What to do about Bin Laden and the Tabliban?

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 6, 2001
      Here is a question for you all. What would YOU do if you where president and where faced with this crisis we are dealing with today? I personally will isolate Bin Laden and his buddies, I would send in special ops to try to capture Bin Laden and his buddies. I would also isolate the Taliban and do whatever I can to build an alliance with nations like Isreal and any other nation that is willing to help us build an actual alliance, just just a coaltion as we find out coaltions fall apart quickely after a crisis passes, Look at the gulf war and you will see what I am talking about.

      We need stable allies we can rely on when the sh-t hits the fan. Another thing I would do is clamp down on terrorist cells within America and our allies. I would jointly send trained people in who know what they are doing to assist our allies.

      A big thing we need to do and we know Bu$h is not going to do is we need to teach non violence and peaceful means to resolve conflicts. I am not saying lets not do anything about terrorism, but we must not allow the terrorists to win by driving us to horrible acts just like them.

      Education is key and we must stop acting like ohh we do not have to be careful in global affairs. We must do what we can to open doors for your allies and get away from that isolationist junk that Bu$h tried to do to us until we where attacked by Bin Laden and his Taliban backers.

      We must become less reliant on BIG OIL. We need alternitive forms of energy. This will help because we do not have to deal so much with Middle Eastern nations and get tangled up in their political in fighting and cause more problems with nations that are not unsupportive of the allies.

      We must keep fighting terrorism with all tools that we can come up with without taking civil liberties away. I will never get a National I.D Even if the require it. I will not be bossed around by the terrorists or our own government. We must become a lot more vigilant of all forms of threats to liberty.

      Our government is as good as we allow them to be. Remember we the people are the government not the select few. By what Bu$h did in the last election by stopping the vote makes me really question our so called leadership in D.C. We must question everything, that is the AMERICAN way.

      The mainstream media has always had a very biased view of the world. I never trust what I hear on T.V or Radio. I do listen but I don't believe everything I hear.