LDS: No guns in church

  • Sterling D. Allan
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 27, 2004
      Front page Salt Lake Tribune Sat. 24 Jan. 2004

      It was front page Tribune two or three days ago, with complete statement from FP.

      I'll be adding this to my "upon my house shall it begin" index.

      PHOTO
      In this letter, addressed to the LDS leaders throughout the state, the First Presidency of the church officially prohibits firearms in the houses of worship. Link as .pdf

      Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2004 8:44 PM
      Subject: Re: [remnantsaints] Thaxtons (Vegan Family) interviewed tonight on LA Radio

      Sterling
          My son told me that the church had given notice that the meeting houses are a gun-free area.  It is illegal for anyone to bring a gun into the church.
          Could you verify this or is it just an unfounded rumer?
      FC