Re: Message about "Bird Flu"

    Message 1 of 2 , May 2, 2006
      Something doesn't sit right with me on this bird flu business. It
      seems like we are on a head first collison with a major disaster and
      we have no real plan to fight this.
      Sydney the corrent Bush white house has done a poor job on many issues
      and mishandled scandals and corporate corruption. I am not suprised to
      hear that Bush is up to his eye balls in this bird flu vaccine mess.

      --- In Paranormalvortex@yahoogroups.com, r h <sydneyseas7@...> wrote:
      > "Bird Flu"
      > Do you know that 'bird flu' was discovered in Vietnam 9 years ago?
      > Do you know that barely 100 people have died in the whole world in
      all that time?
      > Do you know that it was the Americans who alerted us to the efficacy
      of the human antiviral TAMIFLU as a preventative.
      > Do you know that TAMIFLU barely alleviates some symptoms of the
      common flu?
      > Do you know that its efficacy against the common flu is questioned
      by a great part of the scientific community?
      > Do you know that against a SUPPOSED mutant virus such as H5N1,
      TAMIFLU barely alleviates the illness?
      > Do you know that to date Avian Flu affects birds only?
      > Do you know who markets TAMIFLU?
      > Do you know who bought the patent for TAMIFLU from ROCHE
      LABORATORIES in 1996?
      > Do you know who was the then president of GILEAD SCIENCES INC. and
      remains a major shareholder?
      > DONALD RUMSFELD, the present Secretary of Defence of the USA.
      > Do you know that the base of TAMIFLU is crushed aniseed?
      > Do you know who controls 90% of the world's production of this tree?
      > ROCHE.
      > Do you know that sales of TAMIFLU were over $254 million in 2004 and
      more than $1000 million in 2005?
      > Do you know how many more millions ROCHE can earn in the coming
      months if the business of fear continues?
      > So the summary of the story is as follows:
      > Bush's friends decide that the medicine TAMIFLU is the solution for
      a pandemic that has not yet occurred and that has caused a hundred
      deaths worldwide in 9 years.
      > This medicine doesn't so much as cure the common flu.
      > In normal conditions the virus does not affect humans.
      > Rumsfeld sells the patent for TAMIFLU to ROCHE for which they pay
      him a fortune.
      > Roche acquires 90% of the global production of crushed aniseed, the
      base for the antivirus.
      > The governments of the entire world threaten a pandemic and then buy
      industrial quantities of the product from Roche.