Daily Meditation~~~>

    Message 1 of 87 , Jul 14, 2003
      From: gringa@... (Donna) Date: Mon, Jul 14, 2003, 1:11am To:
      [Tradition_OF_The_Redroad] July 14 - Daily Meditations Reply to:
      This is a day that God has made, rejoice and be glad in it.
      What we do with each day is largely decided by the thought we give it in
      the beginning and how we start a new day plays an immense part in the
      success or failure of either carefully laid plans or helter-skelter
      activity.
      We should open this day with as much reverence as if it were gift
      wrapped and presented to us personally, which it is.
      What wonderful thing can I do this day that no one else can do! Shall I
      spend these precious moments complaining? Shall I sit glum at my work to
      make others feel morbid? Should I continually acknowledge how little I
      have and how badly I feel?
      Or should I speak kindly, think kindly, feel kindly, and be so grateful
      that I have another opportunity today to do something for others that
      will bring them joy and lift their spirits?
      This day is in your hands. You will reap from it what you plant. If you
      would be loved, then be lovable; if you want peace, be peaceable; and if
      you would ask freedom, grant freedom. And learn to forgive without
      reservation.
      Never quit when the going gets tough. Now is the time to bear down even
      harder. It would be a shame to quit and find we had almost reached our
      goal. If a person that can't swim panics in deep water, he will sink.
      But if he rolls over and floats for awhile, he can get his sense of
      balance and make the distance easily. The Cherokee believes he can
      endure, he can work, and he can fight. He will not be a tsv na, turned
      back. We owe it to ourselves to see what we can accomplish. And it may
      well be that we can do what others said is not possible.
      ~ You showed me....the spirit shape of things as they should be. You
      have shown me, and I have seen. ~
      BLACK ELK
      "It was good for the skin to touch the earth, and the old people liked
      to remove their moccasins and walk with bare feet on the sacred earth...
      The soil was soothing, strengthening, cleansing, and healing."
      --Chief Luther Standing Bear, TETON SIOUX
      Touching the earth - getting grounded, centered. There is magic in
      touching the earth and feeling her healing power. This is especially
      healthy to do during a troubling time when our minds are racing or can't
      stop thinking or are locked onto fear or resentment. When I need to feel
      free I can go to the Mother Earth. The Mother Earth is full of life and
      love. She always gives her powers to those who come to her. The Mother
      Earth is alive.
      Today,
      my Great Spirit,
      let me remember
      to touch the earth.
      Let me slow down
      and live just for today.
      Let me be gentle,
      patient and kind.
      ADVERTISEMEN
      Message 87 of 87 , Jul 31, 2003
        Hi All Donna will be posting the daily Meditation starting tomorrow i
        will be on a vacation for until Sept 4th thank you Donna ~Will miss you
        all ~Have a good summer Hugs~~~~~~~>Jeanne

        From: gringa@... (Donna) Date: Wed, Jul 30, 2003, 10:01am To:
        [Tradition_OF_The_Redroad] July 30 - Daily Meditations Reply to:
        We pray for a change, we hope for a change, but we wait impatiently. Is
        God not hearing us? We asked. Where is the answers?
        If our prayers were suddenly answered, would we be ready? Or would we
        look behind us for the familiar things, the people, the habits, the
        routine?
        If we were instantly healed, instantly prospered, instantly sought after
        and loved, then what would we do? Attention, compassion and self-pity
        are sometimes more important than having everything changed for the
        better. The fear of being without something to keep us working with the
        same burden, dealing with familiar pain, can stop us from knowing what
        it is to be free and well.
        If we can envision life without a particular problem we can turn our
        minds to real change and have it happen. If we can see change, receive
        it, and know the joy, then gratitude and thanksgiving sets it in place.
        We talk about choosing our friends, but true friends are self-selected.
        It is they who decide to respond and by what method. And finally they
        make themselves our friends by being loyal and having a genuine concern
        for our well being - or allowing privacy when it is needed.
        Acquaintances wait and judge. And sometimes it is better to be
        acquaintances when we cannot find a common ground on which to be
        friends. There is honesty in admitting we cannot be dear friends to all
        people. But there is always something special. A friend is a unali -
        without question or fear or concern for equal time. This is why friends
        are dear to us. They have chosen to be so.
        ~ The white man does not obey the Great Spirit; that is why the Indian
        never could agree with him. ~
        FLYING HAWK
        "You want to know who's a real medicine man? He's the one who doesn't
        say 'I'm a medicine man.' He doesn't ask you to come to him. You've got
        to go and ask him. And you'll find he's always there among his own
        people."
        --Louis Farmer, ONONDAGA
        The Medicine Man is a role model of what it is like to live in harmony
        and balance with the Creator. It takes a long time, a lot of sacrifice
        and discipline to become a Medicine Man. A Medicine Man is humble and
        never crass about anything. He knows he lives to do the will of the
        Great Spirit. He knows he is to help the people. He lives very low key -
        the more low key he lives, the more people seek him out - and such is
        life. The more one serves the people and is quiet about it, the more he
        is sought out. The quieter he is, the more powerful is his medicine.
        Great Spirit,
        allow me this day
        to be humble.
        Allow me this day