Daily Feast~~~~~~~>

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 6, 2002
      January 5 - Daily Feast, Volume II
      The ground beneath our feet can seem awfully slippery at times.
      Something mental or emotional catches us off guard and we fall to our
      knees as though we are totally helpless. Never add self-criticism to the
      load. This is one of the first things we try to do - blame ourselves
      that we could not see. Why were we not stronger? Why did our faith fail
      and where did the power go in a crisis? We grieve because we think we
      have failed - because we could not hold the line. No, we have not
      failed, we have loved. We have held life softly and reverently and
      change has come.
      ~ Every hillside, every valley, every plain and grove has been hallowed
      by some sad or happy event in days long vanished. ~
      SEATTLE - SUQUAMISH 1786 to 1866
      "A Cherokee Feast of Days, Volume II" by Joyce Sequichie Hilfer