The Arquettes Are EVERYWHERE!!!

  • dawns1067
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2008
      They're taking over the world!!!

      Or at least Hollywood, anyway. (Which probably isn't a bad thing
      either. That place needs all the help it can get.)

      It seems that since David and Courteney's show, Dirt, got
      cancelled (yes, sadly, it is no more) that they haven't been resting
      on their laurels. Some people might, but not the intrepid Arquettes.

      Seems Courteney has been signed for a three-episode guest stint
      on the ABC (formerly NBC) comedy Scrubs. Courteney will play a
      prickly hospital administrator (or some bossy type) and the role
      sounds kinda fun. I've never watched the show, but I may have to
      check it out now.

      And in addition to his recent directing gigs, including Medium
      and the short film The Butler's in Love, David has signed on to the
      ABC comedy Pushing Daisies, in an as yet unidentified role or arc.
      Should be interesting. Another one to add to my check-it-out list.

      And now Thomas Jane, fresh off his work in Mutant Chronicles, The
      Mist, The Butler's in Love and Killshot (which looks to be headed
      straight to video, darnit!), Thomas has reportedly been cast in an
      HBO pilot called Hung. He will play an aging sports-star/high school
      basketball coach who is struggling as a single father, who finds
      creative ways to make use of his, .. ahem, best attribute, to get
      by.

      That sounds like it should be interesting. So does this mean
      that if Thomas gets a steady gig on television, that Patricia will
      become a stay-at-home wife and mom? What do you think? I hope this
      doesn't bode poorly for Medium and its fans.
    • jdloc4@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 2, 2008
        Hey Dawn -

        I've been wondering too about Tom possibly being on a TV series, more of a steady job, and what that means for Patricia and the whole family...

        That would be an interesting situation if both Tom and Patricia were working on TV shows, but the thing is, that type of work, while "steady", is still demanding, with long hours and a lot to pack into the day... so I'm wondering how they would juggle that type of schedule...

        Like you said too, hopefully this has nothing to do with Medium, in the sense of the show stopping or Patricia not being involved in it (which seems unlikely, since she's the main character!  LOL).

        I didn't know Dirt has been cancelled!  I thought it was just back for its 2nd season...?  Anyway, that's cool that Courteney will be a guest on Scrubs.  I used to watch the show, the 1st and possibly 2nd season, and it was pretty funny and sharp, with a soft heart at the end of the day.  Not sure if it's the same now.

        And it should be interesting to see David in Pushing Daisies... I wonder what type of role he'll have on that show.

        I'm hoping that Tom's TV series comes through and it'll be a regular gig, but then I'll have to get HBO, 'cause I don't have it now!  LOL

        Take care,

        Jen

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 2, 2008
          Hi, Jen

          I hope Thomas' show comes through too. It would be cool to see
          him in a regular series gig. Might be kinda fun. And maybe they could
          work out their schedules so they're filming at different times so
          that they could both be on television at the same time. That would be
          awesome.

          As far as Courteney and David's gigs, "Dirt" was cancelled after
          this season because of poor ratings, which is a shame because it was
          actually a pretty interesting show.

          But her gig on "Scrubs" sounds cool anyway. I'll definitely be
          checking that out. And David's role on "Pushing Daisies" is said to
          be a 'socially awkward guy with ties to Ned', so I don't know what
          that means, but David's a funny guy, so it should be fun too.

          I would love to see Thomas' show get picked up and Patricia to
          continue on "Medium". So we'll see what happens. Can't wait. I'll
          have to be getting HBO for sure.

          Dawn