Daily Meditation~~~.

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 6, 2003
      From:  Donna <gringa@...>
      Date:  Sun Jul 6, 2003  10:37 am
      Subject:  July 5 - Daily Meditations
      There are very few days when we have control of our time. No matter what
      our schedules may be, there is always a change taking place that keeps
      something from happening when it is supposed to happen. And when the day
      is ended and our schedules have not been met, then it begins to drag on
      our spirits.
      Soon we become so wound up in the problems of the moment that the
      delights of our souls drift away and become a part of the mist of
      "someday." Someday I will get to do what I want to do. Someday when this
      necessary work is finished - and it is possible that the things we
      believe to be so necessary are really robbers of our lives? Do we spend
      too much time with the menial tasks and allow our creativity - the
      ability to bring newness into our lives - to dry up and become
      nonexistent?
      William Blake called this within us "God." One of the greatest poets
      ever to live, he believed that if we keep alive our ability to see and
      feel the beauty of life, our menial tasks will become easy and the way
      successful.
      Yesterday is only a dream, tomorrow only a vision, but today - we live.
      If we live as we should, our yesterdays will be dreams of happiness, and
      our tomorrows will be visions of hope.
      Nothing is so sad as the man who spends all his time today judging
      tomorrow by his experiences of yesterday. He has a vision, but his faith
      does not support him to pursue it. If some great stroke of good fortune
      should overtake him, he will be all ready to go, but he doesn't really
      expect it to happen. So today he sits waiting for the world to change
      for him, never guessing that he is the one who must change.
      No one is so misled as the woman who has such a busy schedule that she
      hasn't time to listen to her children. She expects to take the time to
      play with them - someday. But it is today that the bridges must be built
      from the soul to the body to the spirit. It isn't something built from a
      quick kiss or a smart smack in the right place, but from daily communion
      and understanding.
      Today is the very life of life when the best things are nearest - breath
      in our nostrils, light in our eyes, flowers at our feet, duties at our
      hand, and the path of God before us.
      Remembering can be painful and sometimes without any real benefit. It
      keeps us feeling guilty and regretting so much that the good memories
      are washed out. It is easy enough to forget the good that happened,
      without covering the good with bad memories. No doubt, everything has
      not been ideal - but haven't we given enough thought to the unhappy
      times? It doesn't do any good to ruin the present time recalling what
      went wrong in the past. But we can begin to change. Maybe only a little
      at first - but honest effort has always changed things for the better
      and given us self-respect as well. Time grows more and more precious and
      what we do with it at this moment makes or breaks today and all our
      tomorrows.
      ~ We are not afraid to work and we are not afraid to do right. ~
      TOOKLANNI
      "It does not require many words to speak the truth."
      --Chief Joseph, NEZ PERCE
      The truth shall set you free. This is the truth. When we speak the
      Truth, we do not need to be defensive. Truth needs no defense. When we
      speak the Truth, we do not need to attack because Truth cannot be
      attacked. It is so easy to want to manipulate or to be deceitful or
      dishonest. My head tells me I can get away with doing these things,
      after all everybody does it.
      My Creator,
      today let me know Truth.
      Let me live Truth.
      Let me risk the Truth.
      Let me make the Truth sweet.
      Help me to make my word good.
      Let Your spirit and intent be added to by words.
      Let My thoughts be Truth.
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 24, 2003
        From: gringa@... (Donna) Date: Thu, Jul 24, 2003, 1:13am To:
        [openfires] July 24 - Daily Meditations Reply to:
        openfires@yahoogroups.com
        At night sometimes the world seems so topsy-turvy and you're so weary of
        doing things the same old way. Then nothing seems to please....You try
        desperately for something new and different, something that doesn't seem
        so much like you. Why? Tonight you are different.
        One cannot expect the world to be top side up all the time. Such
        perfection does not come so easily to human nature. And always there is
        a search for something new and different. A change of pace....that
        thought that I don't want to be me today, to think my thoughts and do my
        daily chores. I want to make a complete change now, to know a whole new
        way of life. And it is good to leave behind the many daily situations
        that sometimes stand too closely to be seen clearly, but to be wise
        enough to know which things should be left behind.
        There have been clean sweeps that have left behind the dearest
        things....and have taken along the same dreary, dark unhappy things of
        the mind that should have been left behind.
        A line from the prayer of serenity is "The wisdom to know the
        difference...." And wisdom, says Samuel Taylor Coleridge, is common
        sense in an uncommon degree. If one has the wisdom to wait a bit, wait
        until morning - or several mornings - that uncommon degree of common
        sense will give us the wisdom to know the difference.
        How like moths we are when we are caught in the dark, beating our wings
        against anything that stands between us and the light. Though we strain
        against barriers, we are the a tsv s dv, we are the light or candle that
        lights the place where we are. Others who follow watch for a signal, a
        light in the dark, to know they are not alone. We need to take some time
        to be quiet, to recharge and it may mean waiting a while in the dark.
        But whatever our need, if we wait, the light will come. And it will
        illuminate us instead of blinding us with its glare.
        ~ The path to glory is rough and many gloomy hours obscure it. May the
        Great Spirit shed light on yours. ~
        BLACK HAWK
        "Life is like a path...and we all have to walk the path... As we
        walk...we'll find experiences like little scraps of paper in front of us
        along the way. We must pick up those pieces of scrap paper and put them
        in our pocket... Then, one day, we will have enough scraps of papers to
        put together and see what they say... Read the information and take it
        to heart."
        --Uncle Frank Davis (quoting his mother), PAWNEE
        The Creator designed us to learn by trial and error. The path of life we
        walk is very wide. Everything on the path is sacred - what we do right
        is sacred - but our mistakes are also sacred. This is the Creator's way
        of teaching spiritual people. To criticize ourselves when we make
        mistakes is not part of the spiritual path. To criticize mistakes is not
        the Indian way. To learn from our mistakes is the Indian way. The
        definition of a spiritual person is someone who makes 30-50 mistakes
        each day and talks to the Creator after each one to see what to do next
        time. This is the way of the Warrior.
        Today
        let me see my mistakes
        as a positive process.