Daily Meditation~~~~~~>

    Message 1 of 56 , Jul 13, 2003
      From: gringa@... (Donna) Date: Sun, Jul 13, 2003, 11:02am To:
      [openfires] July 13 - Daily Meditations Reply to:
      openfires@yahoogroups.com
      What is it that keeps us from doing the creative things we want to do?
      Fear of venturing and losing, fear of the unknown? And yet, every day of
      our lives we venture and seldom acknowledge the fact that we didn't
      lose. We too often accomplish something because circumstances forced a
      courage we could not muster from mere desire.
      Frequently we must simply have the audacity to lay aside the taboos we
      have built for ourselves, for fear of appearing foolish, and follow a
      creative curiosity.
      When Robert Louis Stevenson wrote, "Give me a young man with brains
      enough to make a fool of himself," he didn't mean intentionally acting
      foolishly. He meant that a fearlessness of appearing foolish can enable
      us to step outside the realms of what others would call the limits.
      The simplest ventures often bring joy to many, particularly to those who
      in the beginning dared to stand on their own chances of winning or
      losing.
      Summer heat has brought a lull to the meadows. Tiny titmice and bright
      yellow warblers stay close to watering places, and only the locust sings
      on in its raspy tones. It sings to remind us that it is summer and time
      to slow our pace. Hay meadows are dotted with bales, and wheat and beans
      are ready for harvest. Evening is alive with the songs of meadowlarks
      and killdeer, and the mockingbird is the comic that sings in all the
      other bird's voices. It would be impossible to live among the things of
      nature and not pace oneself to them. It is the nature of the Cherokee to
      go to a flowing stream with any problem he may have. And he comes away
      with the best harvest of all, a quiet eye and the peaceful harmony of
      summer.
      ~ I have a good heart, and I want no mistake made this time, to live
      with a good heart and talk truth. ~
      CAPTAIN JACK
      "Grandfather, Great Spirit, once more behold me on earth and lean to
      hear my feeble voice. You lived first, and You are older than all need,
      older than all prayer...You are the life of all things."
      --Black Elk, OGLALA SIOUX
      Great Spirit - Sometimes I don't feel like praying. Sometimes when I
      have done something wrong, I'm ashamed to come to You. Even though You
      have always been there for me, I sometimes choose to stay away. It's
      hard for me to understand what all knowing is. Sometimes it's hard for
      me to see how much You really care. But I know if I take a few minutes
      and think about what I know to be true about You, the things change and
      I am able to realize Your power and Your love. Today, I'll start by
      thinking of You. I'll think about all the times You have helped and
      guided me in the past. You are life, You are love, You are power, You
      are desire, You are truth, Your are principle, You are intelligence, You
      are courage. With You I am everything; without You I am nothing.
      Creator,
      thank You
      for allowing me
      to start my day