missed extrapoint data for paydirt charts

  • cento57
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 4, 2005
      I redoing the 1972 paydirt charts. Where do i find missed extra point
      data for these charts or any paydirt charts. Bowlbound had the info
      printed at the bottom of the charts...

      joey centofanti
    • Matt Floray
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 4, 2005

        I will have to look at the charts to make sure, but I think you used the Field Goal column and if the distance is 2 or more yards, it’s good, otherwise it’s no good or a penalty or a block or whatever.

        Also, remember that the goal posts were on the goal line in ’72 and were moved back to the back of the end zone after the ’73 season.  Therefore, the Field Goals are 10 yards too long on the ’72 charts IF, and only if, you have the copyright ’73 version.  The copyright ’74 version has the 10 yards already taken off, though there are some mistakes.

        Take a look at the chart errors file in the files section.

        Matt

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 4, 2005
          --- In Paydirt@yahoogroups.com, "cento57" <cento57@h...> wrote:
          > I redoing the 1972 paydirt charts. Where do i find missed extra
          >point
          > data for these charts or any paydirt charts. Bowlbound had the info
          > printed at the bottom of the charts...
          >

          > joey centofanti

          As I remember, they still used the old #17=NG.

          #'s 10-15 GOOD
          #16 O=5
          #17 NG
          #18 D=15
          #19 O=15
          #20 D=5
          #'s 21-39 = GOOD
          This was for the rules of 1972, that is, the goalposts were on the
          goal line.

          I think in 1976 they went to the red #'s on the side of the Special
          Teams Chart to denote missed PAT's.

          -WW