Daily Meditation~~>

    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 31, 2003
      From: gringa@... (Donna) Date: Thu, Jul 31, 2003, 9:05am To:
      [Tradition_OF_The_Redroad] July 31 - Daily Meditations Reply to:
      In this day of emphasis on right connections with the right people, into
      the right places, at the right time, we must have truly extraordinary
      qualities to become successes on our own.
      They who have worked hard and achieved success often carry a double
      burden by wrongful accusations of being privileged characters. Perhaps
      some to whom doors automatically open because of right connections seem
      to be privileged characters, but they, like dictators, have a limited
      existence.
      Having connections may help us on the ladder of life, but it will never
      keep those rungs steady beneath our feet. Only our own greatness keeps
      us tall, sun-crowned. We must have something to give, something to offer
      before we can expect to be truly privileged characters. And then, we
      will have earned the right to our privileges. We are somewhat like God,
      blamed for much we don't do and seldom given credit for the good we have
      done.
      Whatever the future, the world still needs citizens like those J.G.
      Holland wrote about nearly a century ago: "God give us men. The times
      demand strong minds, great hearts, true faith, and willing hands....Tall
      men, sun-crowned, who live above the fog, in public duty and in private
      thinking!"
      Rejoice when the going gets rough, when everything turns mean. It is
      time to shout and clap our hands - if only in the privacy of our own
      minds. To rejoice in difficulty doesn't seem reasonable, because the
      natural way would be to give up and cry. But we rebound from trouble
      faster when we turn off the tears and turn on the joy. It comes from the
      inside and goes to the outside - and that is how the u hi so di, the
      spell or gloom, is broken. If we have never done it before, we need to
      learn how to think joy and act joyful, because the heart is listening -
      and it is out of the heart that all issues are settled.
      ~ I beg you now to believe that, all miserable as we seem in your eye,
      we consider ourselves nevertheless much happier than you. ~
      GASPESIAN CHIEF,  1676
      Look behind you. See your sons and your daughters. They are your future.
      Look farther and see your sons' and your daughters' children and their
      children's children even unto the Seventh Generation. That's the way we
      were taught. Think about it: you yourself are a Seventh Generation."
      --Leon Shenandoah, ONONDAGA
      The Creator designed us with a free will. That means we function from
      choices and consequences. It is important that we practice thinking
      about consequences before we make decisions about choices. Every choice
      I make is like setting up dominos one after the other that produce
      consequences. Not just for me but also for my children and for the
      children that are unborn. My choices and decision today will have
      consequences for seven generations. For example, if I work on my own
      spiritual development and I walk the Red Road, the odds are that my
      children will. They will marry and their children will follow the Red
      Road and so will my grandchildren even up to the seventh generation.
      This will happen because of the choices and decisions that I make today.
      Great Spirit,
      grant that the choices
      and decisions that I make today
      will honor