Daily Meditato

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 21 10:58 AM
      From: gringa@... (Donna) Date: Mon, Jul 21, 2003, 8:28am To:
      [openfires] July 21 - Daily Meditations Reply to:
      openfires@yahoogroups.com
      "There is no royal road to anything - One thing at a time, and all
      things in succession. That which grows slowly endures."
      - J.G. Holland.
      The first lessons we have to learn is that instant success in anything
      is a fantasy. The overnight success stories we hear about are really
      products of much preparation.
      If we could view a life laid out before us, we could see it is much like
      a hand sewn quilt, built of many tiny pieces, colors of every hue,
      fabrics of every kind, and patiently joined together by tiny stitches to
      give many years of service. Maybe we missed a stitch someplace and it
      caused a weak place, but the strength of many other stitches will carry
      it through. Finally a complete quilt has been created and it is strong
      and lasting.
      When we truly want to move ahead we build our lives a quilt block at a
      time, patiently adding to another part of life until we have the
      strength and courage to endure.
      Take on step at a time, but take it positively forward! The patience
      will be rewarded. To have a dream come true we must first have a dream.
      Don't look back. The past is gone, but the future is still in our hands.
      When we are appalled at the other person's ignorance, it is hard to
      believe that our own is just as profound. We stand in awe that they do
      not see what is so apparent, but in all our self-confidence we are as
      much in the dark as the next person. We are just ignorant on different
      subjects. What one person studies intensely may mean nothing to someone
      involved in another idea. But it takes all of us to make up the families
      of the world. We each have a purpose - and none of us quite like
      another. Time, circumstances, and beliefs have separated some as far as
      the east is from the west. It is not that we were created to be nu da le
      hna v, different or separated - but that we chose. We chose. We had the
      freedom to choose, and therein lies the difference.
      ~ You think I am a fool, but you are a greater fool than I am. ~
      SITTING BULL
      "You must speak straight so that your words may go as sunlight into our
      hearts."
      --Cochise "Like Ironweed" CHIRICAHUA APACHE
      Come into my heart this morning. Allow me this day to live in the now.
      Help me to see all the beauty You have created in all things. Let me
      know myself. Today, as I make mistakes, let me see them as lessons.
      Guide me. When I see others make mistakes, let me honor them for where
      they are. Let me realize that they are Your children and only You, my
      Grandfather, knows what is really going on. When my lips move, let the
      words be Your words.
      Allow me to have
      the courage to speak
      Your truth.