Rosaries from "A History of Jewellery 1100-1870"

  • Monica
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 10, 2003
      Hi all,

      I posted a couple of pictures here:

      These are Rosaries from "A History of Jewellery 1100-1870" by Joan
      Evans. Unfortunately I only have the Dover edition so the images are
      in black&white.

      Sylvie
    • Ro
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 12, 2003
        How beautiful! Thank you for posting. I am just *barely* beginning to work
        with the concept of Paternosters for my persona (and for my own mundane
        use).

        There is only one woman in my Barony who does any work with Rosaries at all,
        and she rarely comes to FP or events. And when she does, she is merchanting
        and I am working.

        What are people using, or what would anyone recommend for a newbie to use to
        "thread" her Paternoster?

        TIA!

        Lady Roana de Laci
        Bright Hills, Atlantia

        I know God will not give me more than I can handle. I just wish He didn't
        trust me so much. - Mother Teresa

        > Message: 1
        > Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 05:20:42 -0000
        > From: "Monica" <nibuca@...>
        > Subject: Rosaries from "A History of Jewellery 1100-1870"
        >
        > Hi all,
        >
        > I posted a couple of pictures here:
        >
        > These are Rosaries from "A History of Jewellery 1100-1870" by Joan
        > Evans. Unfortunately I only have the Dover edition so the images are
        > in black&white.
        >
        > Sylvie
      • Elizabeth Schechter
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 12, 2003
          True, I rarely get to FP. Life and work get too much in the way.
          However, I am also on this list. ;} Hi, Ro. ;}

          I use 20g sterling wire, half hard in my rosaries. If you want to really
          string, I'd recommend a plied silk embroidery floss, or pearl silk.

          And I WILL be at T&T. And maybe at FP before then. I miss you all!