Roadside Attractions Add Fun To Your Trip

  • Pauline Wallin
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2006
      Going on a road trip this summer? Consider taking detours off the
      main superhighways to visit off-beat roadside attractions. They're a
      fun diversion, especially if you're traveling with kids.

      Get photos of you or your family in front of memorable, kitschy, giant
      constructions, such as:

      - a 19-ft smiling potato in Maugerville, New Brunswick

      - a 40,000-gallon coffeepot in Stanton, Iowa

      - a house in the shape of a shoe in Hellam, PA

      . . . and thousands more.

      Here are some websites where you can view photos of roadside
      attractions and also get directions to visit them:

      World's Largest Roadside Attractions http://www.wlra.us/
      Search by name, by country, by U.S. state, or by category (e.g.,
      animals, household objects, toys, etc.)

      RoadsideAmerica.com http://www.roadsideamerica.com/
      Type in your destination and pull up a map of nearby
      attractions. There are also news items, tips and videos.

      Large Canadian Roadside Attractions http://www.roadsideattractions.ca/
      Search by location or by category.

      Pauline
      http://drwallin.com/internetguide

      ---

      If you have a tip that you'd like me to post, please email me:
      drwallin@...

      New subscribers are welcome. Please pass along this tip to others and
      encourage them to join this group: