Elder's Meditation~~~>

    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 12, 2004
      Elder's Meditation of the Day September 12,2004 "If you get troubled, go
      and sit by the river. The flowing water will take your troubles away."
      --Joe Coyhis, STOCKBRIDGE-MUNSEE
      Sometimes we get mixed up and we don't know what to do. Go to the river
      or creek. Take your sage and tobacco; sit and be still. Talk to the
      water, offer tobacco and the healing water will take your problems
      downstream. Give thanks.
      Great Spirit, heal my mind today, let me see love.
      :<:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:>
                                SOMETHING
      EXTRA TO THINK ABOUT
                  Msit Nókmaq/All My Relations,
      There is definately something magical about the sound of running water.
      Maybe it reminds us of the sounds we heard when we were inside our
      Mothers womb and the comfort it gives. No matter what it is, the water
      has a close connection to us that we cannot part from. So we always need
      to talk to the water and speak prayers for the water because it is our
      lifeline and a important part of lifes balance.
                                  Gitsch
      Manito-Creator,Wásóq-Spiritworld, The water is in my blood and body
      just as it runs
      through the earth. Thank you for placing me in such an honorable place
      and to help caretake for the water. Please help me to show others the
      importance.
            Welálin-Thank You,Chi-Miigwetch
      .^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^
        "Just a little more for today" Replace the word animals with
      humans If you talk to the animals/HUMANS they will talk with you And you
      will know each other. If you do not talk to them You will not know them,
      And what you do not know you will fear. What one fears,One destroys.
      Chief Dan George
      FREEDOM FOR LEONARD PELTIER "USA's NUMBER ONE POLITICAL PRISONER"
      http://www.freepeltier.org
        Only when the last tree has died And the last river been poisoned
      And the last fish been caught Will we realize that we cannot eat money.
      http://www.anapsid.org/
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 16, 2004
        Elder's Meditation of the Day September 14,2004 "Follow the Old One's
        advise."
        --Tom Porter, MOHAWK
        The Old One is called by many different names - Grandfather, The Four
        directions, Father Sky, Mother Earth. We should seek the advice of the
        Old One to help us build our vision. He will put inside of our mind and
        heart the vision that we are to follow. This vision is recognizable by
        the feeling that it has with it. This feeling is hard to describe. It
        feels "right," it feels calm, it feels joyful, it feels warm, it feels
        sacred. The Old One has a way of letting us know it really it His
        advice. Listen carefully!
        Grandfather, I'm listening.
        :<:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:>
                                      SOMETHING
        EXTRA TO THINK ABOUT
                      Msit Nókmaq/All My
        Relations,
          The old one placed a walk before us yet others seem to believe
        they know and can do better than The old one. This is why there is so
        much disention, arguing and greed. Some do not want to admit they are
        wrong and continue to cut down others so they can look big and
        important; "The Old one has shown us this is not the way to walk". If we
        are so much smarter and higher up on the totem pole then why can't we
        solve all the worldly troubles with a swipe of our hand? It is because
        Creator did not give us that authority to have powers or judge others
        like we are some sort of God.
                        Gitsch
        Manito-Creator,Wásóq-Spiritworld, Thank you Old one for allowing me
        to be me. Thank you
        for my walk and all the hardships and good things that happen in my life
        for purpose.
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 16, 2004
          Elder's Meditation of the Day September 16,2004
          "To me, the wisdom the Elders have to manifest is in teaching people how
          to live in harmony and balance with each other and the Earth."
          --Sun Bear, CHIPPEWA
          You cannot give away what you don't have. You need to give away what you
          have in order to keep it. Our Elders have lived their lives with a lot
          of trial and error. They have experienced how to do things good and they
          have experienced what didn't work for them as they grew old. They know
          things about living that we don't know. So, through the years the Elders
          have gained wisdom. They usually have a whole different point of view
          because of all their experiences. There are two ways to learn. Someone
          tells us what they did and we do the same thing or someone tells us what
          they did and we choose not to do it. Both of these paths will help us to
          live.
          My Creator, teach me about choices and decisions and consequences. Put
          an Elder in my life to guide me.
          :<:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:
                           SOMETHING EXTRA TO
          THINK ABOUT
                          Msit Nókmaq/All My
          Relations,
          We cannot demand that another do as we do. This is not a good path to
          walk. People should be allowed to walk the path Creator has given them
          not a path that someone chooses or tries to dictate. All people are
          different and therefore need to be recognized as individuals not clones.
                    Gitsch Manito-Creator,Wásóq-Spiritworld,
           My path seems so hard at times but I know Creator you walk with me
          continously. This makes my days seem easier to deal with.
                  Welálin-Thank You,Chi-Miigwetch

          .^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.
          "Just a little more for today" Replace the word animals with humans If
          you talk to the animals/HUMANS they will talk with you And you will know
          each other. If you do not talk to them You will not know them, And what
          you do not know you will fear. What one fears,One
          destroys. Chief Dan George
          FREEDOM FOR LEONARD PELTIER "USA's NUMBER ONE POLITICAL PRISONER"
          http://www.freepeltier.org
          Only when the last tree has died And the last river been poisoned And
          the last fish been caught Will we realize that we cannot eat money.
          http://www.anapsid.org/

          **....DISCLAIMER....**
          Permission to repost has been granted to "The Five State Alliance of
          First Americans for WhiteBison.Org"Please support Their efforts at
           http://www.whitebison.org/home.html
          !
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 21, 2004
            Elder's Meditation of the Day September 21,2004 "Everything is laid out
            for you. Your path is straight ahead of you. Sometimes it's invisible
            but it's there. You may not know where it's going, but still you have to
            follow that path. It's the path to the Creator. That's the only path
            there is."
            --Leon Shenandoah, ONONDAGA
            Everything on the earth has a purpose and a reason for its existence.
            Every human being is a warrior and every warrior has a song written in
            his/her heart and that song must be sung or the soul forever remains
            restless. This song is always about serving the Great Spirit and helping
            the people. This song is always sung for the people. Many times I need
            to learn much about the difficulties of life. I need to know this, so I
            must experience it. Then I can be of use to the people. Because I am
            experiencing difficulty does not mean I have left the path or that I
            have done something wrong. It means I'm doing the will of the Great
            Spirit during these times of testing. I need to pray constantly to keep
            a good attitude.
            Great Spirit, this I know - You will never leave me, only my doubting
            makes it seem like You do. This I know - Your love is always dependable,
            only my doubting makes it seem like You do. Today remove the doubts from
            my belief system and allow me to stand straight and see You with
            straight eyes.
            :<:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:>
                                          SOMETHING
            EXTRA TO THINK ABOUT
                               Msit
            Nókmaq/All My Relations,
              In my personal days I have some people who try to cause trouble
            and speak about how much better they are than me but I must pray for
            those with sickness in their minds. This kind of attitude was taught to
            them and it certainly is not walking our Traditional road or teachings.
            Gossip is a split tongue and fangs worse than a rattlesnake the venom
            spread has actually caused people to commit suicide.This is not because
            the person was weak minded but because the person could not deal with
            such animosity anymore and gave up. We must be strong in our walk and
            constantly rely on Creator and the Ancestors to guide us through the
            storms.
                          Gitsch
            Manito-Creator,Wásóq-Spiritworld, Thank you for who I am and the
            wonderful walk you
            allow me.