Re: questionnaire

  • Darrin Hunter
    Message 1 of 28 , Dec 1, 2005
      --- In Paydirt@yahoogroups.com, rotismlb@a... wrote:

      > Hey all,
      > Ten questions about Paydirt. If you have the time...
      share your
      > answers with the group. Skip anything you like... be as brief or
      long-winded
      > as you wish. I've included my answers at the bottom...
      >

      > 1) Name, age, location?

      DARRIN HUNTER WIFE SHERRIE, KIDS DANIELLE 13,COLTEN 7,ENGLISH
      BULLDOG,
      40 YEARS OLD BUT I THINK I AM 20,
      35 MILES NORTH OF TWIN CITIES IN A 3100 SQ FOOT WALK OUT RAMBLER,3
      ACRES WITH A POND. I CAN SHOOT DEER,DUCKS FROM MY WINDOW

      > 2) When did you first play Paydirt, how did you get your first
      charts?
      WHEN I WAS 11 MY DAD LET ME GO IN THE LIVING ROOM TO WATCH THE
      VIKINGS RAIDERS PLAY IN THE SUPER BOWL.I DO NOT KNOW IF IT WAS
      BECAUSE HE NEVER LET US GO IN THE LIVING ROOM AND WATCH THE BIG TV OR
      BECAUSE FOOTBALL IS A GREAT Game but FROM THAT POINT ON I WAS HOOKED
      ON FOOTBALL.GOT MY GAME THAT NEXT SUMMER AND HAVE BEING PLAYING EVER
      SINCE

      > 3) What charts do you now have?
      I HAVE A FEW GAMES, SOLD MOST OF THEM TO PEOPLE WHO WANT THEM STILL
      HAVE SOME OLD 72 GAMES AND SOME BOWL BOUND CHARTS.ALSO HAVE MOST OF
      THE ALLSTAR REPLAY MAGS THERE ARE ARTICLES AND CHARTS IN THESE AS WELL

      > 4) What is your favorite season... and favorite single chart?
      MY FAVORITE SEASON IS THE LAST ONE I HAVE SO THAT WOULD BE 2004
      FAVORITE CHART 1986 MINNESOTA VIKINGS TOMMY KRAMER BEST YEAR

      > 5) What has been your most memorable game?
      >

      > 6) What is your favorite NFL team?
      NOW THAT BRAD JOHNSON IS THE QUARTERBACK I LIKE THE VIKES CANNOT
      STAND WATCHING TEAMS TURN THE BALL OVER (CULPEPPER).TURNOVERS ARE THE
      KEY TO WINNING IN THE NFL OR PAYDIRT

      > 7) Have you ever created your own charts... how about replayed
      a season?
      YA I HAVE MADE A FEW SETS OF CHARTS. I PLAY WITH A FEW TEAMS FOR 16
      GAMES

      > 8) Do you have a solitaire system of play?

      YES

      > 9) Ever bet on a game?

      YES BUT I LIKE JUST PLAYING IF SOMEONE WANTS TO PLAY FOR MONEY THEN I
      WILL

      > 10) Is Paydirt your favorite game?

      SURE I JUST LIKE NFL FOOTBALL

      > 1) Name, age, location?
      >

      > Todd, 36, Mesa-AZ
      >
      > 2) When did you first play Paydirt, how did you get your first
      charts?
      > I first played in the summer of 1982, when I was 14. I
      was a big
      > fan of the handheld electronic games of the day, and had been
      playing those
      > with different friends (including made-up leagues). One of these
      friends,
      > Jeremy... invited me to try Paydirt. And, I was hooked from the
      start.

      > 3) What charts do you now have?
      > I have the '74(I think), '78, '79, '80, '81 and '86
      charts. I've
      > had several others, but found those made outside of the '78-'80 to
      be...
      > lacking (I'm not talking about the home brewed charts... some of
      which are very
      > good).
      >
      > 4) What is your favorite season... and favorite single chart?
      > The 1978 charts are my favorite, and probably the 1978
      Kansas City
      > chart is my single favorite. They were the last team to regularly
      run the
      > Wing-T offense. They have a pretty good run and short pass
      game... and a
      > serviceable defense and special teams. The thing I like about the
      chart is... it's
      > very honest in that, if you can out-coach your opponent you've got
      a real
      > chance... but get out-coached, and you are in serious trouble.
      >
      > 5) What has been your most memorable game?
      > Leading the '78 Bears to a 3-0 lead over the '78 Giants
      with 30
      > seconds remaining... only to have the Giants return the Kick for a
      TD... before
      > winning the game 10-7 on a KO-TD of my own with 10 seconds
      remaining... is #2
      > on my list. #1 is leading the pathetic '78 49ers to a win over
      the '78
      > Eagles (a solid playoff team)... thanks to a PI on the last timed
      down of the
      > game... followed by a 1 yard TD run on the last play of the game.
      >
      > 6) What is your favorite NFL team?
      > The answer was the Houston Oilers... then the Tennessee
      Oilers.
      > Now, I am a Houston Texans fan... but not to the degree I'd been
      an Oilers fan.
      > That's probably one of the reasons I like the '78 charts so much.
      1978 was
      > such a magically season for the old Oilers.
      >
      > 7) Have you ever created your own charts... how about replayed
      a season?
      > Lame attempts at both. I created my High School football
      team (Oak
      > Grove, in San Jose-CA, a powerhouse team in the state) along with
      3 other
      > area schools. The charts were decent enough, given the limited
      data I had. I
      > also tried to create CFL charts several years ago... but didn't
      have the
      > patience to stick with the project. When I look at some of the
      charts others put
      > out though... it really puts my past efforts to shame.
      >
      > I've never replayed a full season. Ran through individual
      team
      > schedules... like the Oilers... and have redone several Playoffs.
      I plan on doing a
      > single elimination tournament using all the 1978 teams with a
      friend shortly.

      > 8) Do you have a solitaire system of play?
      > Yep. I use a 3x5 card and a 20-sided die. I create 5
      different
      > situations... normal (1 and 10), short distance, long distance,
      goal-line,
      > hurry-up... and, using a teams individual strengths and
      weaknesses... to create a
      > play chart based on a dice roll. So if a team is especially weak
      at
      > Line-Plunge, they'll be far less likely to call the play. I
      thought it was a pretty
      > advanced system... lol... until I saw other folks were busting out
      PC
      > programs.
      >
      > I find, btw... that playing the charts solitaire gives me a
      better feel
      > for the teams... which helps in heads up battles.
      >
      > 9) Ever bet on a game?
      > In my youth, my group of friends played for a small amount
      of money.
      > $20 for an entire season... which went into a prize fund that
      paid each
      > team based on total wins, and how far they advanced. Worked out
      that no one
      > ever lost... or gained... much. Added something to the game
      though.

      > 10) Is Paydirt your favorite game?
      > It is my favorite board game. My only complaint is... it
      is hard to
      > find opponents. With computer games... which I also enjoy... so
      > prevalent... it's hard to get someone that wants to throw dice,
      1970s style. But, it's
      > a great game. Really gives the feel of a football game in 30-40
      minutes.

    • Terry Herrington
      Message 2 of 28 , Dec 1, 2005
        1)    Name, age, location?
        terry Herrington, 47, Georgia

        2)    When did you first play Paydirt, how did you get your first
        Around 1979, played 3m bookshelf games when younger and stumbled across it.
        played with my friends a little while
        partying. normally played solitaire.

        3)    What charts do you now have?
        1980 season

        4)    What is your favorite season... and  favorite single chart?
        I loved the 1980 falcons team, but the 1978 Gritz Blitz season was my
        favorite.

        5)    What has been your most memorable game?
        1978 playoff game with Dallas, 2nd half sucked.

        6)    What is your favorite NFL team?
        Falcons, I grew up outside Atlanta. The games were never blacked out growing
        up.

        7)    Have you ever created your own charts...  how about replayed
        I use to with colored pencils. I modified the 1980 Falcon's with excel. I like
        to win! I don't care about being fair.

        8)    Do you have a solitaire system of play?
        Not anymore, I don't remember how I use to play. My game is under the tree, I
        scanned the charts as PDF's so I could
        study them. Can't wait until Christmas. I'm a empty nester, It's great when
        the
        kids leave.

        9)    Ever bet on a game?
        Nope.

        10)    Is Paydirt your favorite game?
        I like Madden on the PC, My favorite old paper game was Paydirt, Blitzkrieg
        was
        a close second.

        At 07:16 PM 12/1/2005 +0000, Darrin Hunter wrote:

> [...]
        > paid  each
        > > team based on total wins, and how far they advanced.  Worked out
        > that  no one
        > > ever lost... or gained... much.  Added something to the game
        > though.
        > >
        > > 10)    Is Paydirt your favorite game?
        > >         It is my favorite board game.  My only complaint is...  it
        > is hard to
        > > find opponents.  With computer games... which I also enjoy...  so
        > > prevalent... it's hard to get someone that wants to throw dice,
        > 1970s  style.  But, it's
        > > a great game.  Really gives the feel of a football  game in 30-40
        > minutes.

        > *
        >  <mailto:Paydirt-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe>Paydir
        > *
        >
        > *  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the

      • Ron Pisarz, Jr.
        Message 3 of 28 , Dec 3, 2005
          1) Name, Age, Location
          Ron Pisarz, Jr
          37
          Richmond Va

          2) When did you first play Paydirt, how did you get your first charts?
          I started playing in 1979 when I bought a copy from the local game
          store

          3) What charts do you now have?
          '70, '78, '80, '84, '92, '93

          4) What is your favorite season... and favorite single chart?
          Tough one... I like all seasons. '92 Oilers are a fun team to play

          5) What has been your most memorable game?
          It's been too long.

          6) What is your favorite NFL team?
          Ravens

          7) Have you ever created your own charts... how about replayed a
          season?
          working on creating charts now... I want to add them to the PC game I
          developed. Season replay is a core feature of Paydirt in my
          opinion. Now that I developed the software I replay seasons all the
          time. Nothing like trying to take a team with a power rating of 220
          or below to the playoffs.

          8) Do you have a solitaire system of play?
          Absolutely. I put it in the software. Solitaire play was a primary
          motivation of the software. It's hard to find opponents who live in
          your area so in order to play I decided to develop the software. Now
          there is a tremendous opportunity to play head to head online or in
          solitaire mode. Feel free to contact me if you want to play. In an
          upcoming release users will have the ability
          to customize the AI.

          9) Ever bet on a game?
          Nope.

          10) Is Paydirt your favorite game?
          My favorite sports game.
        • dave nemitz
          Message 4 of 28 , Dec 3, 2005
            Dave Nemitz, 39, Davenport, iowa started playing in 79
            with uncle
            and friends.We had 10 of us play full season and
            playoffs! i have
            played alot of APBA & strat o matic baseball,Statis
            pro basketbal
            is another game me and my friends have played 100's of
            times!
            We still get together and play axis & allies war games
            and
            strat o matic baseball.Packer fan, have paydirt
            seasons 79,82,83.
            Would like to create 97 season, found program in yahoo
            paydirt
            groupe but not sure how to do it.When i started a
            season in your
            pc paydirt it has me call plays for both teams,can you
            tell me
            how to make computer run the team i am playing.

            thanks, Dave N

            Just $16.99/mo. or less.
            dsl.yahoo.com
          • Frank
            Message 5 of 28 , Dec 3, 2005
              --- In Paydirt@yahoogroups.com, "Ron Pisarz, Jr." <RPisarzjr@h...>
              wrote:

              > 1) Name, Age, Location
              > Frank Suddeth
              > 53
              > Middlefield, OH (last 4 years (the rest Detroit, Mi)
              >
              > 2) When did you first play Paydirt, how did you get your first
              charts?
              > I started playing in about 1982- I bought a copy from Avalon Hill

              > 3) What charts do you now have?
              > '71, '78, '81, '82, '83,
              >
              > 4) What is your favorite season... and favorite single chart?
              > This is a tough one maybe 78,79,80 or 81 because I won the our
              Super Bowl. 78,79 or 81 Chargers, won the Super Bowl with them.
              Can't remember for sure, it's been a long time and I am getting
              old.haha

              > 5) What has been your most memorable game?
              > Our leagues first super bowl, i won it .. it was down to almost the
              last minute. and our leagues second SB , i was in it with the the 80
              Chargers against the 80 Eagles it went to 3 OT quarters and I lost to
              the Eagles..

              > 6) What is your favorite NFL team?
              > Lions (just because I am from Detroit) none of them impress me very
              much right now.. New England has been consistent (until this year)
              and Indy is good, but can't win the big one. for years (70-78)it was
              the Vikings - (79-8?) is was the Chargers. after that didn't really
              have a favorite.

              > 7) Have you ever created your own charts... how about replayed a
              > season?
              > No - No

              > 8) Do you have a solitaire system of play?
              > No

              > 9) Ever bet on a game?
              > Yes - use to bet all the time (NFL)

              > 10) Is Paydirt your favorite game?
              Pretty much, i don't really play any games.
              Use to like to play Risk a lot.
              I play fantasy football, In 3 leagues now..
            • Kelly Roper
              Message 6 of 28 , Dec 8, 2005
                1) Name, Age, Location?
                Kelly Roper, 43, Oklahoma City, OK

                2) When did you first play Paydirt, how did you get your first
                charts?
                Bought the game in 1980, have the 1980 charts. This is what we did instead
                of going to college, bad idea but more fun.

                3) What charts do you now have?
                I just have the 1980 game and charts, although somewhere along the line I
                picked up a 2nd set of dice both offense and defense, no idea where or when.

                4) What is your favorite season... and favorite single chart?
                I guess 1980 would be it, and as I am a huge Dallas Cowboy fan that would
                have to be it too.

                5) What has been your most memorable game?
                No idea, I play sporadically over the years, been doing it since 1980

                6) What is your favorite NFL team?
                Dallas Cowboys

                7) Have you ever created your own charts... how about replayed a
                season?
                I have 2 friends that I play with, we are still playing the entire 1980
                season, still not finished after 25 years but will get there one day. I have
                not created my own charts but once I found this paydirt group I have
                downloaded some of your charts and used them. I did create my own score
                sheets so I can keep more extensive stats since we are stat junkies and I
                put my 1980 season in a spreadsheet so I can keep cumulative stats for that
                season. All for fun tho right?

                8) Do you have a solitaire system of play?
                No

                9) Ever bet on a game.
                Just lunch, and an occasional pepsi.

                10) Is Paydirt your favorite game?
                It is my favorite sports game by far. However I like to play all sorts.