Daily Meditation~~~>

    Message 1 of 87 , Jul 15, 2003
      From: gringa@... (Donna) Date: Tue, Jul 15, 2003, 8:12am To:
      [openfires] July 15 - Daily Meditations Reply to:
      openfires@yahoogroups.com
      What is the texture of life?
      Texture is that finely woven fabric of life that demands we have a
      congenial environment. It asks that we be industrious toward success,
      and that we should have a way of life, a purpose. We should hear the
      music of life and taste the bitter and the sweet.
      Texture requires us to research every experience and learn the lessons
      in it. It orders us to communicate with life and make discoveries about
      ourselves and progress toward a texture where the coarse has been
      refined.
      Frequently we should examine the texture of life to identify the
      quality. How wide is my world? How high is my sky?
      All of us should know our own makeup, our capabilities, our gifts with
      which we have been divinely endowed. And we should think long on these
      words from Edna St. Vincent Millay's Renascence:
      "The world stands out on either side no wider than the heart is wide.
      Above the world is stretched the sky, no higher than the soul is high."
      A shallow river that is not deep enough to hold all the water that runs
      into it during the rainy season is always in danger of pushing out of
      its banks. When it overflows, everything is in danger. Those who live
      near such a river know the must be prepared. They have seen havoc
      wreaked on everything in its way. But they have the same feeling about
      people who are so like the river. Such people have no control and no
      depths, and tend to push into the lives of others persons. Many of the
      walls we build are to protect us from intrusion. The Cherokees remember
      that need for a li s de lv to di, safety or protection, and will not
      again be caught in the floodtide.
      ~ No man of my race has ever stood there before. The flood rises,
      looking upward I see a steep, stony path. I lead the way up.... ~
      STANDING BEAR
      "We are nothing compared to His power, and we feel and know it."
      --Black Hawk, SAUK
      Inside of every man and woman is a place of knowing. In this place is
      the knowing that there is a Great One, the Great Mystery, the Holy One,
      the Great Spirit. We can deny this all we want but we know what we know.
      This place of knowing is at the very center of our being. It is
      gratifying to know that God cannot leave us. It is said we are spiritual
      beings trying to be human. With this power in our lives, we can
      accomplish much. We can do many good things for our people.
      Oh Great Spirit,
      I know of Your power.
      I love the days
      when I can feel
      Your presence.
      Let today
      be one of those days.
      Let me walk today
      in Your beauty.
      Message 87 of 87 , Jul 31, 2003
        Hi All Donna will be posting the daily Meditation starting tomorrow i
        will be on a vacation for until Sept 4th thank you Donna ~Will miss you
        all ~Have a good summer Hugs~~~~~~~>Jeanne

        From: gringa@... (Donna) Date: Wed, Jul 30, 2003, 10:01am To:
        [Tradition_OF_The_Redroad] July 30 - Daily Meditations Reply to:
        We pray for a change, we hope for a change, but we wait impatiently. Is
        God not hearing us? We asked. Where is the answers?
        If our prayers were suddenly answered, would we be ready? Or would we
        look behind us for the familiar things, the people, the habits, the
        routine?
        If we were instantly healed, instantly prospered, instantly sought after
        and loved, then what would we do? Attention, compassion and self-pity
        are sometimes more important than having everything changed for the
        better. The fear of being without something to keep us working with the
        same burden, dealing with familiar pain, can stop us from knowing what
        it is to be free and well.
        If we can envision life without a particular problem we can turn our
        minds to real change and have it happen. If we can see change, receive
        it, and know the joy, then gratitude and thanksgiving sets it in place.
        We talk about choosing our friends, but true friends are self-selected.
        It is they who decide to respond and by what method. And finally they
        make themselves our friends by being loyal and having a genuine concern
        for our well being - or allowing privacy when it is needed.
        Acquaintances wait and judge. And sometimes it is better to be
        acquaintances when we cannot find a common ground on which to be
        friends. There is honesty in admitting we cannot be dear friends to all
        people. But there is always something special. A friend is a unali -
        without question or fear or concern for equal time. This is why friends
        are dear to us. They have chosen to be so.
        ~ The white man does not obey the Great Spirit; that is why the Indian
        never could agree with him. ~
        FLYING HAWK
        "You want to know who's a real medicine man? He's the one who doesn't
        say 'I'm a medicine man.' He doesn't ask you to come to him. You've got
        to go and ask him. And you'll find he's always there among his own
        people."
        --Louis Farmer, ONONDAGA
        The Medicine Man is a role model of what it is like to live in harmony
        and balance with the Creator. It takes a long time, a lot of sacrifice
        and discipline to become a Medicine Man. A Medicine Man is humble and
        never crass about anything. He knows he lives to do the will of the
        Great Spirit. He knows he is to help the people. He lives very low key -
        the more low key he lives, the more people seek him out - and such is
        life. The more one serves the people and is quiet about it, the more he
        is sought out. The quieter he is, the more powerful is his medicine.
        Great Spirit,
        allow me this day
        to be humble.
        Allow me this day