Large 7.6 Earthquake Hits Isolated Carlsberg Ridge

  • Samantha Synder
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 15 5:16 PM
      Large 7.6 Earthquake Hits Isolated Carlsberg Ridge...07/15/03
      by Mitch Battros (ECTV)

      Although Carlsberg Ridge is a remote area in near the Indian Ocean, there is
      great danger of a possible tsunami. The
      epicenter of this quake is approximate 1650 km (1030 miles) SW of Colombo,
      Sri Lanka. At this time, I have not received
      an official NOAA tsunami report. It this occurs, I will post immediately.

      Now to the Gulf of Mexico. Hurricane Claudette has come ashore in Texas near
      Corpus Christi. Surfers were treated with
      12 to 20 foot waves. Winds have been clocked at over 80 mph.

      New 'record high' temperature hits Arizona. Monday's Phoenix high
      temperature hit a record 116 degrees and energy
      provider Salt River Project also hit a record high for energy demand of
      5,446 megawatts.

      As you might have guessed, solar activity has remained high. Since SOHO went
      down, we are unable to be accurate. Nasa
      reported three M-Class flares over the last five days. Today's sunspot count
      is (approximately) 159. Again, this can only be a
      best guess estimate since SOHO's crash.

      I would expect continued floods, high winds and micro-burst, and "record"
      high temperatures over the next three days. I
      wouldn't be surprised to see an increase in volcanic activity as well. I
      will keep an eye on Mt. Hood.

      Notice: all the above events has occurred within the last 24 hours. It is
      good idea to maintain a point of reference as we
      continue on with our journey of "change".

      Introducing Sherry's Corner

      At Sherry's Corner, I will address some of the topics that I believe many of
      you have an interest in.

      I have been Mitch's webmaster for nearly seven years now. Both of us are
      filled with passion on things we believe make a
      difference. But just as if we were an old married couple, we sometimes
      disagree or see things just a little differently. Now I
      have my own space to share some different views.

      Come check in with me from time to time and see what's new. Like minded
      people tend to gravitate towards one another.
      Should be a lot of fun, maybe inspiring, and sometimes just a place to vent.

      Come see what's on my mind, and let me hear from you as to what's on yours!

      Sherry Todd
      ectv@...
      Webmaster, Earth Changes TV

      Subscribe To ECTV For Full Access: