Elder's Meditation~~~~>

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 17, 2004
      Elder's Meditation of the Day September 17,2004
      "The old people must start talking and the young people must start
      listening."
      --Thomas Banyacya, HOPI
      We are at a critical time in transferring cultural knowledge, spiritual
      ways. During the last few years the young people have not been
      interested in learning the old ways. The only place this knowledge is
      found is among the Elders. We must encourage the young to visit with the
      Elders. The adults need to think also about learning the culture. The
      Elders are getting old and soon will go to the other side. Each of us
      must pause and think about our individual responsibility to learn the
      culture and teach this to our young.
      Great Spirit, help us to learn and remember the old ways.
      :<:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:
                        SOMETHING EXTRA TO
      THINK ABOUT
                       Msit Nókmaq/All My
      Relations,
       It is important to listen to the older people because they have a lot
      to share. But one should not make a deciscion without seeing all sides
      of the coin first. This also keeps the traditions going forward.
                Gitsch Manito-Creator,Wásóq-Spiritworld,
       Thank you for the Elders.
         Welálin-Thank You,Chi-Miigwetch

      .^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.
      "Just a little more for today" Replace the word animals with humans If
      you talk to the animals/HUMANS they will talk with you And you will know
      each other. If you do not talk to them You will not know them, And what
      you do not know you will fear. What one fears,One
      destroys. Chief Dan George
      FREEDOM FOR LEONARD PELTIER "USA's NUMBER ONE POLITICAL PRISONER"
      http://www.freepeltier.org
      Only when the last tree has died And the last river been poisoned And
      the last fish been caught Will we realize that we cannot eat money.
      http://www.anapsid.org/
      Express yourself with Y! Messenger! Free.
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 23, 2004
        Elder's Meditation of the Day September 23,2004 "When that spirit comes,
        we don't ever ask questions. If I don't understand, I just hold onto it.
        Then later down the road, maybe in a couple of years, I understand what
        that spirit meant."
        --Wallace Black Elk, LAKOTA
        At certain spiritual events or happenings, it is possible for the
        spirits to come. Sometimes these spirits look like sparklers of light,
        sometimes you can feel them, sometimes they will look like live human
        beings. The spirits always come for a reason. When we deal with the
        spirit world, we need to be patient. The Great Spirit will tell us the
        meaning of these happenings when He is ready.
        Great Spirit, let me be aware of Your presence.
        :<:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:>
                                SOMETHING
        EXTRA TO THINK ABOUT
                       Msit Nókmaq/All My
        Relations,
          The Spirit world has more say than what some humans believe they
        can have. To dictate to another how to pray,when to pray or where to
        pray is against Creators logic. Daily we need to turn it all over to
        Creator and the Spirit world so they can perform the magic needed to
        help us in our walk. Please do not ever try to control another human
        being,this is not a good thing. We all have a bad enough time trying to
        control our ownselves.
                                Gitsch
        Manito-Creator,Wásóq-Spiritworld, In My prayers I ask for your help
        to walk in the
        beauty that you have set in front of me. When I encounter ugliness
        please help me to pass safely through it. Please help me also to keep
        control of my own life and not other humans, places or things.
            Welálin-Thank You,Chi-Miigwetch