Re: [Paternosters] One page up, many to go...

  • Leesa Orton
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 13, 2004
      Christian,
      I just wanted to drop you a note and ask your permission to reference your webpage (http://paternosters.home.igc.org/) for an upcoming A&S entry. Inspired by your research and by the tubular tablet woven silk cord in the MOL books, I created my first paternoster. I have posted a picture of it at: http://photoalbum.duncarraig.net/Current-Projects
      I thank you for all of your inspiration and will be sure to credit you in my docs.
      Thank you again,
      Molly (Mary Isabel)

      PS- I would welcome any feedback you would like to include. I'll post my write up to the files on the apprentice list.

      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 13, 2004
        My Lady:

        You wrote:

        Inspired by your research and by the tubular tablet woven silk cord in the
        MOL books, I created my first paternoster. I have posted a picture of it at:
        http://photoalbum.duncarraig.net/Current-Projects
        > I thank you for all of your inspiration and will be sure to credit you in
        my docs.
        > Thank you again,
        > Molly (Mary Isabel)
        >
        > PS- I would welcome any feedback you would like to include. I'll post my
        write up to the files on the apprentice list.

        Dear Lady:

        I viewed your paternoster, found it quite pleasing and have some questions
        in its regard. How many cards were used in the creation of the cord? How
        did you form and attach the tassels? Why did you settle on 10 beads? Did
        you have an intact example either as an artifact, description or painting
        that you used as model? What when and where is it intended to be set?

        I can post to you or any who might want it some research.

        Daniel
      • Chris Laning
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 14, 2004
          At 2:53 PM -0500 11/13/04, Leesa Orton wrote:
          >Christian,
          > I just wanted to drop you a note and ask your permission to
          >reference your webpage (http://paternosters.home.igc.org/) for an
          >upcoming A&S entry. Inspired by your research and by the tubular
          >tablet woven silk cord in the MOL books, I created my first
          >paternoster. I have posted a picture of it at:
          >http://photoalbum.duncarraig.net/Current-Projects
          >I thank you for all of your inspiration and will be sure to credit
          >you in my docs.
          >Thank you again,
          >Molly (Mary Isabel)

          Yes, certainly!

          It looks as though you have modeled this after the one in the Museum
          of London book. Good job -- it looks very nice!