NE 5 yd. run TD 20 - 13

                            12:40 IND 5 yd. run TD 20 - 20

                            14:30 IND 5 yd. pass TD 20 - 27

                            Game #3
                            2007 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 27 2007 INDIANAPOLIS COLTS 49

                            Team 1 2 3 4 F
                            2007 NE 7 6 7 7 27
                            2007 IND 21 7 7 14 49

                            NE IND
                            Total Net Yds 442 394
                            Total Plays 64 57
                            Avg. Gain 6.9 6.9

                            Net Yards Rushing 130 142
                            Rushes 22 32
                            Avg. Gain 5.9 4.4
                            Long 18 22
                            TDs 1 2

                            Net Yards Passing 312 252
                            Comp-Att-Int 25-40-1 17-24-0
                            Avg. Gain 7.4 10.1
                            Long 36 66
                            TDs 2 4
                            Sacked-Yards Lost 2-6 1-8

                            First Downs 22 22
                            Rushing 7 9
                            Passing 15 11
                            Penalty 0 2

                            Punts-Avg. 3-34.0 4-45.3
                            Inside 20 1 0

                            Return Yards 183 181
                            Punt Rets-Yards 1-29 0-0
                            Kick Rets-Yards 6-154 5-116
                            INT Rets - Yards 0-0 1-65
                            TDs 0 1

                            Field Goals Made-Att 2-2 0-0

                            Third Down Eff 3-10 4-8
                            Fourth Down Eff 0-1 0-0

                            Penalties-Yards 7-55 0-0
                            Fumbles-Lost 4-2 1-0
                            Time of Possession 29:40 30:20

                            SCORING SUMMARY
                            ---------------- Quarter 1 ----------------
                            04:30 IND 25 yd. pass TD 0 - 7

                            05:20 IND 22 yd. run TD 0 - 14

                            09:50 NE 7 yd. pass TD 7 - 14

                            13:20 IND 5 yd. pass TD 7 - 21

                            ---------------- Quarter 2 ----------------
                            03:40 IND 66 yd. pass TD 7 - 28

                            12:20 NE 44 yd. attempt FG 10 - 28

                            15:00 NE 43 yd. attempt FG 13 - 28

                            ---------------- Quarter 3 ----------------
                            06:10 NE 30 yd. pass TD 20 - 28

                            11:20 IND 3 yd. run TD 20 - 35

                            ---------------- Quarter 4 ----------------
                            04:40 NE 18 yd. run TD 27 - 35

                            12:40 IND 9 yd. pass TD 27 - 42

                            13:10 IND 65 yd. int ret TD 27 - 49
                          • Albus Dumbledore
                            Message 13 of 28 , Nov 6, 2007
                              I use the "Ultimate Paydirt! Solitaire System (John Houston) that can be found in the file section.  I have some modifications.  I always script the first 20 plays (ala the legendary Mr Walsh) for both teams.  Using the situation charts (field position, time on the clock and success of a certain play) let's teams exploit others weaknesses.  These 2 teams have so much offensive firepower, it would seem that whoever was luckiest would over power the other, but based on my results the Pats would win the majority of the games.  I'm toying with playing another 3 games this weekend to see if there would be any difference.

                              digger_1959 <digger_1959@ yahoo.com> wrote:

> [...]

                              29-21 with 4 minutes to go. The Pats score another quick strike and go
                              for the 2 point conversion -and don't make it. Colts lead 29-27 and use
                              up the rest of the time to win the last game.

                              All in all a pretty good week end. The Pats look pretty tough with
                              these charts.

                              --- In Paydirt@yahoogroups .com, "Ron Pisarz, Jr." <RPisarzjr@. ..> wrote:

                              > Here is a free preview of the '07 Colts and Patriots charts just in
                              time
                              > for Sunday's game!
                              > http://www.datadriv enfootball. com/downloads/ 07preview. zip
                              > <http://www.datadriv enfootball. com/downloads/ 07preview. zip>
                              >
                              > Post your results!
                              > The Colts pass defense is stingy! Hopefully the game will live up to
                              > the hype.
                              > Keep in mind certain chart plays have limited statistical base of data

                              http://mail.yahoo.com

                            • Jim
                              Message 14 of 28 , Nov 6, 2007
                                How do feel about being outed, Albus?

                                kent conlan <mrclean4456@ yahoo.com> wrote:
> [...]

                                29-21 with 4 minutes to go. The Pats score another quick strike and go
                                for the 2 point conversion -and don't make it. Colts lead 29-27 and use
                                up the rest of the time to win the last game.

                                All in all a pretty good week end. The Pats look pretty tough with
                                these charts.

                                --- In Paydirt@yahoogroups .com, "Ron Pisarz, Jr." <RPisarzjr@. ..> wrote:

                                > Here is a free preview of the '07 Colts and Patriots charts just in
                                time
                                > for Sunday's game!
                                > http://www.datadriv enfootball. com/downloads/ 07preview. zip
                                > <http://www.datadriv enfootball. com/downloads/ 07preview. zip>
                                >
                                > Post your results!
                                > The Colts pass defense is stingy! Hopefully the game will live up to
                                > the hype.
                                > Keep in mind certain chart plays have limited statistical base of data

                                Do You Yahoo!?
                                http://mail. yahoo.com

                                http://mail.yahoo.com

                              • Albus Dumbledore
                                Message 15 of 28 , Nov 6, 2007
                                  I was outed before I knew I was in!

                                  Albus Dumbledore <digger_1959@ yahoo.com> wrote:
> [...]

                                  29-21 with 4 minutes to go. The Pats score another quick strike and go
                                  for the 2 point conversion -and don't make it. Colts lead 29-27 and use
                                  up the rest of the time to win the last game.

                                  All in all a pretty good week end. The Pats look pretty tough with
                                  these charts.

                                  --- In Paydirt@yahoogroups .com, "Ron Pisarz, Jr." <RPisarzjr@. ..> wrote:

                                  > Here is a free preview of the '07 Colts and Patriots charts just in
                                  time
                                  > for Sunday's game!
                                  > http://www.datadriv enfootball. com/downloads/ 07preview. zip
                                  > <http://www.datadriv enfootball. com/downloads/ 07preview. zip>
                                  >
                                  > Post your results!
                                  > The Colts pass defense is stingy! Hopefully the game will live up to
                                  > the hype.
                                  > Keep in mind certain chart plays have limited statistical base of data

                                  Do You Yahoo!?
                                  http://mail. yahoo.com

                                  Do You Yahoo!?
                                  http://mail. yahoo.com

                                  http://mail.yahoo.com

                                • Jim
                                  Message 16 of 28 , Nov 7, 2007
                                    :)

                                    Jim <usfivejs@yahoo. com> wrote:
> [...]

                                    29-21 with 4 minutes to go. The Pats score another quick strike and go
                                    for the 2 point conversion -and don't make it. Colts lead 29-27 and use
                                    up the rest of the time to win the last game.

                                    All in all a pretty good week end. The Pats look pretty tough with
                                    these charts.

                                    --- In Paydirt@yahoogroups .com, "Ron Pisarz, Jr." <RPisarzjr@. ..> wrote:

                                    > Here is a free preview of the '07 Colts and Patriots charts just in
                                    time
                                    > for Sunday's game!
                                    > http://www.datadriv enfootball. com/downloads/ 07preview. zip
                                    > <http://www.datadriv enfootball. com/downloads/ 07preview. zip>
                                    >
                                    > Post your results!
                                    > The Colts pass defense is stingy! Hopefully the game will live up to
                                    > the hype.
                                    > Keep in mind certain chart plays have limited statistical base of data

                                    Do You Yahoo!?
                                    http://mail. yahoo.com

                                    Do You Yahoo!?
                                    http://mail. yahoo.com