2453Re: [Paternosters] Paternosters and Books

  • Chris Laning
    Nov 1, 2013
      On Oct 31, 2013, at 8:17 AM, Melanie Peters-Turner wrote:

      > This aside turns up because I'm studying wills and the gifting in them. One of my questions asked is to do with literacy and whether Paternosters and books are given by the same persons (not sure yet, but suspicion is yes) - nicely messes with the assumptions on Beads = Illiteracy :)
      >
      > I think this might prove to be a profitable tangent ;)

      If you ever run across a mention of something that could be a rosary manual in someone's will, I'd love to hear about it! ("Book of the rosary", "Book of Our Lady's Psalter" etc._

      O Chris Laning <claning@...> - Davis, California
      + http://paternoster-row.org - http://www.ravelry.com/stores/medievalknitting