Eddie Mays

  • Darrin Hunter
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 2, 2004
      "Your charts are the most accurate available today for Paydirt and
      Bowl Bound. Your numbers are right on with expected result. You don't
      seem to boost a team's stats just because they have a great name
      player that had an off year like the 2002 Edge [Edgerrin James for
      the Colts] or 2003 Marshall Faulk. I've played a set of charts from
      another seller that looked like they took the players best year and
      put in on the chart. The 2002 Colts averaging 5.8 yards per rush over
      a 5 game season against good defenses? I don't think that's very
      accurate!

      Look Eddie I have told a lot of people (A few dozen at least)about
      your charts.Any one that wants older charts or bowl bound charts I am
      sure these people have bid up your charts and you have benefited from
      this.

      Don,t write this B.S on ebay it is not a debate.
      Next time you make up some B.S make sure you do home work first.
      I never made 2002 Colts.

      DARRIN HUNTER
    • Matt Floray
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 2, 2004
        Darrin,

        For those of us that didn't see the original statement, can you post it in
        its entirety or tell us where to see it, with maybe a link?

        I don't see where he names you in this quote. And if you didn't make a 2002
        Colts, then how could it be you?

        Or did I miss something?

        Matt

[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Darrin Hunter
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 2, 2004
          This is on ebay. I have never seen any one else selling these on ebay
          maybe I am wrong if I am sorry.

          --- In Paydirt@yahoogroups.com, "Matt Floray" <butchcassidy@e...>
          wrote:
          > Darrin,
          >
          > For those of us that didn't see the original statement, can you
          post it in
          > its entirety or tell us where to see it, with maybe a link?
          >
          > I don't see where he names you in this quote. And if you didn't
          make a 2002
          > Colts, then how could it be you?
          >
          > Or did I miss something?
          >
          > Matt

        • Matt Floray
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 2, 2004
            I looked at his and yours on ebay. I don't know if you are right or wrong.

            I think you both posted feedback from users, which seems fair. Neither of
            you posted anything with the other person named, which seems right. And you
            didn't create the '02 Colts, so the user is either talking about other
            charts or is mistaken.

            Any way it goes, I doubt that he was out to harm you. I could be way wrong
            on this! But if I wanted to hurt the competition, I would say something
            like, "I used seller X's charts and man do they stink! He has the offense
            and defense both WAY off." And so forth. The first thing I would do is
            name the other seller. Like Pepsi always uses Coke in their ads to prove
            they are way better. And so forth.

            I would also point out that my stuff is 1/5 the price or the other seller.
            Of course you could counter with "you get what you pay for". I have no idea
            who is right on that one.

            Anyway, I am sure Eddie can defend himself, but I don't think it was
            malicious.

            As to user feedback, it does nothing for me personally. I have my own likes
            and dislikes and I don't depend on what Jim or Jojo or whoever has to say.
            Although whoever is pretty good at getting his point across. :-)

            Did anyone see that the Big League Game Co. is trying to sell a '72 copy of
            the game for $104.85? Sure, it is shrink-wrapped, but come on! Not
            surprisingly, they have zero bids.

            Matt

            wrote:
            > Darrin,
            >
            > For those of us that didn't see the original statement, can you
            post it in
            > its entirety or tell us where to see it, with maybe a link?
            >
            > I don't see where he names you in this quote. And if you didn't
            make a 2002
            > Colts, then how could it be you?
            >
            > Or did I miss something?
            >
            > Matt

            Yahoo! Groups Links
          • John Horn
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 2, 2004
              "Did anyone see that the Big League Game Co. is trying to sell a '72 copy of
              the game for $104.85? Sure, it is shrink-wrapped, but come on! Not
              surprisingly, they have zero bids."

              I picked up shrinkwrapped copies of both the 1972 and the rare 1973 (the one
              with the classic box cover of Terry Bradshaw calling signals against Miami's
              No-Name Defense in the 1972 AFC Championship Game) SI Pro Football games,
              for $14.95 each, from a game store in New York a couple of years ago. The
              1973 game was an absolute steal at that price. I had been looking for that
              version of the game for years.

              John

              > I looked at his and yours on ebay. I don't know if you are right or
              > wrong.
              >
              > I think you both posted feedback from users, which seems fair. Neither of
              > you posted anything with the other person named, which seems right. And
              > you
              > didn't create the '02 Colts, so the user is either talking about other
              > charts or is mistaken.
              >
              > Any way it goes, I doubt that he was out to harm you. I could be way
              > wrong
              > on this! But if I wanted to hurt the competition, I would say something
              > like, "I used seller X's charts and man do they stink! He has the offense
              > and defense both WAY off." And so forth. The first thing I would do is
              > name the other seller. Like Pepsi always uses Coke in their ads to prove
              > they are way better. And so forth.
              >
              > I would also point out that my stuff is 1/5 the price or the other seller.
              > Of course you could counter with "you get what you pay for". I have no
              > idea
              > who is right on that one.
              >
              > Anyway, I am sure Eddie can defend himself, but I don't think it was
              > malicious.
              >
              > As to user feedback, it does nothing for me personally. I have my own
              > likes
              > and dislikes and I don't depend on what Jim or Jojo or whoever has to say.
              > Although whoever is pretty good at getting his point across. :-)
              >
              > Did anyone see that the Big League Game Co. is trying to sell a '72 copy
              > of
              > the game for $104.85? Sure, it is shrink-wrapped, but come on! Not
              > surprisingly, they have zero bids.
              >
              > Matt

            • Matt Floray
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 2, 2004
                Yep, that is the hardest box to find. That's a great price.

                Matt

                > I looked at his and yours on ebay. I don't know if you are right or
                > wrong.
                >
                > I think you both posted feedback from users, which seems fair. Neither of
                > you posted anything with the other person named, which seems right. And
                > you
                > didn't create the '02 Colts, so the user is either talking about other
                > charts or is mistaken.
                >
                > Any way it goes, I doubt that he was out to harm you. I could be way
                > wrong
                > on this! But if I wanted to hurt the competition, I would say something
                > like, "I used seller X's charts and man do they stink! He has the offense
                > and defense both WAY off." And so forth. The first thing I would do is
                > name the other seller. Like Pepsi always uses Coke in their ads to prove
                > they are way better. And so forth.
                >
                > I would also point out that my stuff is 1/5 the price or the other seller.
                > Of course you could counter with "you get what you pay for". I have no
                > idea
                > who is right on that one.
                >
                > Anyway, I am sure Eddie can defend himself, but I don't think it was
                > malicious.
                >
                > As to user feedback, it does nothing for me personally. I have my own
                > likes
                > and dislikes and I don't depend on what Jim or Jojo or whoever has to say.
                > Although whoever is pretty good at getting his point across. :-)
                >
                > Did anyone see that the Big League Game Co. is trying to sell a '72 copy
                > of
                > the game for $104.85? Sure, it is shrink-wrapped, but come on! Not
                > surprisingly, they have zero bids.
                >
                > Matt

                Yahoo! Groups Links
              • Darrin Hunter
                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 2, 2004
                  All I am saying is I will not send any more people his way as long
                  as this indirect statement is on his sales pitch see below the rest
                  is fine.
                  Most people do not know I did not make 2002 colts.
                  I have sent a lot of people his way this cost me time and money.
                  I only noticed this because I was sending someone to his page today.
                  I am sure I have sent others with this statment on there (feel like
                  I have been stabbed in the back).
                  Up 2 U Eddie

                  wrote:
                  > I looked at his and yours on ebay. I don't know if you are right
                  or wrong.

                  > I think you both posted feedback from users, which seems fair.
                  Neither of
                  > you posted anything with the other person named, which seems
                  right. And you
                  > didn't create the '02 Colts, so the user is either talking about
                  other
                  > charts or is mistaken.
                  >
                  > Any way it goes, I doubt that he was out to harm you. I could be
                  way wrong
                  > on this! But if I wanted to hurt the competition, I would say
                  something
                  > like, "I used seller X's charts and man do they stink! He has the
                  offense
                  > and defense both WAY off." And so forth. The first thing I would
                  do is
                  > name the other seller. Like Pepsi always uses Coke in their ads
                  to prove
                  > they are way better. And so forth.
                  >
                  > I would also point out that my stuff is 1/5 the price or the other
                  seller.
                  > Of course you could counter with "you get what you pay for". I
                  have no idea
                  > who is right on that one.
                  >
                  > Anyway, I am sure Eddie can defend himself, but I don't think it
                  was
                  > malicious.
                  >
                  > As to user feedback, it does nothing for me personally. I have my
                  own likes
                  > and dislikes and I don't depend on what Jim or Jojo or whoever has
                  to say.
                  > Although whoever is pretty good at getting his point across. :-)
                  >
                  > Did anyone see that the Big League Game Co. is trying to sell
                  a '72 copy of
                  > the game for $104.85? Sure, it is shrink-wrapped, but come on!
                  Not
                  > surprisingly, they have zero bids.
                  >
                  > Matt

                • Eddie Mays
                  Message 8 of 8 , Nov 3, 2004
                    Darrin, I honestly have no idea who the writer was talking about who
                    sent that to me, it obviously wasn't you since you haven't done the
                    2002 Colts. As we've found out here in this group, there are more
                    than just Darrin and I making current charts. Since we are trying to
                    put together a committee AND promote fellowship in the group, if the
                    ebay paragraph is that malice eventhough it doesn't mention who it
                    is, I will remove it. I actually need to update my e-mail comments
                    feedback in my auctions anyway. I'm unclear on how you referring
                    someone to buy my Bowl Bound charts costs you money, though.

                    I think our products are different enough that we both can co-exist
                    and be successful. You sure "beat me to market" in January of this
                    year by getting your charts out on ebay within a few days of the
                    season being over. I was impressed! I have gotten plenty of direct
                    feedback from the many customers that we both share that have
                    positive things to say about both of our charts. However, I would
                    never post any disparaging remarks regarding your work. I'm sure we
                    could both post comments like "I like your charts better than
                    Eddie/Darrin's because....". I was sorry that you weren't able to
                    join the Paydirt committee, because I think you bring some great
                    things to the group. Good luck with your business going forward.

                    --- In Paydirt@yahoogroups.com, "Darrin Hunter" <hunte0062000@y...>