Is This the "Smoking Gun" re: Blackout?

  • Samantha Synder
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 17, 2003
      Is This the "Smoking Gun" re: Blackout?...08/17/03
      by Mitch Battros (ECTV)

      Were you aware SOHO was off-line five hours prior to, during, and after, the
      August 14th blackout? It is impossible for
      anyone to have come forward to make an "absolute" statement that geomagnetic
      storms did not play a role. Even Nasa's
      popular 'spaceweather' site did not completely rule out this possibility.
      Here is Dr. Tony Phillips statement: "Readers have
      asked if solar activity could be responsible for the widespread blackout in
      the eastern US and Canada. Not likely.
      There were no strong solar flares or geomagnetic activity yesterday to
      trigger the outage." Not likely! is that a yes or
      a no?. Or does it mean... possibly, but maybe not?

      I have had heated disputes with Mr. Phillips in the past. I have found him
      to be nothing more than a "company man" willing to
      compromise his integrity for the good of the company. In this case, the
      company is none other than NASA. Mr. Phillips has a
      history of demoralizing reasonable 'dissent'. He attacks those who are
      "outside" the company and is quick to pigeon-hole and
      belittle those who oppose him. As a result of Mr. Phillips behavior and
      subsequent disingenuous cause and effect reflex, I no
      longer have confidence in the spaceweather.com site and Mr. Phillips display
      of "subjective" analogy. I have turned my
      attention, as with astronomy, to the thousands of amateur solar observers
      across the nation and the world.

      As part of Earth Changes TV's zeal for truth and accuracy, I search and seek
      out, highly talented and credible "independent"
      sources when evaluating events, predictions, trends, and outcomes. I will go
      on record at this moment to state, I have
      reasonable doubt corporate officials and regulators have chosen the path of
      "disclosure". Information is coming forth which
      suggest those in corporate administration have been ordered, or have
      personally chosen, the road of "omission".
      See Article: 'Disclosure vs Omission':
      http://www.earthchangestv.com/breaking/2003/august_2003/01battle.htm

      My intention is not to imply I have the answers. I do not. I have questions
      and healthy discernment which sometimes evolves
      into 'dissent' from old school ingrained corporations and academic formulas.
      I have written extensively on this difficult journey
      in my book 'Solar Rain'. Chapter ten: "NASA, NOAA and a Thing Called Peer
      Review".

      What I am about to disclose is a graph produced by Prof. Kanji Hayashi of
      the Department of Earth and Planetary Physics,
      University of Tokyo. He monitors geomagnetic fields with a devise called the
      'HAARP Induction Magnetometer'.

      Now, before I go further, I must disclose my reservations of popular
      internet theories of HAARP being some kind of human
      emotion mechanism to control the masses. This is in my "gray" box, meaning I
      will keep an open mind, but as yet have not
      seen reasonable evidence which suggest any such application. But remember,
      just because I do not believe in most of what I
      have read regards HAARP, does not make it "the truth", it only makes it "my
      truth". It is up to each individual to use their
      own personal sense of 'discernment'.

      When venturing into areas not widely accepted by main-stream sources, I
      fully expect to be scrutinized, at times with extreme
      prejudice, for introducing new theories or condoning those who have not been
      accepted by existing lobbyist for large
      corporations. For this reason, it has become extremely important for Earth
      Changes TV to produce, or disclose, information
      that I can back up under intense pressure's of 'peer review'. You can
      imagine the tight-rope I must often endure. But perhaps
      this is how it should be. Otherwise, the total non-sense you witness on the
      internet, which I believe to be approx. 90%,
      would go unchallenged. See Article: The Challenge of a 'Shifting' Scientific
      Paradigm
      http://www.earthchangestv.com/breaking/2003/august_2003/08challenge.htm

      The image below is a 24 hour time-frequency spectrogram, which shows the
      frequency content of signals recorded by the
      HAARP Induction Magnetometer. This instrument, provided by the University of
      Tokyo, measures temporal variations in the
      geomagnetic field in the ULF (ultra-low frequency) range of 0-5 Hz. The
      spectrogram images are produced by computing the

      PSD (power spectral density) of successive 102.4-second segments of
      time-series data, and plotting these spectra as
      color/intensity slices along a 24-hour scale.

      Note the graph indicates a "spike" a few minutes before 20:00 hours UTC.
      That translates to 4:00 PM (Eastern Daylight
      Time). Given the short period of time charged particles would effect a power
      grid, would put the time frame at "exactly" the
      time of the August 14th blackout which was 4:11 PM (Eastern Daylight Time)

      Smoking Gun?: http://www.earthchangestv.net/HaarpSpike.gif

      The induction magnetometer detects temporal variation of the geomagnetic
      field based on Faraday's law of magnetic
      induction. This instrument, which was provided by the University of Tokyo,
      is composed of three individual sensors. Each
      sensor is comprised of a large number of turns of fine copper wire wound
      around a rod with high magnetic permeability. The
      sensitivity of each sensor is determined by the effective area of the
      detection coil, that is, the cross sectional area of each
      winding, and the number of turns, and by magnetic flux density threading the
      coil. The magnetic flux density is enhanced by a
      factor of approximately 1,000 by the high-permeability metal core.

      The induction magnetometer installed at the HAARP site is designed to detect
      a signal level of a few picoTesla (pT) at 1 Hz.
      The over all frequency response of the magnetometer is shaped by Faraday's
      law at frequencies below 1 Hz and by active
      filters at frequencies above 1 Hz. Below 1 Hz the coil response is
      proportional to the time derivative of the magnetic field and
      thereby gives a response proportional to the frequency. Above 1 Hz, signals
      are suppressed by a low-pass filter with a
      corner frequency at 2.5 Hz. The filter response diminishes by 24 dB per
      octave above the corner frequency and thereby
      eliminates interference from 60 Hz radiation. The magnetometer sensors are
      aligned along the magnetic north, magnetic east
      and vertical directions to form an orthogonal measure of the derivative of
      the field. The sensor outputs are amplified by
      40,000 and sampled at a 10 Hz rate with 16-bit resolution in a full scale of
      10 Volts.

      Typical signals

      Magnetic field variations of interest in this program are those induced by
      electric currents in the ionosphere. The major signal
      categories detected by the induction magnetometer are short period magnetic
      pulsation's such as Pc1, Pc2, Pc3, PiB, and
      PiC
      in a frequency range above a few tens of milliHertz. Among these, the
      induction magnetometer most efficiently detects Pc1
      waves in the frequency range from 0.1 Hz to 3 Hz. Pc1 signals are the result
      of ion-cyclotron radiation generated near the
      equatorial plane of the outer-magnetosphere that make their way to the
      ionosphere guided by the magnetic lines of force. In
      addition, signals generated in the atmosphere that are caused by lightening
      discharges, the Schuman resonances, are also
      detected and sometimes become strong enough to mask signals from the
      ionosphere.

      Spectrogram Processing

      The HAARP Induction Magnetometer was provided by Prof. Kanji Hayashi of the
      Department of Earth and Planetary
      Physics,
      University of Tokyo. This instrument measures the geomagnetic field using
      three orthogonal sensors aligned along the
      magnetic
      north (Bx), magnetic east (By), and vertical (Bz) directions. The data
      acquisition system samples these signals continuously at
      10 Hz rate with 16-bit resolution, producing time-series data.

      Data processing for this instrument begins by converting the binary
      time-series to the HAARP standard net CDF format.
      These
      net CDF files contain the same time-series data, but include scale factors
      and other meta data to provide self-describing data
      sets. New data files are created each day at 00:00 UTC. Each 24-hour net CDF
      data file is approximately 5.6 MB in size,
      containing 864,000 samples of Bx, By, and Bz.

      Spectrograms are produced from the time-series by computing the Power
      Spectral Density (PSD) of successive 102.4
      second
      (1024 point) segments of data using the Fast Fourier Transform (FFT)
      technique. Each 24-hour continuous time-series yields

      844 individual PSD plots with 0.01 Hz resolution from 0 to 5.0 Hz. The
      spectrograms are visualized using a color/intensity
      map
      to produce a 2-D image from the data. The DISLIN Scientific Data Plotting
      library is used to generate the plots.

      HAARP: http://www.haarp.alaska.edu/haarp/Rio.html

      Smoking Gun?: http://www.earthchangestv.net/HaarpSpike.gif

      Earth Changes TV 'Radio Hour'

      Tuesday August 19th: Ian Lungold - Ian has spent many years studying the
      Maya culture, and is one of the few who can
      truly read and assess the Mayan Calendar. Website:
      http://www.mayanmajix.com/

      Thursday August 21st: Dr. Louis Turi - Author of "Moon Power Starguide"
      Ceator of something called 'Divine Astrology'
      Website: http://www.drturi.com/

      Thought For The Day

      "Vision enables you to glimpse into the future, to sense its hope and power,
      because you yourself are the means
      for that future's creation."

      - Sara
      Paddison