Elder's Meditation~~~>

    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 21, 2004
      Elder's Meditation of the Day September 21,2004 "Everything is laid out
      for you. Your path is straight ahead of you. Sometimes it's invisible
      but it's there. You may not know where it's going, but still you have to
      follow that path. It's the path to the Creator. That's the only path
      there is."
      --Leon Shenandoah, ONONDAGA
      Everything on the earth has a purpose and a reason for its existence.
      Every human being is a warrior and every warrior has a song written in
      his/her heart and that song must be sung or the soul forever remains
      restless. This song is always about serving the Great Spirit and helping
      the people. This song is always sung for the people. Many times I need
      to learn much about the difficulties of life. I need to know this, so I
      must experience it. Then I can be of use to the people. Because I am
      experiencing difficulty does not mean I have left the path or that I
      have done something wrong. It means I'm doing the will of the Great
      Spirit during these times of testing. I need to pray constantly to keep
      a good attitude.
      Great Spirit, this I know - You will never leave me, only my doubting
      makes it seem like You do. This I know - Your love is always dependable,
      only my doubting makes it seem like You do. Today remove the doubts from
      my belief system and allow me to stand straight and see You with
      straight eyes.
      :<:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:>
                                    SOMETHING
      EXTRA TO THINK ABOUT
                         Msit
      Nókmaq/All My Relations,
        In my personal days I have some people who try to cause trouble
      and speak about how much better they are than me but I must pray for
      those with sickness in their minds. This kind of attitude was taught to
      them and it certainly is not walking our Traditional road or teachings.
      Gossip is a split tongue and fangs worse than a rattlesnake the venom
      spread has actually caused people to commit suicide.This is not because
      the person was weak minded but because the person could not deal with
      such animosity anymore and gave up. We must be strong in our walk and
      constantly rely on Creator and the Ancestors to guide us through the
      storms.
                    Gitsch
      Manito-Creator,Wásóq-Spiritworld, Thank you for who I am and the
      wonderful walk you
      allow me.
       Welálin-Thank You,Chi-Miigwetch
      .^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^
      "Just a little more for today" Replace the word animals with humans If
      you talk to the animals/HUMANS they will talk with you And you will know
      each other. If you do not talk to them You will not know them, And what
      you do not know you will fear. What one fears,One destroys. Chief Dan
      George
      FREEDOM FOR LEONARD PELTIER "USA's NUMBER ONE POLITICAL PRISONER"
      http://www.freepeltier.org
      Only when the last tree has died And the last river been poisoned And
      the last fish been caught Will we realize that we cannot eat money.
      http://www.anapsid.org/