Daily Meditation~~~~>

    Message 1 of 130 , Jan 3, 2002
      All of us have memories that we can go back and enjoy the simple times
      and comforting experiences. When the present gets too heavy transport
      body, soul, and spirit into one of those good memories and enjoy it all
      over again.
      One of my childhood duties was to bring the cows home from the pasture
      every evening. A wonderful discovery was how gentle our bull was and I
      would ride him home from the pasture with all the milk cows following.
      He was not only gentle, he was smart and as soon as we reached a grove
      of thorn trees he went through it every time. Didn't take long to get
      off, but it was not just the herd that is remembered but the evening sun
      and the barking dog in the distance. Shadows took on a blue haze and the
      hollows and hills changed with the light.
      Those evenings are as comforting now as then. I know they are because I
      remember it so clearly.
      January 3 - Daily Feast, Volume II
      Some say reality is a thing that can be touched. But reality is more
      real in the invisible than all we see and touch with our fingers. Trying
      to face reality without knowing what it is is little different from
      seeing a tiny stone and finding it is a boulder buried in the earth.
      Reality is not a one-dimensional flat surface where everything is
      visible - but it is spirit and life and faith and love. We many not
      observe these things but we feel their influence. Prayer is the straight
      line to the invisible, changing what we see from above and beneath. We
      cannot see it, but it is the substance of reality, the u w wi and a da
      nv to, heart and soul of life in its highest form.
      ~ It does not require many words to speak the truth. ~ CHIEF JOSEPH
      "A Cherokee Feast of Days, Volume II" by Joyce Sequichie Hifler
      Elder's Meditation of the Day - January 3  "We don't have to say or
      think what we don't wish to. We have a choice in those things, and we
      have to realize that and practice using that choice."
      --Rolling Thunder, CHEROKEE
      Having choices makes us fully accountable. No one can make us think
      anything we don't want to think. No one can determine our behavior and
      how we act. It's not what's going on but how we look at what's going on.
      If someone does something and we get upset, we can change how we look at
      it any time we want. We can tell ourselves in the morning that the day
      is going to be beautiful and that we have expectations that great things
      will happen. Doing this daily sets our mind to look for the joy and the
      excitement of each day.
      Great Spirit,
      help me to
      choose my
      thoughts with
      Your wisdom.
      Message 130 of 130 , Jul 23, 2003
        From: gringa@... (Donna) Date: Wed, Jul 23, 2003, 9:08am To:
        [Tradition_OF_The_Redroad] July 23 - Daily Meditations Reply to:
        How weak-willed we are at times when we've made a decision and know we
        must stand on it. It is so much easier to give in to the easy way of
        doing things.
        We are almost a "house divided against itself," and the strain of
        staying with a decision seems almost our enemy. But we never gain much
        stature by giving in to ourselves against our better judgement. And we
        never get anywhere by scattering our efforts.
        Making a decision is difficult enough without losing one's determination
        in following through. Laying down the responsibility is someone like
        warning children to behave themselves and then permitting them to
        continue to misbehave.
        How long has it been since you've proven to yourself that you mean
        business in carrying out a plan?
        A man of wisdom has written that we have firmness of character when we
        have the ability to say "no" to the wrong as well as to those things
        which are good but stand in the way of our progress.
        Always remember that to want something that is good and right is the
        blessing. God gave us that ability to desire or we would never have
        thought of using it. But God also gave us the ability to cry, to feel
        pain, and the freedom to choose whether we go on or quit.
        In our lives we face many decisions. Some are hard to make because we
        know we must turn our backs upon something that seems harmless at the
        moment simply because we know it would not be good in the long run.
        But there are also decisions that are more challenge than decision. They
        are the good things that are placed before us, and our will to follow
        through is tested. When defeat seems sure, then is the time to begin to
        fight. When others are quitting, then is the time to throw more strength
        into the battle. Anything worth having is worth working for, and is of
        lasting value.
        Very often these sieges must be made silently and without seeming
        effort. And yet we know we cannot get something for nothing. We have a
        service to perform. We can make it a drudge, or we can make it a
        delightful experience, according to our faith. Be persistent. Unless you
        do not particularly want your dreams to come true, you can't afford to
        know the meaning of apathy. You must continually be on the scene with
        the muscles of your mind toned.
        It isn't difficult to have a dream. But it often ceases at that point.
        The willingness to follow through, the determination to look
        impossibilities in the eye and trudge on must be practiced before that
        dream can amount to anything.
        All along life's road there are those who would discourage you, every
        often in ignorance, not realizing the effect of their words upon you. It
        is then that you must muster the strength to believe that theirs is only
        an opinion while your plans are based on the principle that all good
        things come to those who hustle while they wait.
        It is too bad that they cannot see your invisible companions,
        persistence, faith, and a worthwhile plan. Smile and walk on.
        There is a Divine Being with whom we can place all our obstacles, all
        our doubts and fears - and then our work begins. We give lovingly of
        friendship, of any kind of help that we are capable of giving, of
        positive words and thoughts and understanding.
        Give without thought of return. For while we are giving with loving
        selflessness, life shapes for us our heart's desire.
        July 23 - Daily Feast
        Much is lost through misunderstanding - and often because we want
        someone to know we are angry. We choose to think they intentionally
        displease us, though we know nothing of their circumstance of what their
        thoughts really were. It must be an ego-building thing to believe that
        someone is trying to offend us. Somehow it gives an importance where
        there had been none. We have the uncanny knack of building a sad story
        with such realism that it makes us think we are more important than we
        are. It is not enjoyable to be the kind of person who wants to
        misunderstand - not only other people, but also life itself. It is
        painful to be unhappy and disagreeable, but some cannot resist the
        ~ It has come to me through the bushes that you are not united
        (agreeable); come to me when you are united. ~
        BIG BEAR
        "...the greatest strength is in gentleness."
        --Leon Shenandoah, ONONDAGA
        Our Elders have taught us many lessons about becoming a Warrior and how
        to think and act like one. We have been told about the power of
        gentleness. We have been told about the power of the stillness. Physical
        power is about effort. Mental power is the opposite. It's about being
        effortless or less any effort. Gentleness is one of the greatest
        attributes of the Warrior and one of the greatest mental powers. It
        takes a lot of love to be gentle. Gentleness is not an ego word.
        Gentleness is the weapon of the Great Spirit.
        My Creator,
        today I will be gentle
        with myself
        and with others.