New Member

  • cocobna
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2002
      Hello! I'm quite excited about finding your group! I was searching
      the web under "Anglican Prayer Beads" and found it. I'm also a
      member of the Rosary Makers group here at Yahoo.
      I have been making Rosaries and chaplets for quite some time, but
      not on a consistant basis. I'm currently doing research into the
      history, art form, and spirituality of prayer beads for a class
      I'm hoping to teach at our Episcopal cathedral either for Advent
      or Lent. The history I've found on the web is wonderful- I had
      no idea of the origins. I also knew nothing about Eastern Chokti
      until doing my research. I'm eager to gain information from
      everyone here, especially ideas I can use in my presentation.
      Right now, I'm needing information on how to make Anglican prayer
      beads- the strung type, not the type with eye pins. I'm not sure
      how to transition from the "loop" down to the "tail", or vice-versa.
      Your help will be most appreciated!
      Thank you-
      -Kathryne DeWitt
      "cocobna"
    • twig_bear
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 9, 2006
        Good mornin'. I'm a new member.

        For my entire life I had been a Baptist but recently had become
        unsatisfied with my Protestant faith. Thanks to the diligence of my
        Catholic friends, undoubtedly being used by the Holy Spirit to further
        the Kingdom, I saw the truth and beauty of the Catholic faith; I am
        now, as they say, swimming across the Tiber.

        In my journey towards Rome I've fallen in love with prayer beads,
        especially the rosary. I can remember my first time; praying a rosary
        blessed by Pope Benedict XVI on a cool, rainy evening. It was one of
        the most powerful yet tranquil moments of my life.

        My search for more information on prayer beads led me here. Most of
        my time thus far as been spent reading and researching, but I did have
        time to make a Psalm 23 chaplet for a friend of mine before she left
        for college. I'll put a picture up in the gallery!

        Anyways, I look forward to learning as much as I can and hopefully
        meeting some good 'resources'. Hah!

        Yours,
        Twig Bear