ECTV WARNING: LARGEST SOLAR FLARE EVER RECORDED

  • Samantha Synder
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 4, 2003
      ECTV WARNING: LARGEST SOLAR FLARE EVER RECORDED HAS JUST OCCURRED...11/04/03
      by Mitch Battros (ECTV)

      This is an official press release....

      At 12:40 PM (MDT) the largest solar flare ever recorded has occurred. It
      came from sunspot region 486. Luckily, region 486 is at the furthest portion
      of the Sun's western limb, therefore minimizing the effects to Earth.

      "This solar flare was the largest I have ever seen" said Dr. Ernest Hildner,
      director of the NOAA/NASA Space Weather Center. "The solar flare that
      occurred today was so large, we do not have a chart high enough to register
      it. My best guess would be between a X-25 and an X-30."

      Dr. Hildner went on to state when the solar flare hit the measuring
      instruments "we maxed out the instruments". The needles were pegged for at
      least 11 minutes. Due to the solar flares position on the Sun, it is
      expected to take three times longer to hit the Earth's magnetic field. Dr.
      Hildner reports it will take two to seven hours depending on the speed of
      the charged particles.

      Airlines have been alerted to this event, and most likely several flights
      will be diverted. An alert has gone out to all power grid stations and
      satellite operators.

      Listen to tonight show for more details. Click on the following link during
      the time of the show. Time 7 to 8 PM Pacific Time
      Listen: http://www.live365.com/stations/earthchanges?site=earthchanges

      Watch for a follow up alert within the hour.

      http://www.earthchangestv.com

      Send a QuickGreet with MSN Messenger
      http://www.msnmessenger-download.com/tracking/cdp_games