Daily Meditation~~~~~>

    Message 1 of 92 , Dec 20, 2001
      THINK ON THESE THINGS
      by Joyce Sequichie Hifler
      When we were very young we rode our horses back into the ranch country
      and then we cut our own fresh Christmas tree and brought it home tied
      behind us. The fragrance was wonderful and since we had been making
      decorations out of every bit of bright paper we were ready to decorate
      immediately.
      Everything that went with Christmas was awesome -- the smell of frying
      sausage, a roasting hen, bread pudding, and the program at the school.
      Snows lay deeper then and it was harder to get to a store. One Christmas
      an old Indian that we were particularly fond of brought my grandmother a
      turkey. It was wonderful and she asked him if he had raised it. He said
      no, he just saw it roosting on a fence and he took it before someone
      stole it.
      One year, a niece carved on a dry stick, tied a string to it, and wrote
      a story about what all it could be used for, and it still is in my
      pencil holder. It took effort and creativity and she cared enough to do
      it. This is Christmas and we need to remember that Jesus cared enough to
      do it.
      December 20 - Daily Feast
      Some things deserve to be remembered - others to be forgotten. Many of
      us fail to think and speak positively because our memories are too good.
      We need both - remembering and forgetting - to keep us balanced.
      Remember some of what was wrong so as not to repeat it - and forget some
      of what was right so not to park by it. Every day is a matter of picking
      up and putting down, catching hold of what we want and letting go what
      we do not need. When we are happy, there is nothing worse than recalling
      vividly the miserable times. And when we are miserable, we know that we
      can remember being happy, then we have the capacity to be happy again.
      Remember with understanding - and sometimes remember to forget.
      ~ When the sun goes down, he opens his heart to God, and earlier than
      the sun appears on the hills, he gives thanks for his protection during
      the night. ~
      CORNPLANT 1791
      Elder's Meditation of the Day - December 20
      "My pottery is the handiwork of God."
      --Teresita Naranjo, SANTA CLARA PUEBLO
      The Great One has given every human being at least one special talent
      and one special gift. We need to develop and practice these gifts
      because they are the handiwork of God. Maybe we are artists-when people
      look at our work it puts joy in their hearts; maybe we are singers- when
      people listen to our songs, their hearts are happy; maybe we are writers
      of song or poetry-when people hear or read our work, it may change their
      lives. We need to honor ourselves and our gifts. We need to thank the
      Creator for our talents and our gifts."
      My Creator,
      let me use my
      gifts to further
      Your work on
      the Earth.
      Message 92 of 92 , Jul 3, 2003
        From: gringa@... (Donna) Date: Thu, Jul 3, 2003, 1:22am To:
        [openfires] July 3 - Daily Meditations Reply to:
        openfires@yahoogroups.com
        In the frantic search for something that has meaning to life, we have a
        tendency to do a thing simply because everyone else is doing it. It
        becomes a "thing," a fad that must be done to keep on the inside circle.
        There's little originality, little thought, but a lot of following along
        in beaten paths.
        It is a mistaken idea to believe that all I see with my eyes and the
        limits of my thinking are the limits of the world. There is a tremendous
        interesting world out there never before investigated, and I am an
        individual like no one else.
        It is quite marvelous to break through the shell of the middling and to
        discover the ability to see and feel, and to hear more keenly. Suddenly,
        I can feel more kindly, not because of who I am on this earth, but
        because I'm a child of God.
        I can see more color, more light, more vision because I'm not being
        shown, I'm discovering. My world is no longer based on passing fancies,
        but on lasting built slowly within me, with love.
        We are always rich when we have courage. It is not the circumstance in
        which we find ourselves but how we handle it that makes the difference.
        If nothing ever challenged us we might not know our strength - we might
        never feel the power to overcome something that gives us courage to
        tackle another o ta li, mountain. Giving up does not come on us
        suddenly, but we cultivate it on a daily basis. Everything, success or
        failure - or even mediocrity - settles on us as we get ready for it.
        When we think and talk failure, it happens. When we think we can do
        something, we can do it. It takes as much effort to lose as it does to
        win - sometimes more. But to think courage, to think strength, is the
        breath of life.
        ~ Why don't you talk and go straight and all will be well? ~
        BLACK KETTLE
        "When you are in the woods, you cannot ever be lost. You are surrounded
        by friends and surrounded by God."
        --Joe Coyhis, STOCKBRIDGE-MUNSEE
        Every plant, every animal, every insect, every bird, every tree is made
        up of God. God is life and everything is alive. When you are hunting,
        remember all nature is your friend. All nature has purpose. All nature
        participates in the life cycle. Nature communicates; Nature talks;
        Nature listens; Nature forgives; Nature respects; Nature loves. Nature
        lives in harmony. Nature follows the law. Nature is kind. Nature is
        balance. The woods are alive and beautiful. She is our friend.
        Great Spirit,
        let me honor
        and respect
        the forest