Please help the homeless stay warm this winter

  • Barbara Kim
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 10, 2011
      We are collecting things to 'winterize' the homeless who are camping out this winter. People choose to camp out rather than stay at the rescue mission; some are vets and have PTSD and just don't feel safe indoors, some are afraid to sleep there because some of the other people have severe mental illness, and some just can't cope with the rules requiring them to attend chapel.

      So, if you have any stuff you don't need or aren't using, please let me know,

      We need: sleeping bags, gloves, knit hats, blankets, long underwear, and tents.

      It is fine if it is used as long as it is in usuable condition.

      Please contact me or you can drop stuff off at Heart for the World church at 1605 S. Valley T-F between 10 AM and 4 PM and tell them it is for "winterize the homeless"

      Thanks!