Re: [Paternosters] Mid 15th Century European Paternosters

  • Anplica Fiore
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 29, 2013
      The fabric object in the Mary of Burgundy Hours looks to be a small
      pillow to me. At least that's how I'm reading the 2 different fabrics
      on it. I would bet the small chest in this image is what the
      paternoster came out of.

      The Catherine of Cleves Hours pouch could just be a pouch that holds
      the paternoster when it's not in use.

      What do others think?
      An

      On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 2:17 PM, uxbridgefox <fox3785@...> wrote:
      > I have a question about the little pouches that are shown with these two mid 15th Century paternosters. Would these be reliquary pouches? And if they are what kind of reliquary would be in the pouch? Any ideas.
      >
      > Thanks for any ideas!
      > Annette
      >
      > Mary of Burgundy Hours
      > http://www.wga.hu/art/zgothic/miniatur/1451-500/2netherl/02n_1452.jpg
      >
      > Catherine of Cleves Hours
      > http://www.usc.edu/dept/comp-lit/tympanum/3/images/folio320r_insert.jpg

      Baroness Anpliça Fiore, Scrooby Herald
      Event Infomation Officer - Kingdom of Northshield

      Protégé to Meister Gevehard von Baden
      Apprentice to Dame Siobhan Medhbh O'Roarke