Daily Meditation~~~~~~>

    Message 1 of 56 , Jan 6, 2002
      January 6 - Daily Feast, Volume II
      What have we of life's beautiful things? A rainbow's shimmering hues
      when a shower has ended? A warm brown puppy in the sunlight? A
      mockingbird singing while a thin veil of clouds is drawn like misty
      curtains across the face of the moon; a playhouse where string is
      stretched from tree to tree to shut out invaders; children's laughter
      and the fluttering of bird wings in a tiny flowing stream? The best of
      beautiful things are still free. They are bits and pieces of joyful
      things that become part of us - a child in a field of daisies, a
      friendly hand, a smile, a whispered prayer. What are we that is not a
      fragment from a past happiness - a i yu quu -v hna i - to hi dv, a
      moment of peace?
      ~ When we see the changes of day and night, the sun, moon, and stars in
      the sky, and the changing seasons upon the earth.... anyone must realize
      that it is the work of someone more powerful than man. ~
      CHASED-BY-BEARS - SANTEE SIOUX
      "A Cherokee Feast of Days, Volume II" by Joyce Sequichie Hilfer
      Elder's Meditation of the Day - January 6
      "When we're through with this earth and all these problems, we don't
      have to come back. But as long as we're here we have a job to do and a
      purpose to fulfill and that means dealing with the circumstances around
      us."
      --Rolling Thunder, CHEROKEE
      We are put on the earth to participate in life. We have a beautiful
      mind, we have the ability to pray, we have the ability to change, we
      have the ability to accept, and we have choices. All things God created
      are constantly changing. This constant change causes our circumstances
      to change. Sometimes we say life is difficult. During these times we
      need to use our tools: the tools of prayer, and the tools of meditation.
      We are designed to change and live joyfully on this earth. The only
      requirement for living joyfully is to live according to the laws,
      principles and values given to us by the Creator.

      Great Spirit,
      give me Your
      courage today,
      and guide my
      footsteps.
      Message 56 of 56 , Jul 13, 2003
        From: gringa@... (Donna) Date: Sun, Jul 13, 2003, 11:02am To:
        [openfires] July 13 - Daily Meditations Reply to:
        openfires@yahoogroups.com
        What is it that keeps us from doing the creative things we want to do?
        Fear of venturing and losing, fear of the unknown? And yet, every day of
        our lives we venture and seldom acknowledge the fact that we didn't
        lose. We too often accomplish something because circumstances forced a
        courage we could not muster from mere desire.
        Frequently we must simply have the audacity to lay aside the taboos we
        have built for ourselves, for fear of appearing foolish, and follow a
        creative curiosity.
        When Robert Louis Stevenson wrote, "Give me a young man with brains
        enough to make a fool of himself," he didn't mean intentionally acting
        foolishly. He meant that a fearlessness of appearing foolish can enable
        us to step outside the realms of what others would call the limits.
        The simplest ventures often bring joy to many, particularly to those who
        in the beginning dared to stand on their own chances of winning or
        losing.
        Summer heat has brought a lull to the meadows. Tiny titmice and bright
        yellow warblers stay close to watering places, and only the locust sings
        on in its raspy tones. It sings to remind us that it is summer and time
        to slow our pace. Hay meadows are dotted with bales, and wheat and beans
        are ready for harvest. Evening is alive with the songs of meadowlarks
        and killdeer, and the mockingbird is the comic that sings in all the
        other bird's voices. It would be impossible to live among the things of
        nature and not pace oneself to them. It is the nature of the Cherokee to
        go to a flowing stream with any problem he may have. And he comes away
        with the best harvest of all, a quiet eye and the peaceful harmony of
        summer.
        ~ I have a good heart, and I want no mistake made this time, to live
        with a good heart and talk truth. ~
        CAPTAIN JACK
        "Grandfather, Great Spirit, once more behold me on earth and lean to
        hear my feeble voice. You lived first, and You are older than all need,
        older than all prayer...You are the life of all things."
        --Black Elk, OGLALA SIOUX
        Great Spirit - Sometimes I don't feel like praying. Sometimes when I
        have done something wrong, I'm ashamed to come to You. Even though You
        have always been there for me, I sometimes choose to stay away. It's
        hard for me to understand what all knowing is. Sometimes it's hard for
        me to see how much You really care. But I know if I take a few minutes
        and think about what I know to be true about You, the things change and
        I am able to realize Your power and Your love. Today, I'll start by
        thinking of You. I'll think about all the times You have helped and
        guided me in the past. You are life, You are love, You are power, You
        are desire, You are truth, Your are principle, You are intelligence, You
        are courage. With You I am everything; without You I am nothing.
        Creator,
        thank You
        for allowing me
        to start my day