Of Atlantis With Lanaia Lee

  • Royce Holleman
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 12, 2012
      http://www.lanaiaslair.com/

      Show airs live Saturday July 14th 8:00 pm cst
      To listen click the link below
      http://www.paranormalpalace.com

      About the guest

      Lanaia Lee is a 46-year-old who suffered and survived a stroke at age 35 due to high blood pressure. Her disease is called erratic hypertension. Ever since
      the stroke, Lanaia has been in a wheelchair, but she hasn't let that stop her one bit! In Lanaia's own words, "I still rock and roll, and I mean literally roll!"
      Lanaia has also lost six children due to her problem with blood pressure, leaving her with no living children, except for her four-legged friend. He is her
      baby and constant companion. She has been married to a wonderful husband for fourteen years, who is also in a wheelchair, but they live totally
      independently. Although according to Lanaia, "This factor does make life interesting! But we face each challenge with the help of God."
      Her grandmother, a self-professed black witch, raised Lanaia after her mother died when she was eight years old. Why does Lanaia write such dark poetry? In
      Lanaia's words, "I guess being raised with the occult and supernatural explains why I have such a knack for dark poetry. Writing is one of the few things I can
      do that relaxes me. I will probably write for as long as I live because this is something that I really love to do. God gave me this literary gift, so why not use it?"

      About the book

      Of Atlantis The First in a Five-Book Fantasy Series
      Synopsis of Book One

      Of Atlantis is an epic, fantasy novel based on the king of Atlantis known as Archimedes. For some strange reason Archimedes is blessed with a source of
      untapped power. His mother, Cheri's, knows the truth, but his father, King Linus does not, making him very fearful of the young prince, his only son. In
      this first book, we follow Archimedes from his childhood, until he is crowned king, marries and has children of his own.
      His mother, Cheri's, endures a loveless marriage out of a sense of duty to her subjects and to her only son, Archimedes, who she values more than life itself.
      The continent of Atlantis is comprised of multiple countries with five other kings. Political turmoil is rampant and war is always a threat to mankind.
      Before that devastating day when the ocean swallowed the entire continent, they share the joy and strife of life in Atlantis. However, one trusted advisor to
      the king proves to be a formidable archenemy. He knows and covets the awesome powers of Archimedes - his name is Uric.
      After the devastation, which Uric and Archimedes survive because of the special powers they both possess, including their gift of eternal life, Uric
      pursues Archimedes throughout history attempting to steal his power, growing progressively stronger with time.
      But Archimedes was proud, he was regal, he was Of Atlantis

      REVIEW

      "Of Atlantis - I think it is absolutely beautiful. I have to offer a caveat here - this is not my genre. Historical fiction, historical
      romance, historical fantasy - I have never attempted to write any of it. I am strictly American Hardboiled. I agree with
      Raymond Chandler, don't write about anything you haven't slugged in the nose. Having said that, your characters are
      brilliantly drawn. The descriptive passages are sensuous and tangible. The story runs on its own logic, as if it wrote itself.
      The Native Americans believe that, you know. They say that when a story finds an author worthy, it taps them on
      shoulder. . . your talent. This is good, Lanaia, really good. Your deserve all the good that comes from it."
      Blessings,
      ~Barbara Banger, author