Elder's Meditation~~~>

    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 10, 2004
      Hope your Day is a pleasant one ~~~~> Jeanne ~Butterfly Dancer~

      Elder's Meditation of the Day September 10,2004 "One of the first things
      Seneca children learned was that they might create their own world,
      their own environment, by visualizing actions and desires in prayer. The
      Senecas believed that everything that made life important came from
      within. Prayer assisted in developing a guideline toward discipline and
      self control."
      --Twylah Nitcsh, SENECA
      All permanent and lasting change starts first on the inside and works
      its way out. Having constant prayer and Creator directed visions helps
      us to live in harmony. This is the best way to grow strong and become a
      Warrior. No matter what is going on outside of ourselves, it is our
      projection that makes it so. It is our projections that even give it any
      meaning. Another way is each day to turn our life and our will over to
      the care of the Great Spirit. Then He will show us His desire for us.
      When we are in alignment to His desire, we become very joyful and very
      happy.
      Oh Great Spirit, You take care of me today and tell me what I can do for
      You today. Give me the discipline to talk to You whenever I am in doubt
      or fear. Let me come to You if I get irritated. You are my solution.
      :<:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:>
                                      SOMETHING
      EXTRA TO THINK ABOUT
                  Msit Nókmaq/All My Relations,
        It is important to look inside of ones own self to find the
      answers sometimes not found anywhere else. This needs to be done with a
      walk along side of Creator so we do not get lost on our journey. This is
      learning to seek balance in our lives. Without balance we exist without
      real purpose.
                              Gitsch
      Manito-Creator,Wásóq-Spiritworld, In my walk today I ask you Creator
      to help me find
      answers to things that I may not understand.   Welálin-Thank
      You,Chi-Miigwetch
      .^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^
      "Just a little more for today" Replace the word animals with humans If
      you talk to the animals/HUMANS they will talk with you And you will know
      each other. If you do not talk to them You will not know them, And what
      you do not know you will fear. What one fears,One destroys. Chief Dan
      George
      ----------------------------------------------FREEDOM
      FOR LEONARD PELTIER "USA's NUMBER ONEPOLITICAL PRISONER"
      http://www.freepeltier.org
      Only when the last tree has died And the last river been poisoned And
      the last fish been caught Will we realize that we cannot eat money.
      http://www.anapsid.org/
                                        **....DISCLAIMER....**
      Permission to repost has been granted to "The Five State Alliance of
      First Americans for
      WhiteBison.Org"Please support Their efforts at
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 11, 2004
        Elder's Meditation of the Day September 11,2004 "Listen to all the
        teachers in the woods. Watch the trees, the animals and all living
        things - you'll learn more from them than from books."
        --Joe Coyhis, STOCKBRIDGE-MUNSEE
        Nature is a living example of how communities live in harmony. If you go
        into the forest or mountain and sit still and watch, ask yourself, what
        lessons are being taught? Then watch how the animals conduct themselves.
        The trees could represent diversity. The flowers could represent people.
        Notice how everything in nature assists one another. See how balance
        works. See how conflict is handled. Can you see acts of forgiveness? Can
        you spot respect? Nature is full of wisdom if we will only consider her
        to be our teacher.
        My Creator, today let me learn from nature.
        :<:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:>
                                  SOMETHING
        EXTRA TO THINK ABOUT
                   Msit Nókmaq/All My Relations,
          The greatest balance is Nature its self. My Grandpa always said
        that a person should pay attention to the animals and they would be able
        to learn many things. Man does not do this because if Man did this our
        world would not be in as bad of shape as it is today. It is like some
        people do not hold any respect for life at all. Greed takes its toll and
        money is the ruin of society. Social structures have changed and now
        money is God. Look at the development going on all over. Destroying
        Forests,trash along the streets, Dirty diapers in parking lots. People
        are not in balance. We must continue to pray for them and the eventual
        balance again of the Earth. But many insects and species have been
        driven into extinction because of mans stupidity and ignorance. Man does
        it to his own kind too. Where is the balance?
                                  Gitsch
        Manito-Creator,Wásóq-Spiritworld, Please help us to learn balance
        and for us to teach
        it to our children so they may walk in good ways. Welálin-Thank
        You,Chi-Miigwetch
        .^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 12, 2004
          Elder's Meditation of the Day September 12,2004 "If you get troubled, go
          and sit by the river. The flowing water will take your troubles away."
          --Joe Coyhis, STOCKBRIDGE-MUNSEE
          Sometimes we get mixed up and we don't know what to do. Go to the river
          or creek. Take your sage and tobacco; sit and be still. Talk to the
          water, offer tobacco and the healing water will take your problems
          downstream. Give thanks.
          Great Spirit, heal my mind today, let me see love.
          :<:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:>
                                    SOMETHING
          EXTRA TO THINK ABOUT
                      Msit Nókmaq/All My Relations,
          There is definately something magical about the sound of running water.
          Maybe it reminds us of the sounds we heard when we were inside our
          Mothers womb and the comfort it gives. No matter what it is, the water
          has a close connection to us that we cannot part from. So we always need
          to talk to the water and speak prayers for the water because it is our
          lifeline and a important part of lifes balance.
                                      Gitsch
          Manito-Creator,Wásóq-Spiritworld, The water is in my blood and body
          just as it runs
          through the earth. Thank you for placing me in such an honorable place
          and to help caretake for the water. Please help me to show others the
          importance.
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 16, 2004
            Elder's Meditation of the Day September 14,2004 "Follow the Old One's
            advise."
            --Tom Porter, MOHAWK
            The Old One is called by many different names - Grandfather, The Four
            directions, Father Sky, Mother Earth. We should seek the advice of the
            Old One to help us build our vision. He will put inside of our mind and
            heart the vision that we are to follow. This vision is recognizable by
            the feeling that it has with it. This feeling is hard to describe. It
            feels "right," it feels calm, it feels joyful, it feels warm, it feels
            sacred. The Old One has a way of letting us know it really it His
            advice. Listen carefully!
            Grandfather, I'm listening.
            :<:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:>
                                          SOMETHING
            EXTRA TO THINK ABOUT
                          Msit Nókmaq/All My
            Relations,
              The old one placed a walk before us yet others seem to believe
            they know and can do better than The old one. This is why there is so
            much disention, arguing and greed. Some do not want to admit they are
            wrong and continue to cut down others so they can look big and
            important; "The Old one has shown us this is not the way to walk". If we
            are so much smarter and higher up on the totem pole then why can't we
            solve all the worldly troubles with a swipe of our hand? It is because
            Creator did not give us that authority to have powers or judge others
            like we are some sort of God.
                            Gitsch
            Manito-Creator,Wásóq-Spiritworld, Thank you Old one for allowing me
            to be me. Thank you
            for my walk and all the hardships and good things that happen in my life
            for purpose.
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 16, 2004
              Elder's Meditation of the Day September 16,2004
              "To me, the wisdom the Elders have to manifest is in teaching people how
              to live in harmony and balance with each other and the Earth."
              --Sun Bear, CHIPPEWA
              You cannot give away what you don't have. You need to give away what you
              have in order to keep it. Our Elders have lived their lives with a lot
              of trial and error. They have experienced how to do things good and they
              have experienced what didn't work for them as they grew old. They know
              things about living that we don't know. So, through the years the Elders
              have gained wisdom. They usually have a whole different point of view
              because of all their experiences. There are two ways to learn. Someone
              tells us what they did and we do the same thing or someone tells us what
              they did and we choose not to do it. Both of these paths will help us to
              live.
              My Creator, teach me about choices and decisions and consequences. Put
              an Elder in my life to guide me.
              :<:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:
                               SOMETHING EXTRA TO
              THINK ABOUT
                              Msit Nókmaq/All My
              Relations,
              We cannot demand that another do as we do. This is not a good path to
              walk. People should be allowed to walk the path Creator has given them
              not a path that someone chooses or tries to dictate. All people are
              different and therefore need to be recognized as individuals not clones.
                        Gitsch Manito-Creator,Wásóq-Spiritworld,
               My path seems so hard at times but I know Creator you walk with me
              continously. This makes my days seem easier to deal with.
                      Welálin-Thank You,Chi-Miigwetch

              .^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.^.

               http://www.whitebison.org/home.html
              !
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 21, 2004
                Elder's Meditation of the Day September 21,2004 "Everything is laid out
                for you. Your path is straight ahead of you. Sometimes it's invisible
                but it's there. You may not know where it's going, but still you have to
                follow that path. It's the path to the Creator. That's the only path
                there is."
                --Leon Shenandoah, ONONDAGA
                Everything on the earth has a purpose and a reason for its existence.
                Every human being is a warrior and every warrior has a song written in
                his/her heart and that song must be sung or the soul forever remains
                restless. This song is always about serving the Great Spirit and helping
                the people. This song is always sung for the people. Many times I need
                to learn much about the difficulties of life. I need to know this, so I
                must experience it. Then I can be of use to the people. Because I am
                experiencing difficulty does not mean I have left the path or that I
                have done something wrong. It means I'm doing the will of the Great
                Spirit during these times of testing. I need to pray constantly to keep
                a good attitude.
                Great Spirit, this I know - You will never leave me, only my doubting
                makes it seem like You do. This I know - Your love is always dependable,
                only my doubting makes it seem like You do. Today remove the doubts from
                my belief system and allow me to stand straight and see You with
                straight eyes.
                :<:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:>
                                              SOMETHING
                EXTRA TO THINK ABOUT
                                   Msit
                Nókmaq/All My Relations,
                  In my personal days I have some people who try to cause trouble
                and speak about how much better they are than me but I must pray for
                those with sickness in their minds. This kind of attitude was taught to
                them and it certainly is not walking our Traditional road or teachings.
                Gossip is a split tongue and fangs worse than a rattlesnake the venom
                spread has actually caused people to commit suicide.This is not because
                the person was weak minded but because the person could not deal with
                such animosity anymore and gave up. We must be strong in our walk and
                constantly rely on Creator and the Ancestors to guide us through the
                storms.
                              Gitsch
                Manito-Creator,Wásóq-Spiritworld, Thank you for who I am and the
                wonderful walk you
                allow me.