Daily Meditation~~~>

    Message 1 of 87 , Jul 20, 2003
      From: gringa@... (Donna) Date: Sun, Jul 20, 2003, 2:12pm To:
      [Tradition_OF_The_Redroad] July 20 - Daily Meditations Reply to:
      Life equips us in many ways for very special purposes. Some never catch
      the high vision as to why they may be the object of ridicule or the
      witness of cruelty - while others bear the brunt of many heartaches and
      still are capable of knowing compassion for those who cause it.
      Jesus was such a man - He withstood more than we are able to comprehend,
      but He asked that His tormentors be forgiven for they knew not what they
      were doing.
      It is our individual decision whether we choose to be one of the throng
      of agitators who see only to confirm what everyone else is doing, or we
      can catch the vision of greater things and walk firmly in paths we
      believe are right.
      To fall into the role of just another face in the crowd is an ill-chosen
      path, but to lead others to follow is the essence of parasitism - the
      need to have others be just as nameless and even more dependent.
      The hours were longer when we were children. Summer was a time of
      sunlight, bare feet, and shade trees. We fished in a creek with a
      crooked pole and feasted on potatoes and onions cooked over an open
      fire, which the Cherokee calls a tsi la. It was a good time, and we
      expected everything to be good. There was time to daydream - or hide out
      in a secret place and be quiet. Now we have less time and more
      responsibility - or have we let fear steal our joy? If we let it, it
      will tell us we can't remember details, we hear less, our vision is
      blurred and we are afraid of what we see and read. Fear is a contaminate
      that dulls our senses. But it can't affect us when we turn around and
      renew and restore our minds. The creek and the sunperch are still there
      to help.
      ~ We sang songs that carried in their melodies all the sounds of nature
      - the running of waters, the sighing of winds, and the calls of the
      animals. Teach your children..... ~
      AMERICAN INDIAN
      "When you begin a great work you can't expect to finish it all at once;
      therefore, do you and your brothers press on and let nothing discourage
      you until you have entirely finished what you have begun."
      --Teedyuschung, DELAWARE
      All things have their seasons. All thoughts are real. We must think to
      cause action and each action creates results. Big visions require many
      thoughts. It takes a series of thoughts to create a series of actions. A
      series of actions creates a series of results. These results are what
      makes vision become real. If we are here to serve the Creator then we
      can expect to be accomplishing big visions. How do we do this: One step
      at a time.
      Let me focus
      on what needs to be done
      today.
      Give me clear thoughts
      to accomplish the results
      that you, my Creator,
      would have me accomplish.
      Message 87 of 87 , Jul 31, 2003
        Hi All Donna will be posting the daily Meditation starting tomorrow i
        will be on a vacation for until Sept 4th thank you Donna ~Will miss you
        all ~Have a good summer Hugs~~~~~~~>Jeanne

        From: gringa@... (Donna) Date: Wed, Jul 30, 2003, 10:01am To:
        [Tradition_OF_The_Redroad] July 30 - Daily Meditations Reply to:
        We pray for a change, we hope for a change, but we wait impatiently. Is
        God not hearing us? We asked. Where is the answers?
        If our prayers were suddenly answered, would we be ready? Or would we
        look behind us for the familiar things, the people, the habits, the
        routine?
        If we were instantly healed, instantly prospered, instantly sought after
        and loved, then what would we do? Attention, compassion and self-pity
        are sometimes more important than having everything changed for the
        better. The fear of being without something to keep us working with the
        same burden, dealing with familiar pain, can stop us from knowing what
        it is to be free and well.
        If we can envision life without a particular problem we can turn our
        minds to real change and have it happen. If we can see change, receive
        it, and know the joy, then gratitude and thanksgiving sets it in place.
        We talk about choosing our friends, but true friends are self-selected.
        It is they who decide to respond and by what method. And finally they
        make themselves our friends by being loyal and having a genuine concern
        for our well being - or allowing privacy when it is needed.
        Acquaintances wait and judge. And sometimes it is better to be
        acquaintances when we cannot find a common ground on which to be
        friends. There is honesty in admitting we cannot be dear friends to all
        people. But there is always something special. A friend is a unali -
        without question or fear or concern for equal time. This is why friends
        are dear to us. They have chosen to be so.
        ~ The white man does not obey the Great Spirit; that is why the Indian
        never could agree with him. ~
        FLYING HAWK
        "You want to know who's a real medicine man? He's the one who doesn't
        say 'I'm a medicine man.' He doesn't ask you to come to him. You've got
        to go and ask him. And you'll find he's always there among his own
        people."
        --Louis Farmer, ONONDAGA
        The Medicine Man is a role model of what it is like to live in harmony
        and balance with the Creator. It takes a long time, a lot of sacrifice
        and discipline to become a Medicine Man. A Medicine Man is humble and
        never crass about anything. He knows he lives to do the will of the
        Great Spirit. He knows he is to help the people. He lives very low key -
        the more low key he lives, the more people seek him out - and such is
        life. The more one serves the people and is quiet about it, the more he
        is sought out. The quieter he is, the more powerful is his medicine.
        Great Spirit,
        allow me this day
        to be humble.
        Allow me this day