Elder's Meditation~~~>

    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 11, 2004
      Elder's Meditation of the Day September 11,2004 "Listen to all the
      teachers in the woods. Watch the trees, the animals and all living
      things - you'll learn more from them than from books."
      --Joe Coyhis, STOCKBRIDGE-MUNSEE
      Nature is a living example of how communities live in harmony. If you go
      into the forest or mountain and sit still and watch, ask yourself, what
      lessons are being taught? Then watch how the animals conduct themselves.
      The trees could represent diversity. The flowers could represent people.
      Notice how everything in nature assists one another. See how balance
      works. See how conflict is handled. Can you see acts of forgiveness? Can
      you spot respect? Nature is full of wisdom if we will only consider her
      to be our teacher.
      My Creator, today let me learn from nature.
      :<:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:>
                                SOMETHING
      EXTRA TO THINK ABOUT
                 Msit Nókmaq/All My Relations,
        The greatest balance is Nature its self. My Grandpa always said
      that a person should pay attention to the animals and they would be able
      to learn many things. Man does not do this because if Man did this our
      world would not be in as bad of shape as it is today. It is like some
      people do not hold any respect for life at all. Greed takes its toll and
      money is the ruin of society. Social structures have changed and now
      money is God. Look at the development going on all over. Destroying
      Forests,trash along the streets, Dirty diapers in parking lots. People
      are not in balance. We must continue to pray for them and the eventual
      balance again of the Earth. But many insects and species have been
      driven into extinction because of mans stupidity and ignorance. Man does
      it to his own kind too. Where is the balance?
                                Gitsch
      Manito-Creator,Wásóq-Spiritworld, Please help us to learn balance
      and for us to teach
      it to our children so they may walk in good ways. Welálin-Thank
      You,Chi-Miigwetch
      .^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^
      "Just a little more for today" Replace the word animals with humans If
      you talk to the animals/HUMANS they will talk with you And you will know
      each other. If you do not talk to them You will not know them, And what
      you do not know you will fear. What one fears,One destroys. Chief Dan
      George
        FREEDOM FOR LEONARD PELTIER "USA's NUMBER ONE POLITICAL PRISONER"
      http://www.freepeltier.org
      Only when the last tree has died And the last river been poisoned And
      the last fish been caught Will we realize that we cannot eat money.
      http://www.anapsid.org/
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 12, 2004
        Elder's Meditation of the Day September 12,2004 "If you get troubled, go
        and sit by the river. The flowing water will take your troubles away."
        --Joe Coyhis, STOCKBRIDGE-MUNSEE
        Sometimes we get mixed up and we don't know what to do. Go to the river
        or creek. Take your sage and tobacco; sit and be still. Talk to the
        water, offer tobacco and the healing water will take your problems
        downstream. Give thanks.
        Great Spirit, heal my mind today, let me see love.
        :<:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:>
                                  SOMETHING
        EXTRA TO THINK ABOUT
                    Msit Nókmaq/All My Relations,
        There is definately something magical about the sound of running water.
        Maybe it reminds us of the sounds we heard when we were inside our
        Mothers womb and the comfort it gives. No matter what it is, the water
        has a close connection to us that we cannot part from. So we always need
        to talk to the water and speak prayers for the water because it is our
        lifeline and a important part of lifes balance.
                                    Gitsch
        Manito-Creator,Wásóq-Spiritworld, The water is in my blood and body
        just as it runs
        through the earth. Thank you for placing me in such an honorable place
        and to help caretake for the water. Please help me to show others the
        importance.
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 16, 2004
          Elder's Meditation of the Day September 14,2004 "Follow the Old One's
          advise."
          --Tom Porter, MOHAWK
          The Old One is called by many different names - Grandfather, The Four
          directions, Father Sky, Mother Earth. We should seek the advice of the
          Old One to help us build our vision. He will put inside of our mind and
          heart the vision that we are to follow. This vision is recognizable by
          the feeling that it has with it. This feeling is hard to describe. It
          feels "right," it feels calm, it feels joyful, it feels warm, it feels
          sacred. The Old One has a way of letting us know it really it His
          advice. Listen carefully!
          Grandfather, I'm listening.
          :<:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:>
                                        SOMETHING
          EXTRA TO THINK ABOUT
                        Msit Nókmaq/All My
          Relations,
            The old one placed a walk before us yet others seem to believe
          they know and can do better than The old one. This is why there is so
          much disention, arguing and greed. Some do not want to admit they are
          wrong and continue to cut down others so they can look big and
          important; "The Old one has shown us this is not the way to walk". If we
          are so much smarter and higher up on the totem pole then why can't we
          solve all the worldly troubles with a swipe of our hand? It is because
          Creator did not give us that authority to have powers or judge others
          like we are some sort of God.
                          Gitsch
          Manito-Creator,Wásóq-Spiritworld, Thank you Old one for allowing me
          to be me. Thank you
          for my walk and all the hardships and good things that happen in my life
          for purpose.
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 16, 2004
            Elder's Meditation of the Day September 16,2004
            "To me, the wisdom the Elders have to manifest is in teaching people how
            to live in harmony and balance with each other and the Earth."
            --Sun Bear, CHIPPEWA
            You cannot give away what you don't have. You need to give away what you
            have in order to keep it. Our Elders have lived their lives with a lot
            of trial and error. They have experienced how to do things good and they
            have experienced what didn't work for them as they grew old. They know
            things about living that we don't know. So, through the years the Elders
            have gained wisdom. They usually have a whole different point of view
            because of all their experiences. There are two ways to learn. Someone
            tells us what they did and we do the same thing or someone tells us what
            they did and we choose not to do it. Both of these paths will help us to
            live.
            My Creator, teach me about choices and decisions and consequences. Put
            an Elder in my life to guide me.
            :<:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:
                             SOMETHING EXTRA TO
            THINK ABOUT
                            Msit Nókmaq/All My
            Relations,
            We cannot demand that another do as we do. This is not a good path to
            walk. People should be allowed to walk the path Creator has given them
            not a path that someone chooses or tries to dictate. All people are
            different and therefore need to be recognized as individuals not clones.
                      Gitsch Manito-Creator,Wásóq-Spiritworld,
             My path seems so hard at times but I know Creator you walk with me
            continously. This makes my days seem easier to deal with.
                    Welálin-Thank You,Chi-Miigwetch

            .^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.
            "Just a little more for today" Replace the word animals with humans If
            you talk to the animals/HUMANS they will talk with you And you will know
            each other. If you do not talk to them You will not know them, And what
            you do not know you will fear. What one fears,One
            destroys. Chief Dan George
            FREEDOM FOR LEONARD PELTIER "USA's NUMBER ONE POLITICAL PRISONER"
            http://www.freepeltier.org
            Only when the last tree has died And the last river been poisoned And
            the last fish been caught Will we realize that we cannot eat money.
            http://www.anapsid.org/

            **....DISCLAIMER....**
            Permission to repost has been granted to "The Five State Alliance of
            First Americans for WhiteBison.Org"Please support Their efforts at
             http://www.whitebison.org/home.html
            !
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 21, 2004
              Elder's Meditation of the Day September 21,2004 "Everything is laid out
              for you. Your path is straight ahead of you. Sometimes it's invisible
              but it's there. You may not know where it's going, but still you have to
              follow that path. It's the path to the Creator. That's the only path
              there is."
              --Leon Shenandoah, ONONDAGA
              Everything on the earth has a purpose and a reason for its existence.
              Every human being is a warrior and every warrior has a song written in
              his/her heart and that song must be sung or the soul forever remains
              restless. This song is always about serving the Great Spirit and helping
              the people. This song is always sung for the people. Many times I need
              to learn much about the difficulties of life. I need to know this, so I
              must experience it. Then I can be of use to the people. Because I am
              experiencing difficulty does not mean I have left the path or that I
              have done something wrong. It means I'm doing the will of the Great
              Spirit during these times of testing. I need to pray constantly to keep
              a good attitude.
              Great Spirit, this I know - You will never leave me, only my doubting
              makes it seem like You do. This I know - Your love is always dependable,
              only my doubting makes it seem like You do. Today remove the doubts from
              my belief system and allow me to stand straight and see You with
              straight eyes.
              :<:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:>
                                            SOMETHING
              EXTRA TO THINK ABOUT
                                 Msit
              Nókmaq/All My Relations,
                In my personal days I have some people who try to cause trouble
              and speak about how much better they are than me but I must pray for
              those with sickness in their minds. This kind of attitude was taught to
              them and it certainly is not walking our Traditional road or teachings.
              Gossip is a split tongue and fangs worse than a rattlesnake the venom
              spread has actually caused people to commit suicide.This is not because
              the person was weak minded but because the person could not deal with
              such animosity anymore and gave up. We must be strong in our walk and
              constantly rely on Creator and the Ancestors to guide us through the
              storms.
                            Gitsch
              Manito-Creator,Wásóq-Spiritworld, Thank you for who I am and the
              wonderful walk you
              allow me.