Converting PD & BB charts to PC format - division of labor offer

  • august_helmbright
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2005
      I and a group with whom I am sharing chart entry chores now have
      managed to compile a complete collection of Bowlbound teams (32 from
      Set I, and 20 each from Sets II and III) in both Excel and PC Game
      format. With their agreement, I am making the following offer:

      If you are interested in both Bowlbound and Paydirt teams for Matt's
      PC games, send me Paydirt teams to convert. In return, you will
      receive your choice of Bowlbound teams in a number equal to the
      number of Paydirt teams you send me - both in Excel format with the
      quantitative analysis completed (see my templates in both groups)
      and as files for use with the PC game.

      If you are an early adopter of this offer, I ask that you consider
      giving permission to be added to the chart sharing group, so that we
      can take advantage of the efforts of others in keying different
      seasons.

      EXCEPTION TO THE SHARING POLICY: if you send me data on any charts
      that were not published by Avalon Hill (including Dr. Nicely's 6
      private BB charts, or the mid-70s Paydirt charts that Matt recently
      offered on eBay), I will assume that you own them (otherwise you
      wouldn't have the data to send), and will convert them to PC files
      for your use. The only exceptions are those created by someone who
      has asked that no PC files be created (Eddie, so far). Any of these
      unpublished charts will NOT be shared with anyone else, and, as I
      have noted before, if they show up posted on the internet, don't ask
      me to convert any other files for you.

      As for officially published charts, the designers were compensated
      for doing these, and the company that owns the copyright is no
      longer around except as an unrecognizable division or subsidiary of
      Hasbro. Therefore, I'm not concerned about whether or not you own
      hard copies of these in order to be able to receive Excel and PC
      versions in a sharing arrangement.